Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 13 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 22 reviews
on August 9, 2014
The only reason it gets four stars is because only a brand new book would get that rating.
My own copy continues to give insight to me and my family. This readable book on logic is
useful for any person who wants to present a reasonable and comprehensive argument
in any situation. The Amazon copy is going to a friend who will benefit from it. Thank you
for making it available. --Hypernicon
on January 27, 2016
=

M

This book is just what I needed and at a good price. Even though it isn't the latest edition, I'm still able to follow the class (just one page difference to the latest edition, i.e. Class is would be reading on page 6, I would be reading the same paragraph on page 5).
on April 19, 2017
A very great book and had a good fun reading this
on October 7, 2013
I bought this book for a doctoral class, but have used it at work with my staff to get them to use critical thinking and be objective. When emotions are high, bad decisions are made. This book helps reinforce the how and why of critical thinking.
on December 22, 2014
Some paragraphs that were quite good from other versions were removed. Other than that it has great information and I learned a lot from it. It also fully describes all the fallacies and shows examples!
on March 17, 2013
This book is exactly what I needed for my class. It is helpful if you need to do research because it lists helpful topics and websites that relate to each topic.
on October 12, 2014
good book.
on October 8, 2013
This book, and the topic of critical thinking, should be required reading during your first years in college - maybe even high school. Do yourself a favor. Spend a few dollars and help yourself learn to think critically. You will be glad you did.
on December 20, 2012
I purchased this book for my class study in graduate school. It served my purposes and was cheaper than the price at the bookstore. Good intro to critical thinking
on February 19, 2013
This book is drawn out and stretched to the limits, and a terrible read overall. It's far too simple for anyone older than 12 years old.

Each two pages can be summed up in about a sentence! Only one or two sentences is useful in each couple of pages. It's dreadful and I feel like it's torture reading this for a "critical thinking" english class. Maybe it's because I already know how to think critically and the differences, but seriously, it takes them a total of thirty pages in two different chapters (so far, I'll admit I haven't finished this book yet) to say, "People have different opinions everywhere because of differences in their lives and/or society."

Also as a point of personal annoyance, the author uses the word "kinds of" things, when they clearly mean, "types of" things. There is a difference, and that difference is that one is grammatically/logically/definitively right and one is wrong.

I'll post a cliffnotes version of this entire book soon. You don't need to waste your money on this garbage-y book. As a college student, I'm insulted my teacher even considered this to be a required reading. It's complete trash for college-level students!