Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held GNO Shop Now FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 321 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 370 reviews
on July 13, 2015
After reading this book I feel like Rip Van Winkle - waking up after a twenty year sleep - and finding out to my surprise how drastically things have changed. Hard to believe I did not see this situation developing. This author's book should be on the must read list of every American. The statistics on things like how much of the economy is controlled by the top 1/2 of 1 percent are so alarming and so unbelievable - I will need to verify before accepting it as truth. My big fear is that I will find it to be absolutely true. I hope we can effect change quickly enough through our political institutions and NOT get into a situation where there is a revolution.
on April 18, 2015
Robert Reich explains what has happened with our economy in a format that is easy for the average citizen to comprehend. (No Masters Degree required). Most readers will be able to correlate the information given to what has occurred in their personal financial lives and what is occurring now in politics. It is easy to connect the dots after reading this book and gives you the ability to better interpret the ramifications of bills presented in Congress, as well as the media's spin on them. Mr. Reich offers solutions to correct the current state of the economy and income inequality. I agree with the majority of his solutions, but not all. I highly recommend watching "Inequality For All" prior to reading this book.
on July 20, 2017
Very interesting book. However, there seems to be nothing new regarding Mr.Reich's opinion as to how we got to this point of income inequality and how we can correct it. That being said it was a good read.
on March 10, 2017
Great review of what is happening socially, politically and economically in the U. S. of A
on May 28, 2017
Robert Reich is so good at explaining the obvious. Enjoyed this book very much. It was very informative and an easy read.
on October 13, 2014
I agree with Robert about most things. BUT it was Bill Clinton who repealed Glass-steagle. Democrats do not act different than Republicans. I think Robert has too much faith in the current government structure. Democracy requires informed voters, the actions of the supreme court must be one that protects liberty and freedom, and that includes an economic component. With Citizens United they redefined who the people are...and with a single decisive blow destroyed our country. It will never be the same....I no longer believe any action on my part will do any good...I intend to vote for a third party ...the green party out of protest.
on May 21, 2015
This short, clear, well-written book describes how "our economy and our democracy are rigged against average working people," as well as ways to change this. According to Reich, an important progressive spokesperson, the flow of power and money to the very rich, to corporations, and to Congress have hollowed out the purchasing and political power of the middle class, weakening our democracy. He pulls together our four-decade slide toward the "money = power" equation in one practical report.
on October 8, 2014
For those readers who have watched and studied the path of the US economy this is just a saddening reminder of how badly we have been manipulated. If a person has just been on one of the political teams as sport fans, this could be an eye opener.
on March 7, 2017