BCA Month Beauty Fall Reading Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited $69.99 Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment outlanders3premiere outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels  Three new members of the Echo family Now shipping All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on August 16, 2011
As an avid reader of Karin Slaughter's novels, I was excited to read another one of her Grant County novels. However this one was a let down and not just because of the ending...though the ending was just the "icing on the cake" to a not so great book. Ending aside, I still wouldn't recommend this book as I found it to honestly be rather boring compared to her earlier novels. The plot has promise and in the beginning you can't wait to see how it all connects together, but after awhile the constant jumping back and forth between time and endless boring "filler" caused me to start skimming through pages and then more and more so. When it all goes down and everything is tied together, I was left with more of an "eh" feeling than "wow!", especially considering how the opening pages were so exciting. All in all I'd say the book was more of a 2 1/2 star because take out all the "filler" and the plot line idea isn't BAD, just not great. Then there's the ending.....I won't spoil it, you can find out from other reviews, but if you are a follower of the Grant County novels, more than likely you won't like it, not just because of what happens, but because it happens and then "BOOM", story over. So all in all, I wouldn't recommend this book to anyone, especially Grant County followers...if you want to know what happens I'd say research the book and found out what goes on if you want to "keep up" on the characters instead of wasting the money.
on December 17, 2015
Up until the last chapter of Beyond Reach, I loved this series. I am an avid reader, and after reading Pretty Girls, I picked up the Grant County series and read books 1-6 in two weeks. However, after the way Slaughter destroyed the main characters in her series at the end of Beyond Reach, I will never read another one of her books again. I think that her ending showed disrespect towards and a lack of concern for her fans who have stayed glued to the series through this sixth book. Yes, the ending was unexpected--I was caught entirely by surprise--but rather than enjoying the sensation, I felt angry and betrayed. If you have already read books 1-5, just stop there.
on August 10, 2017
I love this series and the characters. This kept me guessing until the last pages. No one better! Thanks Karin Slaughter, another fast paced thriller !
on July 29, 2017
This series has been addictive (no pun intended). Sara and Jeff are a couple like so many others yet they capture your heart as if they are your own family. Lena is unpredictable as ever. This book won't disappoint you.
on July 21, 2011
I have been a big fan of all of Karin Slaughter's novels, Grant County series or otherwise. Her characters are so well-built, (in the literary sense, lol) so I was shocked at the ending of this novel, and was truely moved, as well. I, like reviewer W. Smith, also thought that it was a very courageous move by Ms. Slaughter, and it makes her novels more realistic and life-like. However, I was sorely disappointed in the majority of the other reader's reviews...I kept thinking, 'grow up'...this is what happens in real life. Ms. Slaughter is not (thank God) writing for a soap opera, she is writing outstanding novels. I will miss the Sara/Jeffery relationship as much as I will miss his principled work ethic and strange, but very interesting relationship with the hard to understand (for me, anyway!)Lena Adams. Anyway, I'm obviously not very good at writing reviews, but I love to read and like I said, I was almost laughing out loud at the dozens of people who seemed to be actually upset and mad at Ms. Slaughter's again, courageous decision in the death of a well-loved character. Did you folks ever stop and think it is 100% her decision to write whatever she wants? Your only decision is whether to read her work or not. Please keepup the outstanding work, Ms. Slaughter!!
on July 1, 2017
Had some slow parts but very suspenseful and interesting. Unbelievably intense ending. Like Karin Slaughter writing and gift of description.
on July 16, 2017
... For edge of the seat stories. This one ends with cliff hangers galore after an intense story centered on her usual main characters.
on August 22, 2016
Ughhhhh I wish I had read the reviews. I sailed through the other books in this series on my Kindle and just automatically bought the next one but I'm just as unhappy as other reviewers. The lawsuit plot seemed to be a far-fetched excuse for Sara having the week off work, and the ending was cheap. Should have skipped this one.
on July 19, 2017
I have only read one other Slaughter novel and it was very good so I was severely disappointed in "Beyond Reach." The book was so disjointed that I was constantly trying to figure out characters, relationships, and their dastardly deeds. Life is too short, read a different book.
on September 1, 2017
Really enjoyed this book. Lots of excitement and hard to put down. Karin slaughter is one of my favorite authors