Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Beyond Sugar Shock: The 6-Week Plan to Break Free of Your Sugar Addiction & Get Slimmer, Sexier & Sweeter Paperback – June 1, 2012
|New from||Used from|
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
“If you are ready to love yourself and your body, abandon the wounds of your past, and free yourself from unhealthy addictions, then read Beyond Sugar Shock. Then, combine the information it contains with your new-found inspiration.” –Bernie Siegel, M.D., author of A Book of Miracles and Faith, Hope & Healing
“Sugar is NOT good for your brain. It increases erratic brain cell firing, promotes inflammation and is clearly addictive. Beyond Sugar Shock can help you get sugar out of your life and replace it with health and vitality. It is a powerful program full of easy tips and tactics.” –Daniel G. Amen, M.D., bestselling author of Change Your Brain, Change Your Body, Magnificent Mind at Any Age, and Change Your Brain, Change Your Life
“This enjoyable book shows you how to change your diet, reduce your sugar intake, lose weight and enjoy greater energy than ever before.” –Brian Tracy, motivational speaker and author, Earn What You’re Really Worth “
"Beyond Sugar Shock fearlessly tackles the nation's Number One health crisis - the diabesity epidemic. Connie Bennett offers real life solutions, recipes, take-action programs and spot on science to help break the sugar addiction that is fueling our nation's health epidemic. In the right hands, this book could change the course of America's health with Connie Bennett's unique 6-week plan for a slimmer, sexier and sweeter YOU!” –Ann Louise Gittleman, Ph.D., C.N.S. author of The Fat Flush Plan and Fat Flush for Life
“Break free! This refreshing and enlightening book shows how to release sugar addiction easily. It can save your life. Read it!” –Dr. Joe Vitale, author, The Attractor Factor
About the Author
Top Customer Reviews
1) Attractive cover grabs the attention of sugar lovers. I mean, there are cupcakes on there. Yummy!
2) As a nurse, I felt the book offered an excellent overview of the medical signs and symptoms related to hyperinsulinemia and the resulting hypoglycemia--what most are now calling prediabetes. The list of symptoms found on pages 3 and 4 gives one the idea of how metabolically pervasive carbohydrates are to the human body. The irritability and food panic is recognizable to anyone with hypoglycemia. "I need food now!" Bennett hits on the diseases caused by sugar on page 7. Blindness should have been an addition here.
3) All of chapter 3 is information based on science and medicine. The problem here, as I noted throughout the book, is that the author frowns upon so many foods---dairy, grains, artificial sweeteners, salts, high-fat meats, processed foods, etcetera---that one is left wondering what remains to actually eat.
4) The Sweet Success Stories told by real sugar addicts are the highlight of the book. I identified with several of these people.
5) I enjoyed the quiz in chapter two; however, some of the questions focused too much on candy and not on the other carbs we so love: pasta, bread, cereal...
6) Tips like using a journal and employing question words--who, what, where, when, why, and how--would come in handy for most folks trying to make drastic changes.
7) The book offers great information on hidden sugars in foods as well as on various forms of exercise. Go Zumba!
8) Helpful section on portion sizes begins on page 193. Sadly many foods are not discussed at all. What about replacements for salad dressings that are no longer recommended?
9) Fair price for the content.Read more ›
"Before You Head into Week Two, Have You Laid the Groundwork for Your Success?
- Are you boogeing to your Woo-Hoo, Feel Good Theme Song every day and doing the Success Strut?
- Do you boldly pronounce your affirmations frequently throughout your day?
- Do you regularly See, Feel, & Act As If You've Already Won?
- Are you looking at your vision board several minutes a day?
- Are you regularly doing Sugary Soul Searching?
- Are you often asking yourself the 5 W's & 1 H?
- Did you prepare your "Why I Need to Quit" and Benefits List, and are you taking it with you for inspiration wherever you go?
- Have you made an appointment with a sugar-savvy doctor yet?
- Have you found a supportive therapist, health coach, life coach, or nutritionist?
- Have you joined the free Beyond Sugar Shock Freedom SparkTeam on [...] and started chatting with us?
Congratulations! You've Completed Week One."
How can one take this author seriously? The whole book is full of this kind of nonsence. Even the recipes are ridiculous.Read more ›
Week 1-Change your thinking. Okay there is some good stuff here about evaluating your sugar consumption, but also a lot of positive thinking and self-talk drivel.
Week 2-Work on your body. More positive thinking and self-talk drivel and some questionable advice about reducing your sugar intake. Among her suggestions for reducing your sugar consumption. Instead of eating sweets all day long, eat 4-5 bites twice-a-day of a dessert of your own choosing. Really?!? Talk about an invitation to fail!
Week 3-Work on your "spirit." Again a mixed bag. Some good stuff here about getting enough sleep and getting more benefit from exercise and more positive thinking and self-talk drivel.
Week 4-Work on your body again. If you still even remember you own this book, here in chapter 8, you start changing your diet. Finally a content-rich chapter on changing ones diet. Some good stuff here about all the good things one can eat and a list of the most important foods to buy organic if you can't afford to buy all organic.
Week 5-Work on your mind again. Some okay info here about saying "no" to sweets in creative ways, but come on!Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I think this is a fabulous book to help people become aware of how sugar is so prevalent and how it's consumption can negatively impact our days, our lives and our health. Read morePublished 13 months ago by Angelstar
I don't review books because everyone likes what they like. This book put a lot of time an research to explain the dangers of sugar and how we as a society are all addicts of... Read morePublished on March 15, 2014 by Amazon Customer
- The VERY overweight
- The sugar junkies that love sweets
- the Diabetic/pre-diabetic crowd.
Not useful for anyone else ..
I had such hopes for this book when I found it available to read and review in the Amazon Vine Program. Read morePublished on June 25, 2013 by Free Range Clickin'
I found this book to be very helpful in finding out if one does indeed have a "sugar problem" or not. Read morePublished on May 14, 2013 by K. Pollock
If you suspect that you have a problem with carbs, this book is a good place to start looking for information. Read morePublished on April 27, 2013 by Ohio Mom
This review is based on a book provided through the Amazon Vine program.
I admit it, I love sweets and other carbs. It's always the downfall to my weight loss attempts. Read more
Really good advise and got some good ideas......as
I am on verge og high blood sugar and need to pay attention to too much sugar source even though I exercise frequently
This is a "how-to" book on quitting sugar and carbs. It is full of down-to-earth suggestions to help shake that addiction.Published on March 20, 2013 by lizontheroad