Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now PSFF17_gno

Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

Showing 1-10 of 34 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 46 reviews
on October 4, 2016
I was required to read this in a music business class in college. In reading chapter to chapter. I found the book to be an amazing read! Beeching discuses the necessities of having a successful and rewarding music career in any given field from constructing a resume to marketing and displaying your talent through media presence to audience environment to preparing how to prepare for a given music job, and so on. Her chapters provide easy reading and give what I call (break points) so I don't have to read 50 pages just to get to a point where I can safely stop reading. I strongly recommend this book to the avid musician or for anyone who is greatly considering a music career!
on July 24, 2014
This book is a wonderful crash course and reference guide to making it as a freelance musician. I consider this a must-have for any professional or aspiring professional musician. As somebody who has been to multiple music schools, and who makes a living as a violinist, I have to say that the information in this book is just as important to a successful music career as is playing your instrument well... BUT! This is the stuff they never teach you in music school.

Some topics off the top of my head: How to write a business letter; How to create a website; How to create business cards; How to record a demo CD; How to network; How to fundraise; How to get promotional photos... you get the idea.

I loaned this book out to another musician friend. He liked it so much that instead of shipping mine back to me, he ordered me a new one and kept a copy for himself. I got this book in much the same way — I checked it out from the library, and liked it so much, that I bought a copy for myself. Well worth it, and I've never seen a better book of its kind.
on July 28, 2016
I know you can highlight the Kindle version but I think I'm going to invest in the print version of this too. It's that good. I wish I'd read this whilst I was in music college. It really does cover everything. And I do mean everything. There's loads of information here.

It should be required reading for anyone studying music at a tertiary level who desires a career in music. Ms Beeching has created a brilliant resource.If your serious about about having a successful music career, this book is an absolute must!.
on April 7, 2017
My son loves this book.
on May 24, 2013
I had the pleasure to attend one of Ms. Beech's book signing event and met with her in person. I am now on her e-mail list. Mind you that I am an amateur pianist looking into producing my music. Had this book been there 20 years ago it might have changed my career path. This book is the "go-to" bible for everything a musician should know aside from performing: marketing, how to write program notes, CV, how to copyright, how to book concerts. She broke everything down in practical, easy-to-read instruction formats. I find that after 20 years of being out-of-the-loop from musical world, this book gives me invaluable advise to step back in.
on April 29, 2015
As an arts consultant I am always looking for useful resources for my clients. This book is extremely helpful to any artist considering a career in the arts. It covers a wide array of topics and gives practical, seasoned advice. The book dispels many of the myths involved in having a successful career and provides suggestions with input from real artists in real-life situations to illustrate many points. I highly recommend his book to artists at all levels, managers and agents.
on May 20, 2017
This little gem is full of good advice. I wish something like this had been around when I was first starting out. I give it to my students who are graduating and as they go off to college.
on February 17, 2016
Excellent book in excellent price! Thanks!
If you would like to try something different that would be very profitable to you from the early beginning, then you'd better visit the following address: (...) and discover the 1000TRUTH (NO SCAM, NO HASSLE, 24/7 SUPPORT, MONEY BACK GUARANTEE! RESPECT!) and much more…
on November 20, 2012
I'm 2 years out of grad school right now. I have MANY friends who are in the same boat as I am trying to find work within our field while not starving. We've gone through the whole "funk" of being smacked in the face with the real world. This book has great suggestions about broadening your horizons within the musical field. Whether looking to be a performer or administrator, there are plenty of tips to get your career headed in the right direction. Highly recommend for those preparing to graduate, just graduated, or even those who just need to be reminded why they got into the music biz to begin with.
on March 14, 2013
Very informative and insightful; Angela Beeching gives the reader, both those seasoned musicians and those just starting out,
a refreshing prospective on the inner game of a establishing and sustaining a career in music. Much has changed over the years in
the way in which young (and old!) musicians utilize their creative thinking in marketing and venues, to create
much needed performance experience and also revenue streams. Ms. Beeching approaches this advice
in a very strategic and informative format which is very direct, clear and precise.