- "Dendler populates the novel with varied characters and fun, fantastical elements. Bianca's wish to prove that she's not weak and that a girl can save the kingdom is inspiring, resulting in a sweet, empowering tale of a princess standing up for herself." Publishers Weekly
- "Princess Bianca rules, in every way! This tale of intrepid discovery and determination will delight young readers, and will dare those who deal with the dragons of self-doubt, frustration, and bullying to step out and challenge those menaces to a duel." Listed as a Favorite from New England Children's Book Review
- "Runs to surprising depths . . . spry and charming . . . exquisitely characterized animals. Bianca, all told, is a memorable middle-grade heroine . . . and Sammy the donkey will live long in young memory." Kirkus Reviews
- "This story is an enchanting fairy tale woven with witches, fairies, dragons, adventure, and whimsy. Bianca's character has been strongly portrayed and her bravery, courage, kindness, and goodness are tangible to young readers as they turn the pages. It is a wonderful read and, with all the action and adventure, has a good pace and movement which will keep readers glued till the very end. . . . For all those who love magic, adventure, action, fantasy, whimsy, and fairy tales, this book is a must-read." Readers' Favorite 5-star Review
- "There is an underlying meaning to this book that you shouldn't judge others without knowing their circumstances. Kids will read it for the adventure--parents should buy it for the life lesson." Story Monster Ink, February 2018 Story Monster Approved. Kid reviewed, kid approved!
- "Dendler's writing is smooth and accessible with small details of lavish castle living and fairy tale adventure that readers on the younger end of the middle-grade spectrum are likely to savor. Princess Bianca--as she proves herself to be brave and independent rather than coddled and frail--will be a strong draw for reluctant readers." BookLife
- "Dendler's fractured fairy tale for middle graders follows an unlikely hero on her journey to save a kingdom and eventually discover her authentic self. My favorite aspect of this tale is Bianca's stature as a strong role model for girls. She's a princess who goes against type. Bianca doesn't need rescuing, and she's not pining away for her prince. Hers is a journey of self-discovery you'll want every young girl in your life to emulate. Dendler's Bianca: The Brave Frail and Delicate Princess is a delightful read for upper-elementary boys and girls who enjoy their adventure spiced with wink-wink humor. However, Bianca shines especially for girls as the book encourages them to go beyond expectations and be unafraid of finding who they truly are." Cat's Corner, 5 Meows