Lyft Vehicles Review HPC Oprah's Book Club Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Three new members of the Echo family Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite Game of Thrones: The Complete Seasons 1-7 now available on Blu-ray and DVD Shop now TG18_gno

Top Contributor: Cookingon August 28, 2014
This book has been out for many years, but is still very relevant. You will learn a lot by reading about the history related to the Bible. It's more fascinating than you can imagine. I'm not particularly religious and didn't purchase this to learn more about the Bible... I was interested in the historical value of the book. I was very surprised... It goes back to the first mention of God by mankind... and you might just change your mind if you're not religious. If not that... then you will be very educated very quickly. The book is easy to read and full of interesting historical information. It's not opinion or rambling.. it's just straight up all the information you should know already. I doubt that most Christians even know where Christianity began..this goes back to the very seed of religion. It tells how the Bible came to be and progressed and who did what and for what reasons. Over the years this has also made a great present for my Christian friends as a small birthday, Christmas, going-away gift... or just an "I care" gift. I've bought at least 10 as gifts. Even those who sort of grimaced when opening the package have come back to tell me how surprised they were and how much they learned from the book. No one is sorry about getting it or reading it. Even tho most heathen of my friends has been very interested in this book. I was glad to read it again. The. last time I read it was over ten years ago and I had forgotten a lot. I like to be able to hold my own in conversations about religion or any subject... this will make you more educated than 99% of the people in your crowd. It is fascinating and not a boring read.
on May 5, 2016
I read the earlier version (This is an updated version) and was disappointed. The earlier version did not jump to a biblical conclusion, but let the reader make up his/her own mind. This one has more stated conclusions. The bothersome part is that the conclusions were not based on conclusive evidence and should have been left open.
on August 11, 2017
I bought this as a gift, but I have not been able to give it up yet. Fascinating to read and see the pictures of the areas that have been discovered that match the bible !! Great for believers, and maybe for someone just trying to discover the truth of the bible.
on May 10, 2017
If you have any interest in archaeology, history, geography and even science you will enjoy Keller's book. Admittedly, I wasn't certain if I would like the book before ordering it, but it was referred to, and highly recommended, by the authors of several other books I had read. I am so glad I ordered it. Also, if you have any interest in the Old Testament in the Bible, I believe the information in Keller's book will amaze you. This is not a fast read but an incredible journey. I definitely recommend this book.
on September 28, 2017
hard to get started on this book. A little at a time
on September 3, 2013
This is a very good book. Not so hard to read as you might expect for a book which is really about archaeology. It is very well written for the layman. I enjoy reading it with a good set of Bible maps, as well as my Bible, of course. Highly recommended. The delivery was well within the time estimated, and the quality very good, which is what they said it was.
on March 25, 2017
Outstanding! a very good read
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on November 6, 2017
Great history.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 21, 2015
Not as complete as the original, text-only book, but it's ok for people who really don't want a lot of depth.
on February 11, 2017
Love the book. So much information.