- Paperback: 24 pages
- Publisher: Cornell University Library (January 1, 1863)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1429748117
- ISBN-13: 978-1429748117
- Product Dimensions: 5.5 x 0.1 x 8.5 inches
- Shipping Weight: 2.9 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 4.0 out of 5 stars See all reviews (1 customer review)
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #8,265,891 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
The Bible view of slavery reconsidered: a letter to the Right Rev. Bishop Hopkins Paperback – January 1, 1863
The Amazon Book Review
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more. Read it now
Top Customer Reviews
Reverend Newman spends a great deal of this small pamphlet on the Old Testament where so much of the pro-slavery amunition is found. Others have offered more study of the New Testament where the not very clear anti-slavery foundation is found hiding.
This is a very short work. For anyone interested in owning the pamphlet I would recommend another work A Reply to the "Bible view of slavery: by John H. Hopkins, D.D., Bishop of the diocese of Vermont". The work by Biblicus [Louis C. Newman] is added to this title for a reasonable price.