Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Ibera Bicycle Lightweight Aluminum Water Bottle Cage, White
Your Garage Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Tall Heights Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis DollyParton Shop Now

Color: White|Change

on September 19, 2012
These are exactly what I was looking for. They look nicer than the old metal tube bottle holders and they hold bottles much better than the old style holders. If you like Gatorade, these hold a 20 oz Gatorade bottle as if they were designed to. The price is tough to beat on these and for the price I don't think you'll find a better looking or lighter bottle holder for the price. I can fit two of these with two 25 oz Camelbak Big Chills in them on my 46 CM Trek 1500 with no issue getting the bottles in and out of the cages. I bought the white ones as I thought the carbon ones looked tacky. The white looks very nice and clean. Don't know if they will last a lifetime, but at this price I can afford to buy a new one if they don't. The holes on these match perfect with standard bottle holder bolts on road bikes.
review image review image
on October 11, 2010
I wanted to get decent water bottle cages for my road bike without having to spend my 401(k) on carbon cages to save 10 grams. After doing some research on eBay and Amazon, I found these Ibera aluminum cages and the look, weight and price were good enough for me. So I bought 2 and I am quite pleased with them. They are sturdy enough to hold a full bottle firmly while riding on the road (I did not try them on a mountain bike). They are reasonably light and look better than the standard aluminum cages. Overall, a good product at a good price.
22 comments| 91 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 9, 2011
Sturdy and somewhat lightweight. They do a great job of holding my bottles while I zoom over potholes and railroad tracks with wreckless abandon and they look great doing it. Very good quality. And nobody else I see has them.
on October 22, 2010
Good value. It does look like it is made of carbon fiber. The most important thing is that I have not lost a bottle yet.
on September 19, 2014
Other reviews have stated that it transfers paint, or the paint comes off, and so on. True, it does, but so far only on the inside of the cage, the outside looks great still. I don't know if this is a powder coated piece (guessing not) but the paint does rub off, although it seems to have stopped so far for me and no long comes off on my bottles.

The cage holds things in place tightly and the plastic clip on the top allows for easy in and out. I can't yet speak to the longevity of the clip but it seems sturdy enough to me. The white is a gloss white and really shines when clean. I have a 2014 Trek 1.5 that is black and white and these accent the bike perfectly.

The weigh 38 grams each, which is relatively light weight but not as light as others. I have fit everything from my son's sippy cup (he made me do it!) to a 20 oz and 24 oz water bottles with no issues. Well the sippy cup was loose but I only rode for about 50 feet with it in there.

The gap between the mounting bolts is HEAVENLY if you are trying to clean the bike. I hated having to shove a rag in that gap or remove the holder just to clean, this design is so money if you want and like to have a nice looking bike.

I have a friend with the same holders and he has had his for 3 years now with no grip loss to them, so I am expecting the same. Currently have about 300 miles with these on the road bike and have hit some rough patches of road with nothing falling out.
on April 17, 2013
Item came quick and was as described. I ordered two and they both arrived at the same time. They include all mounting hardware. Also, if anyone is wondering these cages hold the 'big chill' camel back bottles perfectly.
on October 9, 2012
I'll keep this review simple, because it would be silly to over-complicate this buying decision:

The bottle cages are made of durable material and will last for quite a while. They fit most standard bottles, including my 22 and 24oz polar bottles (see picture at the top). I've never had any problem with bottles falling out of these cages or bouncing loose, and doubt I ever will. They grip the bottle better than your standard metal cages, and are absolutely worth the $10 price (as compared to $4 for a much cheaper, less durable and less functional metal cage).

If you like the look of these, get them and they won't let you down. It's as simple as that.
on September 21, 2011
It's a great price, unless you receive it broken you really can't complain about a 9.99 price point for a bike accessory.
I can't speak for the glossy/shiny finishes but I ordered the black which is a flat black incidentally and of course when it arrived it was chipped off in numerous places and the silver shines through really voiding the whole purpose for black. I'm a little unhappy about a beat-up looking 'new' bottle cage, but at the price point, if I would have considered the 'aluminum' in the title better, I would have expected this and ordered another color. That original packaging is the typical piece of cardboard that hangs on a peg and the cage hardware(screws) attach the cage to the hanging cardboard, so unless they truly care about their customer you're just going to get one pulled off the peg and tossed into a box 'as-is'.I can say the aluminum feels rigid(firm) not so much flexible so if it suffers impact /abuse it'll probably break when trying to bend it back. These are just some background tidbits, things I should have considered or would have liked to know prior.
In the end, it's only 9.99, it's very light/low profile, a nice tight fit for the CamelBak Podium Chiller I bought it for, and mounts just fine to my bike with the bike's existing hardware. I've only have it a couple weeks and no change in integrity so far, but only time will tell. But again at this price point, even Walmart has nothing comparable, so I'd just buy another.
55 comments| 33 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 1, 2013
It holds a water bottle well. I don't know what else to say. I needed a water bottle holder for my Cannondale so I ordered this one because of it's high rating. So if you've ever thought to yourself, "I sure wish I had a bottle holder to hold a bottle of water on my bike!" then you should probably buy this because that's what it does and it does it well.
on May 11, 2015
I bought two of these (white and plain aluminum) and they work great (holding nalgene "On the fly" bottles). They came with the mounting bolts, but I still had the ones that came with the bike so I just used those.
My one (small) gripe is that the non-colored aluminum one gouges up my bottles while the white one is significantly smoother and doesn't gouge anything.