- File Size: 2867 KB
- Print Length: 216 pages
- Publisher: White Star Press; 4th edition (November 28, 2013)
- Publication Date: November 28, 2013
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B003PDN5EC
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #5,922 Free in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Free in Kindle Store)
|Digital List Price:||$6.99|
|Print List Price:||$12.95|
Save $12.95 (100%)
A Bid For Love: (Deal for Love, Book 1) (Love Series) Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
I love reading a romance book that I don't have to cringe from unwanted explicit sexual scenes.
I thank the author for writing such an entertaining book.
Many readers are praising the book because it's a clean, faith-based romance. No smut, swearing or sex--but hey, theft, violence, bloodshed, and murder are OK, right? One reader claimed it was a "good spiritual book," I had to laugh. Nothing particularly spiritual about it (except maybe to have a lot of kids). A pastiche of LDS Christian themes artlessly woven into the storyline, doesn't enhance the story it so it's a tad awkward, but not overbearing. The fiction author's job is not to prosthelitize, or convert the reader, but to remain true to their character's wants and needs. Nunes almost pulls it off but hasn't heard of Faulkner's adage: kill your darlings. Too distracting, a reason to stop reading.
The rather short story (or novella/novelette), is told from the alternating perspective of both Cassie and Jared. However, the somewhat daft but likable characters are flat, and two-dimensional; the plot has a few curious loopholes. Hence the two-star rating. At least Nunes' writing style is solid and lively, her grammatical errors are minimal (TG), and it is an entertainingly light read. Simple summer escape fiction that won't make you think or blink. Not much by way of sizzle though. A light chick lit mystery/ romance that's suitable for teenagers--if the story will hold their attention, that is.
Framed For Love, the second book continues the love story (Cassi and Jared's marriage, and the bad guys want revenge), and Love On The Run (the honeymoon, and other even badder guys) rounds out the trilogy.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
It was such an interesting book that I read it in one sitting except for the last 30 minutes that I couldn't stay awake. Finished it just now and it is a must read book.Published 7 days ago by Evelyn Dockery
Kept my interest and had me guessing. I always enjoy a good and exciting mystery. One you will want to read.Published 13 days ago by Georganne Maire
The book has some intrigue and is good, light reading with a twist at the end that is satisfying. Enjoy!Published 14 days ago by Teresa Banker
It's been a while since I read it, and for that, I apologize, but it was a highly entertaining story, in my opinion, and did not allow me to become bored with it for one second.Published 29 days ago by moi
I like trilogies and I enjoy reading LDS novels. I can relate better when I read about characters who have my same core beliefs and values.Published 1 month ago by Cori
Loved it like I love chocolate. It was sweet, clean romance and great characters. I love this author's work.Published 1 month ago by Susan
Clean mystery with romance and emotion, fun light read. One of those you dont want to stop reading from start to finish!Published 2 months ago by c.j.
Mines is going on my favorite reads list. I liked the drama and legal suspense as well as the romance I'm this story. The twists in the plot made it a fun read.Published 3 months ago by Nichole Wise
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Books > Christian Books & Bibles > Literature & Fiction > Romance > Contemporary
- Books > Christian Books & Bibles > Literature & Fiction > Romance > Mystery & Suspense
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Women's Fiction > Contemporary Women
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Contemporary Fiction > Women's Fiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Religious & Inspirational Fiction > Romance
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Women's Fiction > Christian
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Women's Fiction > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Women's Fiction > Romance
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Religion & Spirituality > Christian Books & Bibles > Christian Fiction > Romance > Contemporary
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Religion & Spirituality > Christian Books & Bibles > Christian Fiction > Romance > Mystery & Suspense