Truck Reviews Beauty Best Books of the Month Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. Electronics Gift Guide Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now STL18_GNO

on February 24, 2016
Nice big book, good quality, bright colors
review imagereview image
28 people found this helpful
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon June 28, 2016
All I can say is my daughter knew what a chinchilla was and could differentiate between half a dozen types of birds by the time she was 16 months old because of this book. By the time she was 18 months old, she knew over 100 different animals. Now she's 22 months old and we use this book to play a game we invented. I give her a pile of animal figurines, and she places the figurines on the corresponding animal photo. It's a huge book so all her figurines fit on the pages without any trouble. LOVE this book!
7 people found this helpful
on January 31, 2017
My 2 year old loves this book. I like how its organized by categories for each page.
I think real pictures are better for a toddler than cartoon drawings.
6 people found this helpful
on January 3, 2018
Bought this for our son when he was 1, he is now 19 mo and LOVES this book. It's one of his favorites, he will bring it over to us to sit with him and "read". He can point out almost all of the animals now. There are a few animals that have difficult names, but I like that because it will challenge him especially as he grows and learns. It is really a BIG book, with big real pictures of animals.
on March 17, 2015
I am always looking for fun and overall good books for my little one to learn from. This book is such a great addition to our library!!

Pros:
- Pictures are so clear!
- There are so many animals that when we went to the zoo my little one was able to point out so many that we saw in this book.
- It is a large book and doesn't make you squint to find what you are looking for.
- Pages are sturdy and easy for small hands to turn.

Cons:
None!

We love this book and look through it all the time. We play games with the different animals on the pages. As she is getting older the questions get harder and it has made it so much fun over and over. I love that this book has been able to grow with my little one with the different ways that we can interact and play. Instead of just flipping through the pages I can find her looking at the different pictures and turning each page.

This would be a great addition to anyone's children book collection for their little one.
on November 30, 2017
Sent this super great alphabet book for children with letters and animals that match the letters in English. Sent this to a school in Bangladesh where Rohingya children are learning English. A minimalist picture book. Letter/Name of Animal printed with picture of the animal for each letter of alphabet. Came an great condition.
on January 11, 2017
We love Priddy books at our house. We've had 4 children and the books get so loved that we've had to replace several over the years - you can only expect a book to hold up to so much (like try explaining to a two-year old why books can't take tubbies). Books are sturdy, pictures are bold and bright and clear. My toddler even takes these to bed with him because he loves them so much.
3 people found this helpful
on December 30, 2015
With over a decade of experience working with children, I can't say enough good things about this book. Disclaimer: It is not a story book! I have read it with typically developing children, children with Autism, as well as cognitively and physically impaired children in wheelchairs and they have all truly enjoyed the large pictures and shared reading experience. This book is especially great for promoting language growth and has a page of baby animals, a page for farm animals, pets, etc. It's extremely durable too, and can be easily wiped down if it gets dirty. Buy it! You won't regret your purchase.
One person found this helpful
on January 6, 2017
Bought this for my 1-year old granddaughter & she loves it!
review image
5 people found this helpful
on August 15, 2017
I credit PRIDDY books for my daughter's advancement in her verbal skills and her fascination and intellectual interest with all things, especially animals! That's not to say we don't go over the book with her. We're constantly pointing to the pictures and telling her what it is, what sound it makes, what color it is, etc. Thanks, Priddy!
One person found this helpful