Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $3.99 shipping
+ $4.45 shipping
The Big Bang Theory: Season 7
|Price:||Get Fast, Free Shipping with Amazon Prime & FREE Returns|
|You Save:||$10.15 (41%)|
Frequently bought together
Big Bang Theory, The: The Complete Seventh Season (DVD)
Doctors Leonard Hofstadter & Sheldon Cooper (Johnny Galecki & Jim Parsons) are brilliant physicists – masterminds of their CalTech laboratories, but socially challenged in the non-theoretical real world. Enter beautiful, street-smart neighbor, the actress/waitress Penny (Kaley Cuoco), who aims to teach them a thing or two about life. Despite their on-again, off-again relationship in the past, Leonard believes he’s found true love with Penny. Even Sheldon has grown comfortable with a female companion, entering into a signed “Relationship Agreement” with neurobiologist Amy Farrah Fowler (Mayim Bialik). In their free time, Leonard and Sheldon continue to enjoy weekly trips to the comic book store and fantasy role-playing games with their ever-expanding universe of friends, including fellow scientists Rajesh Koothrappali (Kunal Nayyar), Howard Wolowitz (Simon Helberg), and Howard’s microbiologist wife, Bernadette (Melissa Rauch).]]>
- Is Discontinued By Manufacturer : No
- MPAA rating : s_medNotRated NR (Not Rated)
- Product Dimensions : 7.5 x 5.4 x 0.55 inches; 4.8 Ounces
- Item model number : 829047
- Media Format : Multiple Formats, Widescreen, NTSC
- Run time : 8 hours and 5 minutes
- Release date : September 16, 2014
- Actors : Johnny Galecki, Jim Parsons, Kaley Cuoco, Simon Helberg, Kunal Nayyar
- Subtitles: : Portuguese, French, Korean, Thai, Spanish
- Producers : Chuck Lorre, Bill Prady, Steven Molaro
- Language : English (Dolby Digital 5.1)
- Studio : WarnerBrothers
- ASIN : B00FEVZ960
- Number of discs : 3
- Best Sellers Rank: #4,810 in Movies & TV (See Top 100 in Movies & TV)
- Customer Reviews:
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The four scientists are:
- Supersmart theoretical physicist Sheldon, who is as advanced in physics as he is stunted in social skills. Many have speculated that Sheldon has Aspergers. The shows writers initially stated that they did not write Sheldon to have Aspergers. I don’t just think Sheldon has Aspergers - I think they all do. Sheldon is portrayed by Jim Parsons, who has rightfully won numerous Emmys for this role.
- Experimental physicist Leonard is Sheldon’s long-suffering roommate who pines for the neurotypical girl next door, waitress and wannabe actress Penny. Johnny Galecki's portrayal of Leonard is perfect. In general, all of the actors are well cast, and the ensemble cast really clicks.
- Astrophysicist Raj initially suffers from selective mutism; he cannot speak when a woman is present.
- Mama’s boy engineer Howard rounds out the group.
At its heart, this sitcom is about the development of these four young men, especially in regards to their relationships with women. The sitcom never just stays with its successful formula. Instead, it permits its characters to really develop. Relationships with women - some long, some short - come and go. Marriages take place. Forever unseen babies are born. It is a delight to see the characters make real progress in their lives.
One of the ways in which this sitcom really shines is in guest appearances. Wil Wheaton is a recurring favorite, as is Stephen Hawking. Guest stars are drawn from such shows as Star Trek, Battlestar Galactica, and Firefly. Bill Gates makes an appearance, as does Neil Gaiman. The guest star list is nerd nirvana.
My favorite aspect of the show is the constant references to the things geeks like, whether it’s TV shows or movies, video games or ComicCon. This show has validated an entire subculture. And, really, why shouldn’t it? Why should grown men be belittled for having paraphernalia from a favorite franchise while other grown men decorate their man caves in sports paraphernalia? Why is one socially acceptable and the other not? Well, thanks to The Big Bang Theory, no more.
12 years. Not a single weak season. Sure, there was an occasional weak episode. But this show could have gone on forever and never gotten old.
(The one weak spot is the Leonard-Penny relationship. These two have literally nothing in common, and it shows. In the end, the best the writers could do was envelop them in insult humor. That’s not to say that one of these brainiac boys could not have had a successful relationship with an intellectually-inferior attractive blonde. It’s just that this particular relationship clearly does not work.)
This particular season was full of huge moments for most of the gang (don't worry, no spoilers here). There's follow-up from Raj's big revelation at the end of season seven. Sheldon was ripped forcibly from his comfort zone repeatedly, and eventually decides to make a big move because of it. The last few episodes, while funny, put tears in my eyes several times and proved that this comedy series has believable enough characters that I can sympathize with them and root for them. I can't wait for season eight -- so much is up in the air, and I want to see where everyone lands! And if we'll ever see Howard's mom (call it morbid curiosity on my part).
Memorable episodes include a scavenger hunt that Raj puts on for the gang and the Thanksgiving episode where it is discovered that Penny accidentally married her ex-boyfriend, Zack, in Las Vegas, and Leonard works quickly to get it annulled. The characters continue to grow and change, change so much according to Sheldon that he needs to leave for a while to figure things out and this is the subject of the finale.
It was a good season and though the dynamics have changed considerably from seasons 1-3, the show is still one of the best on television.
Top reviews from other countries
fan = raw_input(">")
If (fan =="yes"):
print " you are looking at this season, then you are already familiar with the show & characters. Get It!"
print " why are you looking at this item? "
# this DVD came all nice and scratch free, in plastic wrap.
this is a great buy for anyone that has been following the Big Bang Theory show or Just starting. There's tons of special feature on all 3 disc that I enjoyed watching.
It's one of those timeless DVDs that I know I'll go back to every now and then on a rainy day just to brighten up my mood.