Shop Auto Winter Products Salon Beauty Best Books of the Month Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop STEM Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

Customer reviews

Big Easy Heat
Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:$0.99

on June 3, 2013
I have all of the books that this writer has written and have enjoyed her writing method. This writer keeps you guessing up until the very end of the story and then some. I have even put her on my watch list for new books and have tweeted her about her writing skills. Each tie I start a new one of her books she takes me to a new and different world to explore. She is very though and tells the story as if you were watching from a vantage point just in hearing distance of the conversation and I have read all with the eagerness of a new friend coming to visit. I wish to thank her for her work and encourage her to continue please for as long as she can..
3 helpful votes
4 helpful votes
on July 31, 2013
I truly like Doreen Owens Maleks writing. Excellent story. The story does happen in real life. I understand Beau's logic regarding the accident. The big company's trying to get away with negligence. The workers suffer and sometimes death. I also feel for Morgan she has to follow the law, even when the out come is unfair. I would recommend this story to friends.
2 helpful votes
on December 20, 2012
I read a ton of romances, usually paranormal and was a little worried about buying what I thought would be a Harlequin type where it is so formulaic (alpha rich man overwhelms and woos secretary type). I was really pleasantly surprised how this wasn't the case: the heroine is a sharp lawyer who holds her own. The hero is impetuous and not always 100% smooth which I liked as I really get tired of the imbalance of capabilities between men/women in these types of romances.

What I really enjoyed was the dialogue - it seems like most romance authors today, consider conversation not something to bother about. It's either all endless introspection or description. Here, the communication between the leads was snappy and really told you something about their characters.

The reason why I don't give this 5 stars is that I really question whether a competent lawyer (as she is presented in the story) wouldn't have been in hot water with an ethics committee with having an affair with a potential star witness. I also thought there was a huge TSTL potential moment for the heroine when I thought she too readily believed the bad information on the hero (after all, it was supplied by the opposing party's attorney in an unofficial capacity, how did she know that the attorney wasn't trying to falsely influence the outcome?) - but luckily it didn't blow up too much there. The lack of discussion about protection during sex also bugged me, but possibly a reflection of the times when this story was written (I'm guessing 80s since there is talk of using a cassette instead of a CD).
10 helpful votes
11 helpful votes
11 comment|Report abuse
on March 5, 2013
was drawn into the story. was the hero a bad or good guy, kept me thnking. plenty of passion and heat, some miscommunication that keeps heroine questioning herself but love wins out. this writer is consistently delivering a believable plot line. enjoy.
on August 14, 2013
Entertaining with fast-paced action centered in the Big Easy. The author uses lots of local color as well as popular attractions that help set the stage for the reader.
on September 17, 2013
Was a good read just wish the story had been longer. Did not want it to end. Wanted to know more about the main characters.
on February 8, 2013
It is a very well written novel and keeps you wondering what Is going to
happen in the next chapter. The romance parts were well included in the story.
on August 31, 2014
An easy and enjoyable read!
on February 3, 2013
Doreen Malek writes good stories, this one wasn't quite as good as most of her books but I didn't enjoy it.
11 comment|Report abuse
on March 5, 2013
Doreen Owens Malek is becoming a favorite author of my. She has a way of keeping the story moving along.
2 helpful votes