Random House LLC
Price set by seller.
Your Memberships & Subscriptions
Big Frank's Fire Truck (Pictureback(R)) Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From the Inside Flap
From the Back Cover
- File Size : 42968 KB
- Publication Date : August 27, 2014
- Word Wise : Enabled
- Print Length : 32 pages
- Language: : English
- ASIN : B00MKZ3VTU
- Lending : Not Enabled
- Publisher : Random House Books for Young Readers (August 27, 2014)
- X-Ray : Not Enabled
- Text-to-Speech : Enabled
- Enhanced Typesetting : Not Enabled
- Best Sellers Rank: #225,568 in Kindle Store (See Top 100 in Kindle Store)
- Customer Reviews:
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
1. The illustrations are fantastic - the illustrations are my favorite thing about this book. They are very engaging with lots of action, bright colors and detailed enough to be interesting even after multiple reads. I'll be googling the illustrator to see if he has done any other books we might be interested in.
2. Informative & interesting - my kids seem to enjoy knowing the real words for the different types of fire trucks and the day-in-the-life format weaves everything together.
3. I also appreciated that they show multiple ethnicities (kids and adults) in the book.
4. This one is more subjective but after reading this book every night for the past night *I* still like it, which I can't say for all the picture books we own...
1. I really had to rack my brain to think of anything. I guess it can be a bit of a long read if you're trying to rush your kids off to bed, but I think that could be said of ANY book. ;) And it's not nearly as long as any of Dr. Seuss' books (which I love but not if I want to get the kids to bed any time soon).
The book is very educational and realistic. Kids will learn about types of fire trucks, equipment, job duties, work hours, and roles. Big Frank goes for a 24 hour shift at the firehouse and responds to a car accident, teaches fire safety at a school, checks on a supermarket fire system, eats and sleeps at the firehouse, and then spends all evening and night working a large fire. Illustrations are very detailed, leaving lots of room to go beyond the story. Big Frank is even shown going home to his kids after his shift, which is interesting for kids who think firefighters just work at all times 😂.
Only negative is that it is a LONG kids book so the third time in the day you're reading through it you really wanna skip on some of the story details 😂.
It tells kids about the day to day life of firefighters. From when they arrive, clock in, they clean the trucks, names of all the trucks, including helicopters, they go to schools to assist to teaching saftey, go to stores to check alarms. Etc.
There is a car accident scene and wildfire. They go over that they eat and sleep there, it shoes men and women working together.
What fire fighters do to stop fires and how to prevent fires from spreading on houses and spreading to grass, etc.
Good book. Lots of pictures and food amount of words. There is a good amount of words but the pictures and story keeps kids interested.