Save Big On Open-Box & Used Products: Buy "Big Hero 6 (Blu-ray + DVD + Digital HD)” from Amazon Open-Box & Used and save 61% off the $39.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all offers from Amazon Open-Box & Used.
Big Hero 6 (Blu-ray + DVD + Digital HD)
|Additional Blu-ray options||Edition||Discs||
|New from||Used from|
|Watch Instantly with||Rent||Buy|
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Special offers and product promotions
With all the heart and humor audiences expect from Walt Disney Animation Studios, BIG HERO 6 is an action-packed comedy adventure that introduces Baymax, a lovable, personal companion robot, who forms a special bond with robotics prodigy Hiro Hamada. When a devastating turn of events catapults them into the midst of a dangerous plot unfolding in the streets of San Fransokyo, Hiro turns to Baymax and his diverse group of friends -- adrenaline junky Go Go Tomago, neatnik Wasabi, chemistry whiz Honey Lemon and fanboy Fred -- who transform into a band of unlikely heroes. Bring home Disney's BIG HERO 6, featuring comic-book-style action and hilarious, unforgettable characters -- it's fun for the whole family!
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Top Customer Reviews
1. This is the most pleasant surprise I've seen at the movies in 2014. From the cutesy trailer and the stupid title, it's like Disney doesn't want anybody to know what the movie really is.
2. It's about a 14-year-old genius named Hiro Hamada who lives in the city of San Fransokyo. He's out of high school, bored, and thinks college is for nerds. He spends his time in the city's battle robot underground. Hiro's older brother, Tadashi, is a robotics engineering student who has invented a new kind of robot named Baymax that specializes in health care.
3. After some bad things happen, Hiro reluctantly teams up with Baymax and Tadashi's friends to stop someone from stealing Hiro's own invention of swarming microbots. But that quest opens up bigger problems.
4. There are themes of death and loneliness in the film that aren't obvious from the way the movie is marketed. I was more emotionally invested in the movie than I expected to be.
5. The filmmakers consulted about six universities and robotics research labs for help on this movie. I'm pretty sure this is the only animated film I've ever seen that uses the term "tungsten carbide".
6. The character of Baymax was inspired by actual research in a new field called "soft robotics". And the swarming microbots in the film are also based on real research and inventions. Of course, the movie takes those ideas and then leaves reality behind.
7. The animation in this film is so incredibly detailed that some scenes look almost like real life. The 3D is also worth the extra price, if you like that sort of thing.
8. The movie unabashedly promotes science, technology, engineering, and education. It makes the point that some problems are too tough to solve through brute force; sometimes you have to think your way to a solution.
9. If you are expecting an "aww, that's cute and funny" superhero movie, then you will be disappointed. Don't get me wrong, this is a fun movie for the family, but it's also a real movie with real issues, emotions, and problems. It's the most thoughtfully fun animated film I've seen in a long time.
Three years later, Director Don Hall approached John Lasseter on making a film with Marvel Characters and found the Big Hero 6, a comic book series that even the most well known of comics didn't know who they were. In fact they were so obscure that Marvel themselves even forgot that they had the characters.
Marvel gave Disney the liberty to change the characters so that they could be seen as a Disney Animation Film. And the result is simply refreshing.
Big Hero 6 is a beautiful film, showcasing how much animation has become. The east and west coast mash up of San Fransokyo combines to make such a spectacular scenery, that the city may as well be a character to the film.
The cast is also fun to watch. One annoyance films try to do is by shoving the diversity of characters in your face. Big Hero 6 doesn't do that, instead the focus is on the characters themselves and not the diversity, making it enjoyable to watch. One of the biggest highlights is the girls of the cast. I took my 3 nieces with my friends and I, and they loved how they were smart, enjoyable and didn't need to fall for a man. The cast is truly relatable, whether you are precise like Wasabi, positive like Honey Lemon or just a guy who loves media like Fred.
Of course the star of the film is the robot of Baymax. Any scene that he is in steals the show, whether it is his introduction or his care for Hiro and Company.
The Villain by far is one of the best villains in recent Disney history, he doesn't sing, dance or monologue, he simply gets the job done.
The film showcases the action greatly by giving large scopes and music that fits exceptionally well. Emotionally, the film captures the audience by showcasing the bond of brotherhood between Hiro and his older brother Tadashi, as well as his friend Baymax who is like a Surrogate brother to our main hero.
A strong lesson in this film, is that family can be more than blood related, you have friends, who become part of that. That really showed how much I cared for the loved ones around me, especially my older brother who is in the military, creating robots and fixing medical equipment.
If there was one complaint I would give, I would've like to see a little bit more about the rest of the team. Other than that, Big Hero 6 is a heartwarming tale that captures something for the entire family.
Big Hero 6 is another showing that Disney can continue to make great films after the juggernaut that was Frozen. This film showcases that the Disney Revival (Films such as The Princess and the Frog, Tangled, Wreck-it-Ralph and Frozen) is not over yet, and I cannot wait to see what the next film has to offer.
This is a review if Live Die Repeat
At first I was not sure how I felt about purchasing a digital copy of a movie. But after I made my purchase and realized how much better a digital copy was than a DVD I am now purchasing all my movies as digital copies. I have tried all the other competitors and have found that Amazon is much more user friendly and works on more devised than all the others combined. And you can download off line copies to take on trips.
As far as the movies me and my sons love it. We have watched it numerious times and it is just as good every-time after the first. We can always find something we didn't see the first time. My youngest son watches this movie almost every rain day we have. I end up watching it with him and I love it great plot.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Look for similar items by category
- Movies & TV > Animation
- Movies & TV > Blu-ray
- Movies & TV > Blu-ray > Movies
- Movies & TV > Disney Home Video > All Disney Titles
- Movies & TV > Disney Home Video > Live Action > Comedy
- Movies & TV > Fully Loaded DVDs > DTS
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Comedy
- Movies & TV > Movies
- Movies & TV > Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment > All Disney Titles
- Movies & TV > Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment > Animated Movies