Big History Digital
DVD + Digital | Box Set
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
HISTORY® s new fascinating series BIG HISTORY, takes you on an exploration, crisscrossing billions of years of time and space to show how everything, and everyone, is connected. Digital UV copy included in both DVD and BD sets! Based on The Big History Project which was started by Bill Gates and David Christian to enable the global teaching of Big History concept. Narrated by acclaimed actor Bryan Cranston. With cutting-edge visuals and graphics to show surprising links between past and present.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
These thresholds, which are clearly articulated in Disc 3, are:
1. The Big Bang;
2. The birth of the stars;
3. The creation of the complex elements;
4. The formation of the earth;
5. The beginning of life;
6. The rise of collective learning among humans;
7. The farming revolution;
8. The modern revolution.
The hidden link among these eight thresholds is the spread of power and information over space and time.
Big History ends Disc 3 by speculating over the rise and nature of the next big threshold:
1. Will human beings be able to successfully colonize other planets?
2. Can technology overtake humans?
3. Will human beings discover intelligent life elsewhere?
4. Will intelligent life discover the existence of humans on earth and / or elsewhere?
5. Will a catastrophic event coming from outside the planet earth dramatically change its course?
6. Will a new worldwide disaster on earth take central stage?
7. Will human beings cause a catastrophic event on earth?
These possible thresholds are not mutually exclusive.
Discs 1 and 2 complement the understanding of Disc 3 by looking at specific connections crisscrossing through time and space. Examples are the role of the domesticated horse in the spread of some languages or the role of salt in the rise of civilizations.
In summary, Big History encourages viewers to rethink anew what they have been taught and / or have discovered on their own.