Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $14.42 shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ $5.25 shipping
Big John 1-W Oversized Toilet Seat with Cover and Stainless Steel Hinges - For Round Or Elongated Toilet Bowls - Weight Capacity 1,200 Pounds - White
- LARGER AND MORE LUXURIOUS SITTING: Our oversized 1-W toilet seat features a contoured, 19-inch wide sitting surface that is durable, easy to install, comfortable, and accommodating.
- STRONG AND DURABLE FOR 1,200 POUNDS: This toilet seat is injection-molded with high-impact, stain and chemically resistant ABS plastic that is secured with solid stainless steel hinges. Engineered tough for long lasting durability, it is rated for over 1,200 pounds.
- STABILIZING BUMPERS: The Big John 1-W Classic Toilet Seat employs stabilizing synthetic rubber bumpers that grip the bowl to minimize shifting stands 2-inches higher than standard toilet seats.
- EASY TO INSTALL: Despite its durability and shelf-life, this toilet seat is easy to install. All you need is a wrench or pliers and under half an hour.
- ERGONOMIC DESIGN: This product is great for everyone, but is ideal for plus-sizes consumers as well as the elderly and physically challenged, making it the perfect choice for hospitals, health care facilities, public restrooms, or in your home.
- Strong and durable - injection molded of high-impact, chemically resistant ABS plastic
- Larger more luxuriously contoured sitting surface - 19-Inch wide from side to side
- Stainless steel hinges provide unbreakable strength
- Large stabalizing rubber bumpers that grip the bowl to minimize any shifting and is 2-Inch higher than standard toilet seat
- Simple to install - only requires a wrench or pliers
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
From the Manufacturer
Top Customer Reviews
I'm pretty sure I found it.
I did have a problem installing it. I couldn't get one of the plastic nuts to screw onto one of the hinges. Thinking I might have a defective hinge, I called customer service. The man I spoke to was very helpful and, using a crescent wrench, a pair of pliers, and a good half hour of intense physical effort, I did manage to install the seat. It is a really big seat, though, I must say. My bathroom door barely clears the toilet anymore, so if you have a smallish bathroom like I do, you may want to check that before you tighten the nuts.
At first I thought the seat looked weird and I wasn't sure I liked it. I agree with the reviewer who mentioned that it's not good for shorter folks--I am about 5'7", and I think if I were a couple of inches shorter, I might not be comfortable using this as my primary seat. I disagree with the reviewer who said that the seat does not stay up on its own--both my lid and my seat stay in the upright position just fine.
And it's super comfortable. I mean, really, really comfortable. I don't normally take any reading material with me to the bathroom, but with this seat, I'd consider it! After my boyfriend had the opportunity to try it out, I asked him what he thought, and he said, "Now I know why they call it a throne!" So bottom line, if you don't mind having an obviously non-standard toilet seat and you're over 5'4" and you don't mind spending more for a superior product, get this seat!
Someone mentioned that the seat would not stay up on it's own. This depends both on the design of the toilet and the mounting of this toilet seat... but for most people this won't be an issue. Someone else mentioned that thickness of the Big John lifted their feet off the floor while seated... for average height adults this won't be a problem, it will be slightly lower than an ADA compliant toilet for the disabled.
This is simply the most comfortable & durable toilet seat on the market. I am considering buying 4 more for my home and for my parent's home.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
King Kong satisfaction! This is a big ass toilet seat, very well made, sturdy as a tank. Easy to put on. Read morePublished 2 days ago by Leska Emerald Adams
I sent the product back immediately. It is advertised overtly as a "comfortable" seat, however it has zero padding and is hard as a rock. Read morePublished 1 month ago by John J. Nunya
This seat has really helped me with being able to sit and stand with less knee pain.Published 2 months ago by Chris P. Lane
Big John 1-W Oversized Toilet Seat with Cover is easy to install. It's comfortable and helps to get up easier than standard toilet seat.Published 3 months ago by Lola Donnelley
Good product....my husband is 250 and I was tired of replacing my bathroom seat. Or adjusting.....it works....Published 3 months ago by lAURA bURLESON