The Big Questions: A Short Introduction to Philosophy 9th Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
There is a newer edition of this item:
From the Publisher
This product is included in a Cengage Unlimited subscription
With Cengage Unlimited You Can
With a Cengage Unlimited subscription you get all your Cengage access codes and online textbooks, online homework and study tools for one price per semester, no matter how many Cengage classes you take.
Access All Your Cengage Online Platforms
This includes all your courses on faculty-assigned Cengage online platforms like MindTap, WebAssign, CengageNOWv2, SAM, iLrn, OWLv2, and OpenNow.
All For Only One Price Per Semester
No matter how many Cengage access codes you need or online textbooks and study tools you use, the price of Cengage Unlimited stays the same.
What’s included in Cengage Unlimited?
- Get all your Cengage access codes for platforms like MindTap, WebAssign, CengageNowv2, SAM, OWLv2 and OpenNow
- Access to the online version of your textbook + our full library
- A lower cost hardcopy textbook rental with each access code, available within the 50 states
- New study tools including online homework, flashcards, test prep and study guides
- A career center where you can boost your job skills, explore career options and build your resume
"Reading this text is like listening to a pair of learned, witty, and altogether fascinating lecturers."
"The author's writing is superbly clear and accessible, perfectly pitched to the freshman and introductory student to capture his/her imagination and intellect."
"Teachable and topically engaging for students."
"Engaging. Very thought-worthy information is presented in this book, such as issues about feminism, metaphysics, and the self. The authors are obviously knowledgeable about a wide range of topics, philosophers, and the history of philosophy, both Eastern and Western, that makes this book a worthy read and worth keeping in one's own library of philosophy books."
About the Author
Kathleen M. Higgins is professor at the University of Texas at Austin. She received her Ph.D. from Yale University and has taught at the University of Auckland and the University of California, Riverside, in addition to the University of Texas. She is the author of several books, including Nietzsche's "Zarathustra," The Music of Our Lives, Comic Relief: Nietzsche's "Gay Science," The Music between Us: Is Music the Universal Language? and co-author of What Nietzsche Really Said, A Short History of Philosophy, and A Passion for Wisdom (with Robert C. Solomon). She has edited or co-edited numerous books, including Aesthetics in Perspective and Thirteen Questions in Ethics and Social Philosophy, Second Edition (with Lee Bowie and Meredith Michaels).
- Publisher : Cengage Learning; 9th edition (February 12, 2013)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 464 pages
- ISBN-10 : 1133610641
- ISBN-13 : 978-1133610649
- Item Weight : 1.27 pounds
- Dimensions : 6.5 x 0.75 x 9.25 inches
- Best Sellers Rank: #1,192,030 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- Customer Reviews: