Industrial Deals Beauty Oprah's Book Club STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 81 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 205 reviews
on October 10, 2013
Prior to this year, I had no idea that Russert had even written anything on a personal level, let alone concerning his father. I was assigned the book as part of an upper-level remarketing project while completing my BBA, so I was concerned with a deep reading of Russert's work. Many may find the piece dated, as it was written mainly concerning Russert's father, a World War 2 veteran. However, as one delves deeper into the lives of Russert and his family, one comes away with a deep and startling understanding of the values which we as a society have abandoned in our pursuit of money and power, and how truly warped the American Dream has become. I, for one, am glad that the work was assigned to us, and I urge anyone seeking a deeper knowledge of both the Russert family and America as it was to peruse 'Big Russ'.
on July 24, 2008
After listening to the week of tributes to Tim Russert we had to purchase the book. The book is a wonderful tribute to his Father and all the Fathers that instilled the core value in the 40's and 50's born children. After my 63 years on this earth and raising 2 girls, I finally got it. Tim's Father said it all in one sentense. You will always be loved but your never entitled. No matter what age you are, your always going to have to work on gaining the respect and admiration from people you have known for years, as well as the people you meet today and want to have their friendship in the future. this book is a great lesson for young and old. Tim Russert was an honest and truely Great person. He will be missed but his wisdom in this book will be cherrished.
on June 1, 2017
The DAD is just too wonderfull. Unreal
on June 15, 2008
Just purchased a copy of Tim's book on Big Russ and lessons on life after spending much of this past weekend viewing his tributes on MSNBC. I'm purchasing this book to have as a memoir of how to live life and achieve the ultimate here on earth, which is a legacy. Not just any legacy, but one enriched with touching others both near and far. While Tim was the gold standard of journalists, he's the elite standard as a human being. My father had a similar untimely death at a similar age, and viewing Tim's personal story, relationships, and family bonds has made this a personal must read for me. Tim Russert made all of us feel that he was one of us, which is why the political news scene and that bond of trust and credibility will be so sorely missed. Tim, thanks for your boyish enthusiasm, every-man sensibility, and good old fashioned faith and adherence to living a life with values.

Tim, thanks for laying this book down for all of us. Your legacy is secure.
on June 13, 2008
I bought this book a while ago, meaning to read it one-of-these-days. It broke my heart to pick it up today. (He died today at age 58.) The values that Tim's dad taught him are the values we lost---honesty...integrity...hard work. How alike his dad's generation was to my dad's. I cried as I read it. Journalism won't be the same without Tim Russert. Thank you, Big Russ, for raising such a fine person and thank you, Tim, for writing this book. I know you will be in Heaven having debates with the Angels! God bless you. You left this world a better place.
on May 7, 2015
"Big Russ & Me" is a heart-warming read of a son's love for his father. Life should be simple. It always made me smile how Big Russ always came back to that very notion when Tim would recount the days growing up or making harder decisions later in life during his career. I highly recommend this read. Tim, we miss your honesty and integrity you brought to American news. There was no one like you.
on September 15, 2016
A really well-written, special book that everyone should read. Whether you have the perfect relationship with your Father or have had your struggles, this hits home in many ways. Great gift for Dad for Father's Day.
on December 14, 2008
My husband and I were born and raised in Buffalo, New York and it was a very special place to be raised. There is something about this City that stays with you as "home" all of your life. Although, for the most part, we enjoyed Tim Russert's book because we admired him and it made us nostolgic, it had a wee too much of the "Cleaver" family to it. Also, he seems to pretty much discount his Mother in this idylic childhood and her influence on him, which must have been great. As his parents seperated down the road, not all could have been that wonderful. However, we still thought he was a true, hard-working, well-prepared journalist and not a celebrity interviewer as so many newscasters are.
on August 25, 2015
I sure miss Tim Russert. This book is actually about a very ordinary man and father from that era. My own father, and practically all of my neighborhood friends' fathers in the 50's and 60's were similar. It is just that now we know how extraordinary those WORKING men really were.
on May 31, 2013
Had to read this one for a book club and was not looking forward to it. To my surprise I truly enjoyed the book, loved his style of story telling and learning some history along the way. I would recommend this book for teens, for that very reason. Think it would be a great school book for 7-9 graders -- learn some history, pick up some sports knowledge and enjoy a good story.
Stacy