Top positive review
One person found this helpful
great for preschoolers on up
on January 9, 2012
These are easy to grasp experiments, with a large photo of each experiment and clear directions. The product info says it's for ages 5 and up, but we have found it great for 3 and up with an adult on hand to put them together. It's great for family fun projects, or when you want to put something interesting together quickly on a rainy day. There is a good variety of information presented in a very accessible way. It's spiral bound, so it will lay flat when opened (great help).
Some of the 50 or so experiments:
* Making giant bubbles, with a wire coat hanger bubble wand.
* Shadow puppets (and info about solar eclipses)
* Rocket balloon (discusses action/reaction)
* Magic milk, milk mixed with soap/food coloring to explain surface tension
* Vinegar volcano (the classic! and by far our child's favorite messy fun)
Very worthwhile purchase.