Industrial Deals HPC Magazine Deals Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide Limited time offer Try it first with samples Handmade Last Minute Gifts Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Star Wars movies on sale for Prime members Star Wars movies on sale for Prime members Star Wars movies on sale for Prime members  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite Assassin's Creed Origins Shop now HTL17_gno

on September 16, 2017
Book content is fine, but the first few pages are ripped out. I bought this to use in a classroom setting so I took it too work before inspecting it. I didn't use it and find the ripped out pages until it was too late to return it.
on January 9, 2012
These are easy to grasp experiments, with a large photo of each experiment and clear directions. The product info says it's for ages 5 and up, but we have found it great for 3 and up with an adult on hand to put them together. It's great for family fun projects, or when you want to put something interesting together quickly on a rainy day. There is a good variety of information presented in a very accessible way. It's spiral bound, so it will lay flat when opened (great help).

Some of the 50 or so experiments:

* Making giant bubbles, with a wire coat hanger bubble wand.
* Shadow puppets (and info about solar eclipses)
* Rocket balloon (discusses action/reaction)
* Magic milk, milk mixed with soap/food coloring to explain surface tension
* Vinegar volcano (the classic! and by far our child's favorite messy fun)

Very worthwhile purchase.
on January 5, 2013
I homeschool my 5 year old son and this is the best science book I have found for our lessons. The book provides step-by-step instructions and most experiments require the use of common household products. The experiments are not only easy to do, but the book provides clear explanations. I have bought SEVERAL other science books written for children and while some of the experiments may have been fun, my son always wanted to know why this was the result. As a teacher, I wanted him to actually learn about science not just play. This book provides simple and clear explanations which saves me from having to try to find answers online and figure out how to simplify the answers for him to comprehend. A must have for homeschooling parents or any parent who may want to teach their young children about science. Great book!
on October 3, 2016
This is a great book if your young child is looking for fun, step-by-step science investigations. We use it for first grade enrichment homework at our STEAM school.

This particular book arrived on time and was in very excellent condition.
on January 20, 2009
I purchased this book in the last month to use in our homeschool curriculum and it has exceeded my expectations! The directions, pictures, explanations are easy to follow and the book uses common household products to make the experiments listed. My husband was home yesterday d/t holiday and even got in on the experiment we did yesterday (deep sea diver) - for a density experiment - all involved had an absolute blast. My kids are 5 and 3 that are utilizing this book. It is a book that can be used over and over as my children grow and wish more in depth explanations. I have never been disappointed with any product put out by 'priddy books'. I recommend this book highly! :) I paid $10.17 for this book.
on July 18, 2013
Highly recommend this book. Very sturdy, used every day for a week doing different experiments with my young (3.5 and 4.5 years) great nephews. We did the ones that reacted quicker, easier for them to help out and we all loved it especially when they worked the first time. The boys kept wanting to do more experiments.
There are plenty of experiments for different ages.
on May 9, 2013
Got this for my 6 year old grandson who is suddenly into all things science. The pictures, directions, and simplicity make this a wonderful way to explore for young scientists. It has turned into a great family activity as well, because everyone gets involved and suggests variations of the original experiment to try. I would highly recommend this to anyone with elementary-aged children.
on July 18, 2012
We purchased this for our then 7 year old daughter. My husband and her have done several experiments out of it and love it. My husband is really into experiments (he's a big kid) and so is my daughter and they have really enjoyed spending time together to do these. One very good thing about this book is that a lot of the experiments use things most people have around the house.
on January 12, 2016
great for practicing with your kids. That help them a lot with their science at school!!
on June 13, 2015
My students enjoyed all the different experiments in this book. Great for a second grade class and easy to prepare!