Big Tree Farms Organic Blonde Coconut Sugar, Vegan, Gluten Free, Paleo, Certified Kosher, Cane Sugar Alternative, Substitute for Baking, Non GMO, Low Glycemic, Fair Trade, 5 Pound - Packaging May Vary
|Ingredients||Ingredient: Organic Granulated Coconut Flower Blossom Nectar.|
|Brand||Big Tree Farms|
|Serving Description||5 grams ( )|
About this item
- BLOND COCONUT SUGAR: A natural sweetener made only from the coconut blossom nectar of the coconut tree. Round and rich with hints of caramel, the warm molasses note in this silky unreﬁned sugar easily replaces cane sugar
- THE BENEFITS: An organic, unrefined, unprocessed alternative to cane sugar or raw sugar. Our coconut sugar is rich in essential minerals and aminos acids and can be a 1:1 substitute for refined cane sugar
- USDA ORGANIC: Non-GMO Project Verified, Gluten Free, Vegan, Kosher, Low GI, Keto, Fair Trade and Unrefined. Perfect for baking, cooking, beverages and more!
- GLYCEMIC INDEX: Our Coconut Sugar has a glycemic index rating of "Low" versus cane sugar which is rated "High" which makes it a better alternative for special diets
- SUSTAINABILITY: Coconut Trees produce 50-75% more sugar per acre than cane sugar. Coconut Blossom regenerates every 14 days and a coconut tree can produce nectar for 40 years so they are never cut down after each harvest
- ORGANIC FARMERS: We work with over 10,000 organic farmer-producers throughout Indonesia, who harvest the nectar twice a day, all year long
- VERTICALLY INTEGRATED: We own the process from Tree to Shelf which enables us to protect the integrity of our products and allows us to work with farmers to implement practices to mitigate our impact on the climate
Frequently bought together
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
Big Tree Farms introduced the world's first certified organic coconut palm sugar. The sweet nectar from the flower blossom of the green coconut palm tree, Coco Nucifera, is collected, boiled and granulated, creating CocoCrystals. This product is 'nature's perfect sweetener' - a pure and unrefined evaporated nectar that is a 1:1 replacement for cane sugar. It's naturally high in nutrients and low on the glycemic index. Big Tree Farms is a socially equitable manager of sustainable supply chains, working directly with more than 14,000 farmers and having developed key partnerships with both local nonprofits and International Development programs.. Healthy alternative to sugar. As a finishing touch on sweet treats. Creamy flavor is great in coffee or tea. Use anywhere you would use cane sugar...Sweet Swap this holiday baking season
Product detailsSize:5 Pound (Pack of 1)
- Package Dimensions : 11.6 x 6.1 x 4.9 inches; 4.35 Pounds
- Item model number : 1
- UPC : 798235640121 873204207168
- Manufacturer : Big Tree Farms
- ASIN : B00Q2SX9DY
- Domestic Shipping: Currently, item can be shipped only within the U.S. and to APO/FPO addresses. For APO/FPO shipments, please check with the manufacturer regarding warranty and support issues.
- International Shipping: This item is not eligible for international shipping. Learn More
- Best Sellers Rank: #9,407 in Grocery & Gourmet Food (See Top 100 in Grocery & Gourmet Food)
- Customer Reviews:
This product is labelled to United States standards and may differ from similar products sold elsewhere in its ingredients, labeling and allergen warnings
Ingredient: Organic Granulated Coconut Flower Blossom Nectar.
Statements regarding dietary supplements have not been evaluated by the FDA and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition.
Compare with similar items
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I think the problem with some people is that they expect this to be as sweet as regular sugar and some of its other replacements. It surprised me at first, but after about a week I grew used to it and now use it in my coffee, cereal etc. It takes getting used to. After a bit you will think that cane sugar and all the rest are way too sweet.
About the brand; I've found it to taste no different from another I have used. They both have that brown sugar taste which goes so well with so many foods. I would say to try it for a bit and I'm sure you will learn to love it as I have.
No, it doesn't taste exactly like brown sugar, because of the quick fermentation time coconut nectar has, it gets a flavor with a tiny bit of "umami" to it. If you prioritize low-glycemic or paleo sweeteners, though, this will be great for you. Taste isn't super noticeable in baked goods as long as you don't use too much of it, but if you sub 1:1 for brown sugar you will for sure notice.
Other than taste, the texture and color is similar to light brown sugar! It definitely just has a unique taste. Not bad, just a bit stronger than you'd expect
I finally had call it quits & give up with with this Products resealable Bag that it came in and transferred it over to a 1 Gallon Ziplock Bag that actually reseals to keep this Coconut Sugar fresh & protected as for this Products resealable Bag currently does not work & is terrible & ridiculous to deal with!
Disclaimer: While we work to ensure that product information is correct, on occasion manufacturers may alter their ingredient lists. Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and/or different information than that shown on our Web site. We recommend that you do not solely rely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product. For additional information about a product, please contact the manufacturer. Content on this site is for reference purposes and is not intended to substitute for advice given by a physician, pharmacist, or other licensed health-care professional. You should not use this information as self-diagnosis or for treating a health problem or disease. Contact your health-care provider immediately if you suspect that you have a medical problem. Information and statements regarding dietary supplements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition. Amazon.com assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatements about products.