Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by The Lone Bellow Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 61 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 69 reviews
on July 19, 2014
The fact that the first one I ordered arrived damaged (Amazon promptly replaced it) pretty much says it all. This chest is not wood, but wood composite -- it is very light weight, somewhat fragile, with a plastic feel to the finish. This is not a chest that is going to become an heirloom....in fact, if it lasts more than a couple of years I will be amazed. If it doesn't crack, the hinge screws will likely pull out of the composite, and will not be able to be retightened.
So what are you getting for your $40+ dollars? Well, Bigelow 64-tea samplers can be had for less than $12. That means you're paying more than $30 for a flimsy, cheaply-made box. My daughter wanted this, but if I had seen it in person before ordering I would have tried to suggest something else. From a couple of feet away it is attractive, and for people like my daughter who likes organizing and displaying things it is definitely appealing. But $25, including the tea, would have been a far more reasonable price.
on March 4, 2015
AMAZING! Beautiful and so practical! Classical style, deep cherry wood, well made. Truly it is a showpiece. I loved being able to let my guests choose their own tea at a tea I recently had for a retiring colleague.
on November 19, 2016
Love it. It's just perfect to entertain for afternoon tea or cream tea.
on June 19, 2015
I'm on a bit of a tea chest kick right now. My favourite is a very fancy one from the Bombay Company (high-end furnishings store), but of the ones you can get online filled with tea, this is my favourite. A lovely finish of beautiful reddish-brown wood, much nicer than the other tea chests I have ordered from Amazon. It seems well built and I think it will last for years. It contains a nice assortment of tea too - Bigelows is a good brand.
on March 29, 2013
This is something you may not think about wanting, but it's really very charming. A great gift for someone who enjoys Bigelow teas. I have always enjoyed them and saw this tea chest while on vacation. I don't know why a simple wooden box enhanced my tea drinking experience, but it did. There is something old world and old-fashioned about having one and opening it to offer guests tea. It also serves a very real purpose. No more digging through tea boxes to decide what you want. Fill this with your favorite teas and just open it to pick the one you want. I have found people like it and find it charming and the box itself is nice and adds to the decor, I think.
on October 25, 2011
Besides the great taste of the product, the quality and appearance of the tea chest exceeded expectations. My wife was very pleased with the gift. We get a lot of compliments from our friends and family every time we take out our tea chest. We've refilled the box with other imported and domestic brands of tea and they fit perfectly in the box. Now, I would like to find a way to replace the fabric of the cover or change the logo without damaging the box...
on January 5, 2013
My son recently discovered that he enjoys tea and has begun sampling different types. This left tea boxes all over the kitchen. I purchased this chest for him for Christmas and it is wonderful! It is of nice quality for the price and full of interesting tea choices. When he uses the tea in the chest, he can replace it with other tea bags to keep things neat (that is my wish - not his!). It is also very nice for when guests come who enjoy tea instead of coffee, we can just put the chest out on the table and let the guests choose for themselves. Worth every penny!
on July 23, 2015
I got this for my husband's birthday: he only wanted a box to keep his watches in (he has many), but so far it is serving for what it is intended for: a great tea chest. Good finish, soft interior, tea is included. Love it!
on November 21, 2010
I did a lot of on-line research before finally ordering this chest. It will be a Christmas present for my daughter-in-law, and I wanted it to be just right. I was thrilled when I opened the mailing container and saw the fine wood, the high-quality hinges and the wonderful selection of teas. Very classy!
on November 13, 2016
A fine combination of different teas in a beautiful wooden chest