Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 115 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 157 reviews
on May 12, 2017
Clipping the hook onto my 3-inch work belt was simple enough. However, the thin width of the clip doesn't provide any stability of the hook. I find that when I lift my nail gun, drill, or impact driver out of the hook, it will rotate left or right on my belt, sometimes over 45 degrees. Then, reaching back to replace the tool back onto the hook, I fumble around a bit and end up having to turn away from my work and look down at the hook to find its orientation. It's an uncomfortable break in my workflow. Perhaps if it was on a two-inch belt, where the clip extends down to the bottom, it would be more stable. As is, I've removed it and tossed it in the bottom of my toolbox.
on June 29, 2017
BIGG LUGG Review: On the surface this looks like a quality product. However, the rivet holding the hook to the belt loop broke within the first 30 minutes of use which caused my drill to drop to the ground breaking my bit. Not the worst thing ever right? So I replaced the rivet with a bolt, lock washer and nut. Now I should be good to go right? Next day using the product the nut that holds the hook came loose and my drill again hit the ground. This time it broke my $250 Dewalt drill. Buyers beware...............not only may you be out the cost of the product, but you will probably be out the cost of a drill..........god forbid you are working above someone when the product fails.

Note: I was not using a large drill. I was using a Dewalt 20V Max......which is not a large drill at all).
on December 7, 2016
I like it but, I liked the Bigg Lugg 2 (Home Depot used to sell and for less money) better. The Bigg Lugg 2 did not have the nut on top for the swivel which mars my drills but otherwise I don't mind it.

I love these for all kinds of hanging uses: tools, buckets, extension cords, etc.

I have at least 8 of the Bigg Lugg 2 but couldn't find them at HD anymore so I purchased this one here on Amazon. I never had one break but I love having lots around for all the different uses, in my garage, trucks, tool bins, holding things on shelves, etc. When I can't seem to find one I have no problem buying another.

I have only had one ball end come off and one other became loose. Some hooks are slippery while other aluminum hooks left marks.

You can also bend the hooks if you feel you need to.
on February 10, 2012
I bought this a few weeks back, mainly to help while we were sheeting a ceiling and then to nail 3"x8' pine board to the sheeting. It works great to carry any drill I've tried as well as my air nailer. It's a great little unit: saves time reaching for tools and clears up your hands. My only gripe would be the price. I live out in the Bookdocks and had simply assumed Amazon would carry the cheaper price. However, after I had ordered the hook, I found the same hook at a local hardware store for about $2 cheaper. So... Check your (family-owned) local hardware store before you buy from Amazon. You'd be surprised at the price you'd get if you talk to the person in charge; just tell them what you're looking for and how much you expect to pay online. If they can compete with the price, they will.
on March 18, 2017
love that is small and can accommodate your drill nice but hate that you'll get hooked on the ladder, wires ,every 2x4 on your way and plumbers pipes it can get a bit frustrating
on May 9, 2015
Best driver/drill holder I've used. It does sometimes get snagged on things around me, but hey, it's a hook! Folding it in solves that problem so far for me. I also appreciate how easy it is to switch sides on my tool belt so if a job I'm doing is more hammer intensive but I might need my driver for something, I'll put it on the left and move my hammer holster directly side. If I'm doing mostly driving or drilling I'll move the hammer holster over a butt cheek and move the Bigg Lugg to the right where it's handy (I'm right handed.)
on June 29, 2016
A far superior product compared to the "Monster Hook." Get rid of the bulb on the tip.
on January 1, 2016
This little hook is great for holding a drill/driver when you need your hands free. I have been using this hook on my tool belt for several weeks to hold my cordless drill while I need my hands to do other tasks. A must have when working on a ladder or any other situation where you can't continually hold your drill. I will probably buy another one to use on the other side of my tool belt in case i need to hold other tools as well.
on January 21, 2015
The thing fell apart after only 15 hours of use. I lost the nut holding it together.

But when it worked, the hook would not stay put so it was difficult to put up a drill one handed. You have to first move the hook into place and then hang the drill. Quite annoying when you're high off the ground to have to constantly look down, find the hook, move it into place and then hand your tool on it.

I much prefer the IDL TOOLS INTERNATIONAL TH3000. The hook stays put and allows for one handed operation.
on December 10, 2002
Basically a good idea with a simple design that has proven to be very handy, but I feel it could easily be improved. The swivel that allows the hook to fold flat is made only of plastic and secured to the belt clip with a single poorly squashed rivet. A cast or forged metal swivel would be ideal because it would be stronger and much less likely to snap under load in cold weather. Instead of using the lightweight bendable hook, which is prone to splay in use and could allow a cordless drill to accidentally slip through and fall, it would be better if it were made from a rigid piece of steel, similar to the type of material that most traditional steel hammer holders are made from. This would make it much sturdier and safer and would allow it to continue to fit the vast majority of 12V through 24V cordless drills and other cordless tools on the market today as well as most pneumatic framing, finish, coil nailers and staplers. As mentioned by another reviewer, the belt clip could be a little bigger and made of a little heavier steel to better handle wider leather or nylon belts.
Since it is simply an open hook design, some type of easily movable spring-loaded latch over the top of the hook would be an excellent addition to prevent tools from ever lifting and falling out accidentally, which can happen with the current design if you move around to quickly going up or down a ladder or scaffold. This can also happen with a cordless drill in a traditional holster, but is much less likely because almost all have a strap that snaps over the top of the holster to help secure the tool.
Overall, I would say the Bigg Lugg isn't necessarily a Bigg Dudd because it does work well and I do use it regularly. It is great for holding a cordless drill, or pneumatic nailer when working atop an extension ladder or platform and much safer than carrying a tool in one hand and holding onto the ladder rung with the other while climbing or descending. You just have to keep an eye on it to make sure it doesn't bend too much and loose its shape during use. Speaking for myself, if they made the design changes suggested, because of its one of a kind functionality and safety, the Bigg Lugg would easily be worth two or three times the current price.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.