Salon Beauty Summer Reading Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One Introducing Fire TV Cube Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now STL18_GNO

on January 14, 2014
No more excuses that I do not have time to work out. This reminds me of Taebo 8 minute workout that I used to do on VHS. However, this is great for overweight or obese people, even the modified move is included in the workout and to go at your own pace. But doesn't mean don't move and do it either!

When I first got it, I would do the warm up, one workout of choice, and then cool down. Then after 5 days, I moved up to two workouts plus the warmup and cool down. Now I can do the entire DVD up to 60 minutes. I also shared this with my "Release the Weight" Facebook group too.

I'm over 200 lbs (5 foot 3, female) but know this DVD will help me strengthen my muscles, tone my body, and see the weight results I am seeking. I do it at least 3 days a week and another DVD or routine as well. I like to change it up and not get bored, or body to go through its plateau. I used to be an athlete in high school, and would love to be back my ideal weight of 130. So at 39 years old, I will shoot for at least 40 lbs by May 1, a day before 40th birthday. This DVD makes things possible even in the busiest schedule (at least do the warm up and cool down of 16 minutes).

I did some of the other biggest loser DVDs and so far this is the best!

Adrienna Turner, author of The Day Begins with Christ, God is in the Equation.
34 people found this helpful
on April 1, 2014
I was hesitant to purchase this as many of the older Biggest Loser dvds did not meet my expectations,but I really loved this!I did the entire dvd and was drenched!I also love the other new BL dvd,6 week Cardio Crush-it is challenging,yet so much fun that I can't wait to do it over&over!These are my 2 current favorite dvds and I own quite a few!!
13 people found this helpful
on April 5, 2014
I love this because it is broken down into 8 minute segments by body part. I mix and match what I want to do with other activities in my home gym. They are challenging segments but not over the top. This a great option for the time restricted individual or if you are looking to mix things up a bit.
11 people found this helpful
on August 5, 2015
Nothing new under the sun with this DVD. I have several of the Biggest Loser DVD's and this is pretty much the same stuff just repackaged into 8 minute segments.

For those with knee or shoulder problems, I believe these workouts are difficult. There are a lot of lunges, squats and floor type exercises which require balancing your weight with your arm/arms.
4 people found this helpful
on January 29, 2015
This is a terrific DVD! I have always been a fan of Bob's and I think Dolvett is great as well. DVD has a good warm up, 5 quick routines, and a nice yoga cool down. Thirty seconds of intense (as intense as you want to make it) exercise and a 10 second break between exercises. I have been doing a PACE aerobic routine( highly recommended also), and a couple of the routines on this DVD for my workout. But I discovered, when I am pressed for time, these routines give you a good aerobic workout while you build and tone muscle. One more point, I especially appreciate the way BL lets you build a custom routine from the DVD, pick and choose what you want to do that day and away you go! Buy it you will love it!
2 people found this helpful
on March 24, 2017
A decent workout video, but it isn't as high intensity as I wanted. A good video for beginners, or those looking to mix things up a bit. I use this video to compliment my main workout videos, so that I don't feel like I'm doing the same workout over and over.

The instructors could do a better job timing each set, and I find the participants' various paces distracting. However the video has an option to do the workout with the music only - no instructor talking, or comments from the participants - which is a plus.
on February 25, 2014
As a biggest loser fan I like most of the work outs. this one is quick but yet you can really feel the result. Dolvet is a great trainer on tv and the work out videos with him are just as great. I would highly recommend this to some one who is busy on the go and little time for work outs. about 10 mins and you are good to go
6 people found this helpful
on April 22, 2015
It is really nice to work out with people of my shape and exercise abilities! Some of them were even sweating as early as I was! Lol I also appreciate that they have modified versions with each of the exercises. Most I could do the regular way, but some I did do it the modified way. It was especially exciting with a couple that I did the modified way when I was able to do the regular version it felt like I was getting somewhere and that even though I couldn't see a change in my body I knew it was on it's way and I was doing good for myself :) I love the Biggest Loser show and highly recommend their exercise videos! Also, even though many of the 8 minute workouts would hurt while doing them I knew it was only for 8 minutes and even I could do it for that long! For 8 minutes the light is always at the end of the tunnel :)
on September 8, 2015
Does what it says its going to do, though I'm not sure I would call the "warmup" a warmup - but more of a lighter 8 minute full body workout. The 8 minute workouts do make you sweat and are great when you want to focus on one or two areas or just a need a quick "filler" general workout.
on October 24, 2017
I love customizing my workout. I can fit it to however much time I have to put into exercising that day or change it up for a lighter workout when I need to. A good variety so I won't get bored with one routine.