Bike Tow Leash Dog Bicycle Attachment
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- “Gently guides and trains dog into HEEL POSITION”
- “Communicates Bike direction changes”
- “Provides a barrier between dog & bike”
- “Allows dog to efficiently propel the bike as a Paw Pedal Hybrid Bicycle”
Unlock 10% savings on this product when you subscribe to 5 or more products that arrive in the same month. Skip or cancel any time, and shipping is FREE. Learn more
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Dog exerciser and dog-powered bicycle in one! This wonderful new dog bicycle attachment is extremely stable and easy to use, and it can even allow your dog to propel you! The Bike Tow Leash (or BTL) dog bicycle attachment was invented by entrepreneur Mike Leon, who is well versed in both dog behavior and engineering. The bike dog leash was born of necessity, as Mike wanted to a better way to exercise the guide dogs that he raises. The Bike Tow Leash is superior to any dog bike attachment available because it allows the dog to propel the bicycle (if you wish) and avoid obstacles. It is also easy to install and extremely stable. Even if your dog stops to potty suddenly, you will not be knocked over! Your dog will learn to use the Bike Tow Leash quickly and will enjoy the freedom to run at his own pace. If your dog wants to go faster than you can pedal, you can allow him to propel your bike. Instead of holding your dog back, let him take you for a ride! Proven safe. We've used this dog bike leash for over 6 years without a scratch! The Bike Tow Leash's unique patented mast prevents the bike from tipping when the dog pulls, reduces any jolts and gently trains your dog to stay in heel position. The resilient mast will allow your dog to catch up when you turn away, notifies dogs of turns toward them and allows dogs to drop behind the bike to avoid obstacles. Great for fun, exercise and exploration. The Bike Tow Leash will allow you to exercise your dog in less time while covering the same or even more distance! Imagine going more places with your dog as exercise partner and companion: trail rides, camping, the park and store . Remember the dog trainer mantra: "A tired dog is a good dog!" The Bike Tow Leash installs and removes in about a minute without tools. Move it from bicycle to bicycle or simply clip it to the back of your seat out of the way when riding without your dog. Made in the USA and patent pending. Sizing and Use: The Bik
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Compare with similar items
Walky Dog Low Rider Bike Attachment Leash Accessory
Petego Spring Bar (Spare Bicycle Leash Only)
Bicycle Dog Leash - Trainer Leash For Dogs - Attaches to Bike In Seconds - Safety Flexi Leash - Stretchable Leash for Added Safety to Rider and Pet by Select Companion
JERK-EASE Patented Shock Absorber Bungee Dog Leash Attachment, Medium (up to 60 pounds), Black
Yangbaga Dog Shock Absorber Extension Leash Bungee Attachment, Prevent Injury on Arm and Shoulder & Save Dogs from Getting Hurt, Great for Bicycle, Running, Walking etc. ( Upgrade Version )
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||OnlineSports||Walky Dog||Dog Creek||HappyBody||Vanex Industries, LLC||Hanber|
|Size||Dog Leash||ONE SIZE||Medium||Large||Medium (up to 60 pounds)||one size fits all|
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
1. I did not feel my 36 pound dog pulling even though at first he tried but quickly got the hang of it. I don't know if you could feel a larger dog pull but this leash is amazing in letting me keep balance on my bike. We haven't run into any major distractions like another dog or squirrel so I'm unsure how his strength would affect the leash in a situation like that. You definitely need to keep an eye on your dog in case he wants to stop because I could never feel my dog pulling or wanting to stop so I kept a very close eye on him.
2. The leash is very light I'd say about 1 lb which makes it easy to pedal around with.
3. It was incredibly easy to install on my Mongoose Brutus Fat Tire Bike (in case you have this bike). It did not come with a pamphlet of instructions to install instead it has the instructions written on the actual leash. I'm more visual so I YouTube how to install this, and it was easy. I did not need any additional mounts to attach it to the LEFT side of my bike. If you want it on the right side I think you need to order a special mount of that because of the bike chain.
4. The tubing is flexible but yet feels incredibly durable. I highly doubt it will break ...again I received it today so this review is just based on 1 ride.
5. I like that I can fold it up and connect the other end to my seat when not in use. Since it is so light, I don't see myself uninstalling it when I'm not riding with my dog. It matches with my bike and looks nice when folded out of the way.
6. The leash is long enough to prevent him from going in front of my bike and it keeps him at a good distance to the side of my bike.
7. It's a great workout for my dog, and he came home very tired and calm. He wasn't as hyper or misbehaving anymore because he got the exercise he needed and the rest of the day he was really chill. I never get this from him if I were to just take him on walks so getting him jogging really makes a differences on my dogs health, behavior, and mood. It was way more fun than just walking him too.
1. The tubing/leash is a little too flexible going backwards. My dogs first reaction was to try and walk behind the wheel and get on the other side as I was just moving the bike by walking alongside it. This could be dangerous if he gets distracted and decides to move behind the rear wheel. I wish the tubing became stiffer at a certain angle if he started trying to move behind the rear wheel because the tubing rubs the wheel when its pulled back far enough. Training the dog will be essential to avoid him trying to move behind the wheel.
2. MY BIGGEST CONCERN: A major flaw I haven't seen anyone mention in the reviews is the metal clip used to attach to your dogs collar or harness. Its not a metal bolt snap or a carabiner style metal clip, which I think would have been the safest and most commonly seen metal hook fastener. Instead the leash comes with a lobster clasp swivel trigger clip snap. I included a picture of the end that attaches to your dogs leash/harness. You pull down on the trigger and the lobster style clasp opens but you also don't have to pull down on the trigger. If you stick your finger inside the clasp and pull to one side the clasp will open which greatly worried me because I started wondering if my dog pulls to the side hard enough will this clasp open and detach from his harness? It's not like a metal bolt snap or carabiner where I'd feel more confident about my dog not being able to get loose. Most standard leashes come with a metal bolt snap. I'd google metal bolt snap so you can see what I'm talking about. I've never seen a leash come with the lobster style clasp. No one has complained about this so I'm guessing there hasn't been any problems, but just to be safe with my furry best friend, I attached a normal leash to his harness too in the event he gets loose I still have a backup leash to hold him back. I'd really love to hear other peoples experiences with this type of lobster style fastener since I've only had the chance to take him out today for the first time.
3. The price for this product is extremely high. The only reason I was willing to pay so much was because it seemed the most durable and safest option compared to other products out there. I'm a strong believer of paying extra for a good durable product vs paying cheaper for something that will possible break a few months in, and I didn't want to run the risk of my dog or me getting hurt. That being said, I still think this product is overly priced because it still comes with some drawbacks on the overall build. If there were no faults to how the leash were built I wouldn't have a problem with the price but the fact that it can bend as far back to my rear wheel seems dangerous to me and I'm also unhappy with the metal clip they chose to use to attach to the dogs collar or harness.
I give this collar 3 stars (it's ok) because I feel there are still some safety issues based on how it is made and the outrageous price when it still has room for improvement. I'd gladly pay the price and recommend this product, if the tubing was a little stiffer when bent backwards, and if the metal hook that attached to your dog were changed to something more secure.