Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Little FIres Everywhere Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Alexa on Mobile PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 173 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 181 reviews
on May 31, 2014
I wanted to really, really love this handle. It is so simple in concept and did fit onto my daughter's 16" bicycle. It does so help my lower back from having to be hunched over trying to help her learn to ride a bicycle. So, with all that said, my one thing that subtracts a star is the fact that it needs constant tightening and retightening at the point where it attaches to the kid-bike.

At the section where it connects to the kid-bike are two pieces of flat metal with a large bolt that keeps the two together with a wing-nut. You loosen the wing-nut fully then reconnect it all when on the bicycle. No matter how hard I turned that wing-nut, after a couple minutes I'd have to do it again and again. Soon I had my ChannelLock out and really twisted down on it. Still after a few minutes of her riding, I'd have to once again have to tighten.

Nevertheless, the contraption did work and she was much more confident and my lower back was so happy. We'll have a few more sessions ahead of us, but this is a very nice must-own device.
on July 25, 2015
My 2.5 year old really wanted a big girl bike but she wasn't really able to ride and steer one herself and of course she didn't like having me holding on to the handle bars and steering her around so I needed something that would let me steer her but let her feel in control and this trainer handle was perfect! It was very easy to install and seems to be very sturdy. I am about 5'4" and the length of the handle is fairly comfortable but I do have to bend over a little. My only dislike about this product is the length. I would prefer it to be longer so that I wouldn't have to bend at all and it is way too short for my husband to push her around .He is 6' and it hurts his back having to bend over but if you are on the shorter side like I am, it really isn't much of an issue. I love that I can be behind her and help push and steer her but let her feel as though she is in total control. At the moment, her bike also has training wheels on which I know kind of defeats the purpose of the training handle but, for us, it is just what we needed. I love the fact that as she gets older and more confident, I can remove the training wheels and use this handle only to help her learn to balance and ride on her own.
on June 7, 2017
The main screw is 3/8 inches, the hole for my bike was 1/4 inches. Two different drills and 1 minute later the bike hole is 3/8''.
Second issue. The upper plate is kept in place with a nut that does not allow the upper plate to be flush with the bike. Unscrewed the nut and now the semi-rusted screw with two plates are flush with the bike. I used the nut to actually put everything in place with a wrench. Now the butterfly nut is there just for fun (I still think that was the original intention of the genius designer who made this great product).

After that I tried to fit the yellow stick and it was too close to bike saddle. Rotating the stick pi radians and the stick end is vertical instead of horizontal. This way handling the bike would become more problematic. Pi radians later I got a piece of wood and a hammer and I kind of straighten up the stick. Now is like half an inch from the saddle, the paint is a little bit chipped and probably over the weekend the stick is going to get more hammering if my boy does not like it. And I'll go to Home Depot and buy a piece of a pipe and make my own stick.
on May 14, 2017
Using this to help my son learn to ride a bike. This is not a flimsy handle, this is sturdy, well made, and a quality product. It has foam on the part that attaches to the bike to keep your bike getting scratched. The grip on the handle is a no-slip type, the handle itself is a good heavy gauge so it will not bend. This makes it easy to help teach balance while also giving the rider confidence that they can do learn to ride a bike.
This handle helps keep me from killing my back since I don't have to try to run alongside the rider hunched over. I can run upright! This handle seems to work better for my son than training wheels.
on January 18, 2015
I bought this not so I could train my daughter as she is only 2. Instead I bought it because she tends to get tired of pedaling or has trouble going up inclines so I use it to push her.They have those trikes you can buy that have the push handles on it but they are expensive and she just had to have her doc mcstuffin bike. I attached it to the back of her lil 12 inch bike. It works great. The screw wouldnt fit in the hole behind the seat so I had to just install it between the two bars back there. No biggie Im just happy I dont have to lean over and push her on her seat. Im not to fond of the color so it would be better if they came in other colors however im a handy person and realize if its that big of a deal you can always just spray paint the thing.
on July 8, 2017
Our child was between training wheels and riding solo. Our backs were killing from bending down holding the seat. My husband is 6'4", I'm 5'3" and our kid is 8. This fit very easily and securely on the back of the bike. It makes it easy to help balance the child, guide a bit, grab hard to prevent falling one way to another. As the child gets better, it's easy to jog along side and just tap the handle to keep things upright when the child wobbles. The handle isn't in the way or heavy to cause issue for the kid when riding alone. We spent a year off an on trying to get to two wheels solo and everyone was frustrated and dreaded practice. With this handle we all looked forward to practice and our child was riding solo in just a couple weeks' worth of practices!
on December 30, 2015
I love using this. So much easier with a child like any other that does not want help. If you push their back they know you are helping, but they can't get up a hill easily at age 3 without help. So this gives me the ability to help without her knowing, although she hates that it's there, but I refuse to take it off. And it's safer because I can stop her on a dime if I need to, or catch her on a fall.
on May 11, 2017
Bike Handle from heaven :) . Helped my kid learn the bike without training wheels in couple of days.
on March 21, 2017
I am an Occupational Therapist who teaches kids to ride bikes. Without this, I'd be suffering from a heart attack trying to keep up with kids!
I've purchased half a dozen of these inexpensive but quality made devices.

The only 2 negative things I can even think to mention are:
1. depending on the bike's configuration, your child's buttock may rest up against it. This also makes it a little harder for a novice rider to swing their foot over the bike (when getting on off).
2. the whole apparatus is affixed by one wing nut. If you have weak grip strength, it will undoubtedly come loose (but not fall off) during use.
on April 8, 2016
The trainer handle is short and is loose when I screw it to the bike. This is not worth the price. The handle feels solid and sturdy but you have to tighten the screws often like every single day before you use it. I did not like this handle but I have to train my kid this summer.. So keeping it.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.