Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 140 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 155 reviews
on January 9, 2016
 Bought these to add to a Townie 3 gear bike for our 12 year old who has some challenges with balance. Up to this point he used a Worksman 20" wheel fold 'n go trike which worked well but he's nearly 6' and will soon outgrow the trike. We've had the stabilizers for 2 weeks now and they are working well. During my research I noted that there were quite a few concerns from reviewers regarding the fit and use of the stabilizers. I hope my input before along with the photos and video will help others who are considering this as an option. 1) ease of installation: I had my bike shop install. It took them 30 mins. It takes a couple of tries to get the alignment and clearance to the ground correct. 2) clearance of stablizers from the ground: As others have pointed out, the stabilizers should be slightly higher off the ground than the main wheel. That said, at this point we probably only have 0.5 difference in height to give our 12 year old some confidence (didn't want the bike to move much). This has worked ok to date on asphalt roads though it would probably be a problem if we rode on rough ground. 3) Ease of turning: As previously stated our 12 year old was use to riding a trike and is used to the fact that you have to lean slightly outwards when turning a trike and a bike with stabilizers so this is not problem for him. I understand why it could be a bit of a challenge for someone who was previously used to riding a bike with no stabilizers (since the bike doesn't lean inward like they are used to). That said, I ride a 2 wheel bike and it does not take long to get used to the bike with stabilizers in my opinion. The turning radius is fine in my opinion - again, he was used to a trike and it's not that different with the stabilizers, 4) Build quality: it's early days yet. Quality seems oK. They are quite heavy (I think about 18lbs) and that adds to the weight of the bike when lifting onto a bike rack but if you get a light bike (like a townie) it's not that big a problem, 5) clearance between pedals and the stabilizer bars: This is not a problem with the Townie since it's pedals are specifically designed to be set further forward of the seat. That said, for other bikes this might be a problem as other reviewers have noted. 6) Help from Bike USA: I called them before purchasing. They were not available at the time of the call but did call back within a day and were very helpful addressing my concerns on how it would fit with a Townie bike. I've not had a reason to call them after the purchase, 7) Installed on a bike rack: This was a big issue for us. In the past we had installed the fold n'go trike in the back of our SUV. Clearly this would not work with the Townie so I had to check that we could put on a bike rack with the stabilizers in place. We achieved this by purchasing a 5 rack Thule system (see photos). We can get 4 bikes on this rack (including the townie with the stabilizers) - to do this, we found the easiest way was to take the front wheel off one of the other bikes and place that bike's forks over the stabilizer wheels (see photo). This is not an issue if you have a bike with easily removed front wheels (I believe that's the case with most modern bikes). Hope this helps.
review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image
33 comments| 78 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 28, 2014
The Stabilizer wheels were easy to install and made of solid steel and work very will on the bike. When you run the bike with the stabilizers you have to practice riding the bike, because when turning the bike its like you should have a steering wheel instead of handle bars.
on April 14, 2017
This stabilizer wheel kit is even better than expected. They are well made & are easy to mount on a bike. Really glad I purchased these.
on February 4, 2016
Great for special needs kids. Be prepared to adjust as far back as possible because older kids 10 and up foots hit the stabilizers. We will have to get a welding shop customize ours because we have a older special needs child that heal hits stabilizer when pedal stokes come around forcing him to place his foot forward on pedal.
on August 26, 2015
I had no problems installing these on my 26" Ladies bicycle. That being said, you should know that I'm a 50 year woman with a severe balance issues too. These stabilizer wheels will allow me to ride again! Thank you for making these, they will help a lot a elderly and/or disabled people to be able to ride their bikes again!
on July 11, 2012
These wheels are fantastic--very sturdy and well made! If you have a concern about falling for medical reasons in the past or to prevent medical reasons in the future these exrtra wheels are perfect! They are tested up to 500 lbs. as well.
Steve S.
San Antonio, Texas
on February 20, 2016
Not easy to install or adjust. Exchanged and went with an actual adult 6 speed tricycle.
on July 29, 2013
I am a 61 year old woman and have not ridden a bicycle for over 35 years, although I used to ride all the time when younger. I bought my husband and myself bikes for exercise and fun, swore I would ride a bike again. My balance and vision are a little off due to some disability so I needed help to get confidence riding again. I tried my hardest to get up on my bike, but I get so shaky, afraid of losing my balance and falling so I didn't start pedaling.
After much consideration and looking at the limited availability of adult bicycle training wheels, I bought these wheels because they are so sturdy. My husband and I are on a limited budget so it was a big expense.
All I can say about these wheels....
Yippee!!!!!!!!!!!
I rode my bike for about 1 1/2 miles at the park. Now my husband and I will ride as much as we can.
The wheels were fairly easy to install, only a few adjustments to get the height/tilt of the wheels just right. They do not add much additional weight to the bike. We have a Kia mini-van and both of our bikes fit inside with one bench removed. However, I will by a bike carrier sometime so we can put our show dog's crate in the back again, so she can go trotting with us.
If you considering these wheels I would heartily approve of them.
on October 23, 2015
This is a great product for a child that cannot balance well and unable to ride a bike. He took off first thing and hasn't stopped riding since. Would suggest two people be around to make assembly easier. Not cheap. The bike cost way less. But without the kit he wouldn't be riding at all. Well worth the money to see him ride with his friends.
on July 22, 2013
Our local bike shop installed the stabilizer system and it is working excellent for my husband, who has balance issues due to Parkinson's disease. They were able to adjust the wheels so ease in traction was possible without compromising the stability needed. My husband is very pleased to be able to ride a bike again.