Oil month Automotive Best Books of the Month Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Offline listening. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day gifts Home Gift Guide Mother's Day gifts across Amazon Home Gift Guide Save $20 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment Hostiles available to rent Hostiles available to rent Hostiles available to rent  Kids Edition Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now Start your Baby Registry

on February 25, 2016
My sister and I worked out for years together, before kids, about a decade ago. She bought this book in about 2004 and we had better results than any routine we EVER tried (and believe me there were years of mediocre results)! We did this at the gym and it's a little funny, compared to normal workouts. We had people asking us what we were doing different, laughing at first, but later wondering what was working so well for us. I never forgot the name of it, and decided I needed to get back in shape this summer. I needed to go to the book that got us results. I haven't received my new copy yet. I recall it's a fun one, not easy, but fun...I think my son will even want to join me.
on December 23, 2013
This is definitely a time commitment, but anyone can stick with anything for two weeks, if they put their mind to it. The food wasn't as time consuming as I thought it would be from reading other reviews. I made two batches of soup in the two weeks on this plan. The other stuff was basically throwing salads together with some protein like fish, beans, or chicken, and other easy recipes. I loved the chicken fajitas, and they were so much better without the tortillas - why didn't I think to do that before? Anyway, like other reviewers will tell you, it's a lot of work every day with the yoga, meditation and exercises, but how else do you think you're going to change your body? What I was doing on my own wasn't working and this was just the kick-start I needed. The scale said four pounds lost after two weeks, but the mirror says a lot more body shaping gained. I am on day 15 (on my own now), and plan to stick with a lot of what I learned, but with modifications to fit with my schedule, and fit in having my glass of wine. I could sit on the beach today with my bikini and not feel embarrassed. I am fitting into jeans I had in the back of my closet, and plan not to stick them back there again!
on July 12, 2007
The authors have done a good job of integrating mind/body into a holistic approach to health. Recipes are excellent, food is delicious and workouts are hard! Not for the faint of heart. This regimine will require 100% effort to succeed, particularly if you work full time and have a family. Each morning you are required to write in a journal, meditate and do 15 minutes of yoga. In addition each day requires a 30 - 60 minute walk, a 40 minute strength routine, and on alternate days an additional "core" workout for the abs. Plan on spending about 2 hours a day on just these parts. In addition, there is a lot of prep. time in the kitchen. All food is very close to it's natural state and is loaded with veggies, fresh marinades, and sald dressings. Each of these is made from scratch and requires a lot of time. Still, it is an excellent program and I don't see how they could have done it any easier. I suggest buying the fresh ginger and garlic, chopped in jars (as they suggest) and vegetables already chopped etc. to make it easier. Expect your kitchen to be full of dishes constantly if you follow their eating plan closely.
0Comment| 48 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on August 17, 2016
I absolutely love this book! My mom has a copy, I have one, and I bought one for my friend. I have had this book for 3 years now, at least and still go back to it on a regular basis because the recipes are amazing. Buy it for the recipes if for nothing else. If your looking to clean up the way you eat, this is an awesome book. There is a regime to follow but I have yet to do so. I do like how the book gives you a grocery list so you can stock up on all the ingredients you will need to make the recipes but I prefer to just pick an choose what I will make. This book has the best, and easiest black bean soup recipe ever!
on April 22, 2012
I love this book. I have been following the routine for 5 days and can already see a difference. Don't be fooled into thinking that this is an easy out to getting fit though. It is a LOT of work.
My schedule is so busy that I am skipping the meal plans, but I already eat a pretty healthy vegetable based diet that I am sticking to.
I am pretty excited to report that I am seeing changes in my body that I thought were only possible with a personal trainer or possibly surgery. That makes the time and effort pretty worth it!!
on May 14, 2017
I got this as a gift for my girlfriend, because hers is in tatters.
NOTE: Wrong move. (Asked if I thought she was fat. I thought I was being thoughtful. LOL.)
on November 27, 2016
I love this book. Some of my favorite recipes are in this book. (Yes I'm talking to you, carrot ginger soup!) I keep returning to the book for inspiration when I'm not feeling my best. Great info on strength training, walking, yoga.
on March 1, 2015
Very disappointed with this book. For the price, it should have included better graphics on how to do the exercise.
on June 21, 2015
Interesting book, but regimen is too hard for me. However it has good ideas in it. Younger people who are slightly overweight would probably benefit more. It is also promotional of their vacation plan.
on August 30, 2014
I didn't like the Yoga exercises. I prefer simpler ones. The weight exercises and recipes were good. The program would be difficult for me because it's too time consuming. I would just have to do part of it every day.