Similar authors to follow
Manage your follows
About Bill Jelen
Bill Jelen is the host of MrExcel.com and the author of 60 books about Microsoft Excel including Excel Gurus Gone Wild, Pivot Table Data Crunching, and Excel 2019 Inside Out. He has made over 80 guest appearances on TV’s Call for Help with Leo Laporte and was voted guest of the year on the Computer America radio show. He writes the Excel column for Strategic Finance magazine.
He has produced over 2200 episodes of his daily video podcast Learn Excel from MrExcel. Before founding MrExcel.com in 1998, Jelen spent twelve years “in the trenches”, as a financial analyst for the accounting, finance, marketing, and operations departments of a publicly held company. Since then, his company automates Excel reports for hundreds of clients around the world. The website answers over 30,000 questions a year – for free – for readers all over the world.
In his free time, Jelen is a rocket launch photographer for We Report Space.
Customers Also Bought Items By
Titles By Bill Jelen
Renowned Excel experts Bill Jelen (MrExcel) and Tracy Syrstad explain how to build more powerful, reliable, and efficient Excel spreadsheets.
Use this guide to automate virtually any routine Excel task: save yourself hours, days, maybe even weeks. Make Excel do things you thought were impossible, discover macro techniques you won't find anywhere else, and create automated reports that are amazingly powerful. Bill Jelen and Tracy Syrstad help you instantly visualize information to make it actionable; capture data from anywhere, and use it anywhere; and automate the best new features in Excel and Excel in Office 365. You'll find simple, step-by-step instructions, real-world case studies, and 50 workbooks packed with examples and complete, easy-to-adapt solutions.
By reading this book, you will:
- Quickly master Excel macro development
- Work more efficiently with ranges, cells, and formulas
- Generate automated reports and quickly adapt them for new requirements
- Learn to automate pivot tables to summarize, analyze, explore, and present data
- Use custom dialog boxes to collect data from others using Excel
- Improve the reliability and resiliency of your macros
- Integrate data from the internet, Access databases, and other sources
- Automatically generate charts, visualizations, sparklines, and Word documents
- Create powerful solutions with classes, collections, and custom functions
- Solve sophisticated business analysis problems more rapidly
About This Book
- For everyone who wants to get more done with Microsoft Excel in less time
- For business and financial professionals, entrepreneurs, students, and others who need to efficiently manage and analyze data
Renowned Excel experts Bill Jelen (MrExcel) and Michael Alexander help you crunch data from any source with Excel 2019 pivot tables.
Use Excel 2019 pivot tables and pivot charts to produce powerful, dynamic reports in minutes instead of hours, to take control of your data and your business. Even if you’ve never created a pivot table before, this book will help you leverage all their remarkable flexibility and analytical power–including valuable improvements in Excel 2019 and Excel in Office 365. Drawing on more than 45 combined years of Excel experience, Bill Jelen and Michael Alexander offer practical “recipes” for solving real business problems, help you avoid common mistakes, and present tips and tricks you’ll find nowhere else.
By reading this book, you will:
• Master easy, powerful ways to create, customize, change, and control pivot tables
• Control all future pivot tables using new pivot table defaults
• Transform huge data sets into clear summary reports
• Instantly highlight your most profitable customers, products, or regions
• Use Power Query to quickly import, clean, shape, and analyze disparate data sources
• Build geographical pivot tables with 3D Map
• Construct and share state-of-the-art dynamic dashboards
• Revamp analyses on the fly by dragging and dropping fields
• Build dynamic self-service reporting systems
• Share your pivot tables with colleagues
• Create data mashups using the full Power Pivot capabilities of Excel 2019 and Excel in Office 365
• Automate pivot tables with macros and VBA
• Save time by adapting reports with GetPivotData
• Discover today’s most useful pivot table tips and shortcuts
Use Microsoft 365 Excel and Excel 2021 pivot tables and pivot charts to produce powerful, dynamic reports in minutes: take control of your data and your business! Even if you’ve never created a pivot table before, this book will help you leverage all their flexibility and analytical power— including important recent improvements in Microsoft 365 Excel. Drawing on more than 30 years of cutting-edge Excel experience, MVP Bill Jelen (“MrExcel”) shares practical “recipes” for solving real business problems, expert insights for avoiding mistakes, and advanced tips and tricks you’ll find nowhere else.
By reading this book, you will:
- Master easy, powerful ways to create, customize, change, and control pivot tables
- Transform huge datasets into clear summary reports
- Instantly highlight your most profitable customers, products, or regions
- Use the data model and Power Query to quickly analyze disparate data sources
- Create powerful crosstab reports with new dynamic arrays and Power Query
- Build geographical pivot tables with 3D Maps
- Construct and share state-of-the-art dynamic dashboards
- Revamp analyses on the fly by dragging and dropping fi elds
- Build dynamic self-service reporting systems
- Share your pivot tables with colleagues
- Create data mashups using the full Power Pivot capabilities in modern Excel versions
- Generate pivot tables using either VBA on the Desktop or Typescript in Excel Online
- Save time and avoid formatting problems by adapting reports with GetPivotData
- Unpivot source data so it’s easier to work with
- Use new Analyze Data artificial intelligence to create pivot tables
This guide can help any development team plan, track, and manage work far more effectively, by combining today's leading agile framework (Scrum) and Microsoft's ALM/DevOps toolset (Azure DevOps). Renowned Scrum expert Richard Hundhausen thoroughly covers team formation, backlogs, Sprints, test plans, collaboration, flow, continuous improvement, Azure Boards, Azure Test Plans, and the real-world tradeoffs associated with DevOps. Throughout, you'll find practical, in-the-trenches tips from experienced Professional Scrum Developers. To make this guide even more valuable, Hundhausen has organized it to complement Scrum.org's popular Professional Scrum Developer (PSD) program, which he created with Scrum.org's Ken Schwaber, author of this book's Foreword.
Professional Scrum Trainer Richard Hundhausen shows how to:
- Deepen your understanding of the Scrum framework and Professional Scrum as based on the 2020 Scrum Guide.
- Provide proven work item planning and tracking, and quickly drive value from Azure Boards
- Improve your Scrum “pre-game”: the tasks you'll perform before your first Sprint
- Use Azure DevOps to create and manage backlogs, plan Sprints, and collaborate throughout them
- Improve at scale with Scaled Professional Scrum and the Nexus scaled Scrum framework
- Recognize which practices are still most efficiently performed without tools
- Define and optimize team flow, overcome common dysfunctions, and evolve into a high-performance Professional Scrum Team
About This Book
- For everyone who works with or relies on Scrum, including developers, designers, architects, testers, business analysts, Product Owners, Scrum Masters, managers, and other stakeholders
- Focuses primarily on using Scrum for software products, but can support development of adaptive solutions for any complex problem performance Professional Scrum Team
Conquer Microsoft Excel 2019–from the inside out!
Dive into Microsoft Excel 2019–and really put your spreadsheet expertise to work. This supremely organized reference packs hundreds of timesaving solutions, tips, and workarounds–all you need to make the most of Excel’s most powerful tools for analyzing data and making better decisions. Renowned Excel expert Bill Jelen offers a complete tour of Excel 2019 and Excel in Office 365, from efficient interface customizations to advanced analysis, visualizations, and dashboards. Discover how experts tackle today’s key tasks–and challenge yourself to new levels of mastery.
- Enter formulas more efficiently, and fully control operators and dates
- Master the most widely-used functions in Excel
- Integrate external data from the web and other sources
- Easily transform complex datasets with Power Query
- Quickly summarize millions of records with Pivot Tables
- Perform ad hoc analyses with slicers and other filters
- Create advanced data mashups with Power Pivot
- Solve complex problems with What-If, Scenario Manager, Goal Seek, and Solver
- Automate repetitive tasks by editing recorded VBA code
- Demystify data with conditional formatting and other visualization techniques
- Use the newest maps, charts, and data types in Excel
- Show geographical changes over time with animated 3D maps
- Use dynamic array functions: SORT, FILTER, UNIQUE, SORTBY and SEQUENCE
- Find insights using Excel’s new artificial intelligence
- Collaborate via Excel 2019’s breakthrough CoAuthoring tools
- Publish Power BI Desktop dashboards based on Excel data
Use Excel 2013’s radically revamped charting and graphing tools to communicate more clearly, powerfully, and quickly… so you drive your message home, and get the decisions and actions you’re looking for!
This book reveals data visualization techniques you won’t find anywhere else and shows you how to use Excel 2013 to create designer-quality charts and graphs that stand out from the crowd. It will help you make the most of new features ranging from Power View to Recommended Charts, and instantly share your insights with anyone, anywhere–even on the Web and social networks.
Learning advanced Excel techniques has never been easier. You’ll find simple, step-by-step instructions, real-world
examples and case studies, and more than a dozen YouTube videos, straight from MrExcel!
• Create stunning data visualizations instantly with Excel 2013’s new Recommended Charts
• Use charts to instantly reveal trends, differences, and relationships
• Map your data with Excel 2013, MapPoint, and the new GeoFlow add-in
• Quickly generate combo charts that once required complex, frustrating procedures
• Use sparklines to imbue worksheets with more context and insight
• Highlight and clarify the meaning of data with DataBars, color scales, icon sets, and other conditional formatting tools
• Post charts to Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn, directly from Excel
• Build stock charts that help you make smarter investments
• Solve “non-standard” problems such as noncontiguous data or custom data sequences
• Generate new charts automatically with Excel VBA
• Uncover visual tricks that people use to lie with Excel
About MrExcel Library: Every book in the MrExcel Library pinpoints a specific set of crucial Excel tasks
and presents focused skills and examples for performing them rapidly and effectively. Selected by Bill Jelen, Microsoft Excel MVP and mastermind behind the leading Excel solutions website MrExcel.com, these
• Dramatically increase your productivity–saving you 50 hours a year or more
• Present proven, creative strategies for solving real-world problems
• Show you how to get great results, no matter how much data you have
• Help you avoid critical mistakes that even experienced users make