Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Bill & Ted's Most Excellent Collection
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Shop now Amazon Cash Back Offer conj2 conj2 conj2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now

on June 29, 2005
The other reviewer is relying on childhood memories of the two films. Excellent Adventure is a great film, and when the second film came out, it did not have the time machine and the historical dudes from the first movie, so it felt too different than the first. Not many people cared for it, but I have been showing these films to my nieces and nephews for years now and the complete consensus is that the second film is a better film than the first. The writing is just as good and the film moves along quite well.

The two films feel quite different, but this is a good thing. They did a time travel movie already, so they went on to something else. It works!

Bogus Journey is a very funny film that needs to have a second look by fans of the first. Just keep in mind that it is not about time travel and historical dead dudes.

I have both the original DVDs, but I am reordering this collection for the extras.

Extras on these discs include:

The Original Bill & Ted: In Conversation With Screenwriters: Chris Matheson & Ed Solomon

The Most Triumphant Making-Of Documentary

Score! An Interview With Guitarist Steve Vai

Hysterical Personages: Biographies of Nine Historical Dudes and One Babe Dressed as a Dude

One Sweet and Sour Chinese Adventure To-Go - Episode of the Cartoon

The Linguistic Stylings of Bill & Ted

And Radio Spots
on January 25, 2007
I saw Bill and Ted as a teen-ager. Now my 14 year-old son and pre-teen kids love it. Their friends have come over and seen these movies and really enjoyed them, too. They are clean movies and are different enough from everything else, it keeps kids entertained.
on June 10, 2014
These guys are the Sunday-school versions of Spacoli and Lebowski, but I'm not into weed anymore, so they rock. The only thing they do is get two beers at a western bar without getting carded while chowin' down on some doughnuts and honey buns. Still it would be cool to see how it would've turned out if The big Lebowski teamed up with them on their bogus journey. Could you even imagine Walter? Whoa... They've both got good philosophies, man. Just take it easy and be excellent to each other. They could even go bowling with Deacon and Napoleon.

No really, but this set is good for the fanatical dude. Good special features with Steve Vai and the creators. The movies are totally digital and in widescreen. Not bad! This is a favorite of mine. In high school I too was into metal and babes. I've watched it too many times, though when I had 'em on vhs, but I had to have this. I watched Bogus Journey several months ago. Excellent! If you're a fan, purchase this and kiss your fears and party on!
on December 4, 2013
These movies are great to own on DVD. It sure takes me back to my childhood when I watched them a ton. I recommend these movies to anybody and young kids growing up. I really can't wait for the third one to be made. It should be really awesome! [...]
on June 26, 2014
While I have loved these most excellent movies since first seeing them in the theaters, I never quite found a triumphant copy of them that was worth owning. In fact, I found it quite bogus that these DVDs lacked special features in their individual packaging. Thankfully, in a super example of good decision making, some royal production company dude decided to package the movies together with a special features DVD that made for a most outstanding purchase! No longer will I settle for heinous DVDs with no special features!

Party on dudes!
on July 31, 2006
i had heard of the bill and ted movies from somebody and they sounded like my kind of movie. so one day i was just sitting there and on tv bill and teds bogus journey was coming on so i was like man im gonna watch that. so i did and i reallly enjoyed it. it was mucho funny. so then i thought to myself, "wow it would be cool to actually own this movie so i can watch it whenever i like." so i got on good ole amazon here and looked it up. one of the results was this box set. the most excellent collection. i love box sets and i loved bill and ted so it was perfect. i have watched these movies several times since i bought it. so in conclusion, if you like bill and ted you should definatley buy this dvd box set. if youve never seen bill and ted you should still definately buy this dvd box set. go! get it.
on March 7, 2013
These two filma are my favorite "guilty pleasure". They are the type of movies where you can just enjoy them for what they are aND NOT HAVE TO FIND SOME HIDDEN MEANING OR A "MORAL". Bil and Ted have to be two of the most unlikly heroes around, but they are so good-natured that you can't help but love them! I especially like where Missy becomes the step-mother of both Billn and Ted.
on June 24, 2013
i remember this when bill and ted excellent adventure and bill and ted bogus journey came out it made me laugh i remember keanu reeves in the other movies as well too like in the matrix that was a good movie
on January 20, 2009
In this phone booth looking collector's case are the two Bill & Ted movies and a bonus disc containing a conversation with the writers, an episode of the cartoon, instructions on how to play the air guitar with two world champions, interviews with writers-directors-stars, and some other "non-bogus" stuff, including hints at what might be a third Bill & Ted movie.
on December 25, 2012
I have not seen these films in a while. They are still great. What is even better is the films are in a box set. The films are conveniently packaged well so someone can have them together. I am glad I bought it.