Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Billy Blanks - Tae Bo - Amped Full Throttle
Your Garage Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick New Professional Skin Care Halloween Amazon Cash Back Offer power_s3 power_s3 power_s3  All-New Echo Dot Introducing new colors All-New Kindle for Kids Edition AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now STEM

on March 5, 2009
I have used Taebo Amped series for the past 6 months and Full Throttle is by far the most intense. On the days when I'm sore, Full Throttle gives you a great workout without using the bar. If you are up for the challenge, use Full Throttle in the morning and in the evening try Taebo Rock -n- Abs - you will definitely see results! This is an intense video not for beginners in my opinion.
on December 29, 2008
I did this in the morning without the "stick" and still felt the result in the evening same day! I like it when the warm up and cool down time are minimized with the majority of the time being the actual workout.

Billy used a combination of cardio and strength moves during the 55 minutes workout. It is really great to start the day with an energtic workout!

In addition, Billy has been so considerate to divide the class into those working out with the "stick" and those without using the "stick" so we could choose to follow whichever suits our level and conditions.

Another wonderful workout!
on October 16, 2008
I have been doing Tae Bo and trying to lose weight for about 8 months. I tried The Power Within, then I moved up to The Strength within (All titles by Billy Blanks). Eventually, my body stopped losing weight, and I had to then begin even more vigorous and challenging workouts. That's when I purchased the whole Amped series. I started from Jump Start Cardio to Fat Burn Accelerator, and then Full Throttle (Full Throttle being the most intense). One I began including Full Throttle in my every day regimen, I noticed a difference right away. I lost 18 pounds in 2 weeks, but I lost a total of 110 pounds since I first started doing Tae Bo in January 2008. I was very amazed. Although it is very intense, and all of the moves are non-stop high-impact, but it's worth the money because you will definitely lose weight quickly. For those of you that desire rapid and ongoing weight loss, and want to keep it off, I suggest you get this video because if you do it faithfully, you will definitely see results.
on March 30, 2009
I have the original tae bo advance, billys boot camp and now Billy Blanks -Tae Bo - Amped Full Throttle.
If you are serious about reaching your goals add this to your routine. This is a very good cardio that really hits the upper body very hard. This is exactly what I need. Billy is the best, he really gives me the strength to go on. I love when he comes up to the screen and talk to me. Some people say he talks too much but that is his way of pushing us along and I love that about him. He never forget about the people at home.
on May 13, 2014
Something must be said about all Billy Blanks workout DVDs...He is so fun to workout to! Billy Blanks energy is infectious, and this one is no exception. I also have the P90X series, and the workouts lack that excitement, that militant shouting, that "in your face" attitude. I give up on P90X because of this alone. This Amped workout is mostly upper-body; that said, if you get yourself a weighted bar (I use a 6 lb weight bar), this workout is an INCREDIBLE upper body challenge. I used to do a very similar class at a gym, and using that bar helped sculpt my upper body quickly, and we only used the weighted bar for a portion of the workout. I can't imagine the results I'll see using it the whole time! I found myself sweating all over and getting to a point I just had to give my muscles a quick rest. Some routines move very fast, and I just could not move my muscles that quickly, so I just went at a speed I could manage. If you try this and find it to be too challenging, my advice...don't give up! Just do what you can! But if you want assurance you'll see good results with this DVD, oh my, yes you will!
on November 7, 2010
Reminds me of the kickboxing classes I took a few years ago. I let myself get kind of out of shape...ok. 30 pounds out of whack. UGH!!! And so now I needed something to kick my ass back into shape.

I was looking around and found this DVD.

I started the work out 2 days ago and am still a bit sore but it's a GOOD soreness, know what I mean?

I can't quite keep up 100% with the workout right now...but I do get through it (groaning and grunting, Oh My God! Those lunge exercises...holy crap!) and I feel so GREAT afterwards.

Billy Blanks keeps you motivated. Never gets cheesy like some workout video people do. He keeps it real and the people he's working out with also really make you want to work just as hard.

I LOVE the fact that it's recorded in real time...so you see them all sweat right along with you, and one of them even grunts too. Ha ha. Love it!

I'd highly recommend this video if you want a GOOD REAL workout, want to sweat like mad and want to feel energized afterwards.

This is GOOD STUFF!!!!!!!!

(and you don't need the stick. I use a stick I found in my garage (have no idea what it came from. looks like it was a leg off some kind of camping gear?) Anyhow, what's also cool about the video is that there is a set of people using the stick and another set not using it. So, you don't have to use one if you don't want to.

I switch between using one and not. Makes the workout more interesting that way.
on May 15, 2012
I've been using tae bo on and off for years, and recently got back into it and have been doing it 4-5x/wk for the past 6 months. The results are amazing. I am toned where I've never been toned before and feel great. I have about 10 different Tae Bo videos that I switch between so I don't get bored, and I'd say Amped Full Throttle and Ripped Extreme are my favorites. I like how they both incorporate weights, so I am seeing results in my arms, a difficult area for me. I don't have the bar for Amped, but I just use light weights, and it works just as well. Definitely would recommend this video and any tae bo work out. Fun and it works if you stick to it!!
on May 29, 2010
I have the whole amped series. It is the best work out ever. It is vigorous and versatile. I have been doing it for years now switching off between the different videos and walking somedays. Love it love it love it.
on March 22, 2012
I purchased this because I read the reviews and it seemed like this would provide me with a good "core" total body workout. It absolutely does that and I use it with the 5 lb CAP Barbell workout bar----->http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000LPK1GM/ref=oh_o03_s01_i00_details Love it!!!!
on May 24, 2010
With this workout, you can probably burn anywhere from 450-500 - it really got me sweating! I really enjoyed this workout, too, it doesn't drag on, but actually goes by quickly!