Billy Blanks Tae Bo Amped DVD Set
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Comprehensive exercise bundle from world-renowned Tae Bo creator Billy Blanks
- Includes 5 heart-pounding, full-length DVDs for attaining toned and sculpted body
- Combines short, intense "cardio bursts" with signature Tae Bo moves for optimum results
- Jump Start Cardio, Fat Burn Accelerator, Full Throttle, Core Express, and Live in LA DVDs
- Comes with Amplifier sculpting bar for added muscle-shaping resistance
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also shopped for
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
A brand new kit including 5 heart pounding full-length workouts and the incredible new 3 lb. AMPLIFIER. In this kit, Billy will take you through a core burning workout, a fat burning workout and well as jump start cardio workout all using the exclusive amplifier. In addition, the powerful new kit includes Billy's Weight Loss Success Guide.
World-renowned fitness expert Billy Blanks comes through again with his Tae Bo Amped series, which combines short, intense "cardio bursts" with signature Tae Bo moves for maximum benefits and optimum results. Each of these high-powered, high-energy workouts--the bundle comes with five heart-pounding, full-length DVDs--will help you attain a toned and sculpted body, strengthen your core, burn fat, and increase your overall fitness level for a total body workout. Longtime fans of Tae Bo and newcomers alike will experience a workout unlike any other, with Billy providing the inspiration and motivation to work hard. And to assist you during your workouts, Amped comes with Billy Blank's Amplifier sculpting bar, which adds muscle-shaping resistance to all of Billy's Amped workouts for greater cardio intensity and targeted muscle toning for your lower-body problem areas. Other items in the Amped bundle include a Billy Blanks weight-loss guidebook and a seven-day energy formula.
The kit comes with the following DVDs:
- Jump Start Cardio: Energizes your body and helps fight fat and flab for high-speed total-body slimming (approximately 41 minutes)
- Fat Burn Accelerator: Pushes the cardio-conditioning pedal to the metal to take you where you want to be--firm, toned, and looking and feeling great. The DVD features all-new, super-intense cardio moves that maximize the calories you burn per minute (approximately 52 minutes)
- Full Throttle: Attacks fat with incredibly intense cardio and explosive muscle-toning exercises (approximately 55 minutes)
- Core Express: An intense 30-minute workout created to target all the problem areas we have. You'll tighten and tone your abs, firm and lift your buns, and do it all in record time (approximately 31 minutes)
- Live in LA: Puts you at center stage as Billy trims and tones you to the core, blasts fat, and lifts you to new heights. You'll enjoy a front-row seat with Billy and 300 Tae Bo fans and followers as they work out at the world-famous Hollywood Palladium (approximately 43 minutes)
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
The idea behind the bar is to stabilize each move from the core. As Blanks teaches and performs each move, he constantly explains that the bar is meant to prevent the arms from "flopping all over the place." It does accomplish this mission, however, attempting to perform some of the moves--like the upper cut or some of the combination punches which are trademark Tae Bo moves--requires some tossing of the bar from one hand to the other at a fairly fast speed which can be difficult to achieve while keeping true to form and performing the move with timing and coordination. To add insult to injury, the bar, at times, refuses to click into place with a smooth degree of regularity that again, makes accomplishing the moves quickly a bit impossible. Some of the exercises, in particular, Billy's `baseball' move where the bar is fully extended and handled as a baseball bat seems almost impossible to do at the same uber pace attained by the Tae Bo team. While performing the `helicopter' where both hands are twisting the bar overhead at rapid speed or the hammer that imitates a blacksmith's banging on an anvil, I feel as if the bar may break and fling out of my hands to destroy who knows what in my living room. Not cool and definitely not something I want to test with maximum effort.
As a long-term user of Tae Bo that has employed Billy Blanks' system of kickboxing aerobics for over 10 years, I find the Amped workouts semi-difficult--Billy's demand for three fast-paced sets with the bar waving frantically during calisthenics can be taxing. However, the actual routines are ultimately boring. Billy attempts to adapt his traditional moves and combinations to moves using the bar; the transition is not smooth--the bar restricts rather than actually acts as an amplifier. Simply weighted boxing gloves or Velcro cuffs would work better. From the get-go, my ennui built to a point where I went through the motions, but could not wait for the video to go into the cool-down. The `Fat Burning Accelerator' workout, in particular, is not one I would do again anytime soon.
Bottom Line? `Tae Bo Amped' is a mediocre series of 5 workouts on 4 DVDs that contain traditional Tae Bo moves (with a concentration on arm exercises and a decidedly lesser amount of kicks and lower body routines than usual) that employ a weighted bar to `amp up' the action. Unfortunately, none of the DVDs match the workout level of older Tae Bo series like "TaeBo II: Get Ripped Advanced Workout", "Tae-Bo Workout (4 Pack)(tae bo live)" or "Billy Blanks - All New Tae Bo Boot Camp Elite." When Billy changed his exercise philosophy with regard to the music he used during workouts--opting for lyric less pieces instead of pop radio hits, he lost some of the exhilaration that comes with getting into the groove, doing some beloved moves and working up a sweat. Billy, some better music, please. Recommended for die-hard Tae Bo-ers.
Diana Faillace Von Behren
5 years later, still out of shape and overweight, I wanted to give tae bo another shot as I needed something to boost metabolism more than a cardio walk could do. I LOVE this amped series. I LOVE the amplifier bar!
I cannot keep up all the time, but because the amped up cardio workout starts you slow, I have a chance to learn the moves and feel comfortable with them before amping it up. And if I'm not comfortable, I don't amp it up. I've been doing the program for almost 4 weeks (the first 3 without the bar) and I could see results within the first week. My husband even noticed :)
I'm quite overweight and very out of shape, but I can do this!!! And I feel so good afterwards. Thanks Billy Blanks for creating a beginners DVD series that I can progress with. I've not made it past the first video, yet but I look forward to what my body is going to look like in a couple of months.