Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Billy Blanks' Tae-Bo - Get Celebrity Fit - Cardio
Your Garage Buy 2 kids' books and save Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Benjamin Leftwich Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis DollyParton Shop Now

VINE VOICEon July 20, 2007
This workout slams into fast gear from the start and maintains that pace throughout the entire workout. I'd been doing the 2003 series of The Strength/Power Within, Flex and Cardio, which are all a slower pace, so I was a little worried I wouldn't be able to do the whole thing. You would know I'd choose to do it for the first time on a Friday when I was dragging.

It was definitely a challenge, but a rewarding one. I finished the workout drenched, but energized. Aside from a few combinations (that will take a few tries to nail, if you're choreographically challenged like me), the routines are fairly easy to follow. Billy Blanks was energized, encouraging and playful throughout the DVD.

While I wouldn't recommend this for beginners or as a first Billy Blanks/Tae Bo workout, I thought it was a great, fun and even motivational workout. Wish I'd discovered Billy Blanks sooner!
on April 28, 2007
I just received this DVD yesterday and tried it out today. It was a little hard, but a lot of fun. There are some familiar moves, but Billy also adds a few challenging combinations that he has never done in other videos. There is also a few different moves. The really motivating part of these videos, the people seem to genuinely enjoy Tae Bo and are in good shape, but look realistic. I giggled a few times at Billy's humor. I own pretty much every Tae Bo DVD, so, this one was actually a refreshing change!
on July 31, 2007
I can see that my opinion of this Tae Bo video is quite different from the other reviewers. I'm a die-hard Tae Bo fan, but this one just didn't cut it. Billy slows down way too often, then only has short bursts of true cardio. Some of the moves were awkward, and there was far too much punching. This gets three stars because it IS still Tae Bo, but there are far better Billy Blanks workouts out there.
on January 17, 2008
I've been doing Tae Bo for the past decade, so I've accumulated a library of tapes/DVD's. Though I don't do it "regularly" (I mix it up when I can't run or want an "easier" workout) I regularly purchase new DVD's because I'm constantly searching for the "perfect" Tae Bo workout (for ME and what I'm looking for). This isn't it. I've been so disappointed with the majority of my recent Tae Bo purchases, including this one. Here's why:

1. I give up trying to count how many times Billy messes up anymore. Not that you have to be perfect, but it's TAPED! Edit it, especially if it's affecting my workout (not getting to the "other" side, messing up cadence, etc).

2. I feel like when I find a "good" move that is challenging and really targets a specific muscle group, he never does it again (ex being the abs at the end of Boot Camp Cardio Live).

3. Too much down time between moves in workouts (like this one) advertised as "cardio". I haven't remembered to wear my HR monitor yet, but I'd bet the farm I'm not in my zone for most of the work out.

Overall, this is just ok. Not as bad as some, not nearly as good as others. I'll still keep searching...
on September 21, 2007
I've been doing tae bo for 10 months now, and I'm always eager to try out a new video. I rented this from Netfix to try it out, and I'm glad I did: this video is awful. 15 minutes into it and my heart rate wasn't even raised. I stopped it because I felt like I was wasting my time. If you're a long-term Tae Bo fan, do yourself a favor and do Amped, Bootcamp, or Get Ripped.
on September 11, 2013
I ordered three of Billy Blanks' dvds. I love this one the most. The first few days are a drag. It can be too fast for a beginner but after a week, couldn't go for 10 mins straight. But 3 weeks in, I love it! I know all the moves, most importantly, am shedding pounds! I was frustrated with stubborn baby weight, one year after I had my baby. I decided on Tae Bo after running wore out my knees. 40 mins of this 5 days a week, no carb diet and portion control and my belly is gone!!! Sooo happy.
I normally don't sweat, but ten mins into this and am dripping wet. Feels so good to know all that sweat is calories being burnt. Now, Billy's outfit in this is another issue, but I got over it.lol
on May 10, 2012
I have been doing Tae Bo for 12 years and wanted to try a new one. I was looking for a straight cardio workout that was shorter than some of his others (like the old Advanced tapes that I still do). I wanted to like this, but it's just OK. The majority of it is just a rehash of all the old moves, with a few new ones thrown in. Then near the end he just starts doing a bunch of hard-to-follow combinations that seem like they were thrown together because he's run out of ideas. It's a decent cardio workout, not as strenuous as some of the others, but it does the job. And the woman behind Shellie with the gorilla arms was really annoying me too.
on September 14, 2015
This is one of Billy Blanks' best workouts - I totally recommend it for those who can do moderate to advanced exercise. However, don't buy this as your first Billy Blanks' workout. I just finished doing this dvd for the first time (I'm still in my workout clothes!) and found it to be exhilarating - just loved it - it's a super workout that your body will thank you for. Recently I read a review somewhere implying that Billy Blanks' workout were dated. Are you kidding me? This dvd is from 2007, guess what - the human body hasn't changed since then! Please buy it used and add this dvd to your collection.
on March 26, 2011
I am a huge fan of Billy and have been since the 4 pack vhs set. Meeting him is actually on my bucket list. However, had I done this workout first, I would feel differently. I don't know how you could know you are going to make a workout dvd, and seem to have absolutlely no plan in mind. It is like he is just winging it through the whole thing. And what is he wearing? Seriously, It is ridiculous. In taebo advanced I loved Shelly and considered her a great example. But in this work out she was just wierd and manic. I do not recommend this to anyone. What a let down, Billy.
Billy Blanks Tae-Bo-Get Celebrity Fit-Cardio is a standard Tae Bo Cardo video--meaning that it ranks right there in the middle of the bell curve. Its not really bad like Billy Blanks' Tae-Bo Cardio where the music is so slow-paced and the instruction interrupted with Billy's signature remarks, but its not a great workout either like Tae Bo Extreme! Billy Blanks, TaeBo, Push Your Limits with faster music and less frequent lulls in the action.

Billy's technique works around the concept of doing the slow move first and then amping it up in what he calls a "cardio" move later. Whether or not his method qualifies as High Intensity Interval Training or not depends on what the participant is willing to put into it. Blanks will keep you moving, but its up to the viewer to really be vigilant. Its so easy to slacken off while Billy gives one of his motivational minutes. The music selected is an electronic vibe that works well;its ten times better than some of the other music Blanks selects for his other DVDs. There are, however, the usual complaints--Blanks tends to do only one side and than moves onto another slower move without amping up the last move as expected. But, don't get bogged down by this. As pointed out before, the fact that you are slowing down--not stopping, but keeping a steady faster heart rate and then pushing it may mean a much better calorie burn than expected.

Get Celebrity Fit-Cardio is only 45 minutes long--the warm-up is relatively quick as is the cool-down. There is no floor work and there are no extreme jumping moves--Blanks utilizes his most familiar sequences to keep the body moving--although there are times when he throws in an "In-Out" move that just ruins the pace. Some of his combinations are awkward and do not work in an "at home/in-front-of-the-TV" space. Learn to make it work for you. When Blanks starts instructing one of his longer combos, I just start punching and kicking around the room just to keep my heart going. This can be annoying. Again, being prepared for these lags in the action will help the exerciser step up the action for his/herself--but the first time view can be a bit of a drag. This workout increases in value the more times that you do. You are familiar with what is coming and improvise.

Bottom line? If you are looking for a 45 minute workout that uses familiar Tae Bo moves and you don't mind improvising when instructor Billy Blanks attempts to demonstrate an awkward sequence of moves that breaks the overall pace of the session, you may want to include Celebrity Fit Cardio in your DVD collection. Be prepared for better music, but don't expect the original Tae Bo Live Advanced 60 minute workout. Wish Blanks would reissue that Live Advanced Set of 12! Recommended with caveats.
Diana Faillace Von Behren