Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide $54.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now HTL17_gno

on September 26, 2014
I love this workout, I was a beginner for Taebo, I started back in June with an old VHS for basic Taebo. I worked my way up to this DVD and just ordered another. I really enjoy Taebo, it keeps me motivated and it really makes you sweat. It was really hard for me when I started this one, but I modified the moves and just kept up with it. I work out every other day being the moves are pretty intense. I also like that you do not have to get on the floor for anything or use any weights. It gets your heartbeat up and you stay moving. I think it is about 45 minutes total, Billy gets on a few rants here and there, and at the end during the cool down he rants while you are meditating, I turn it off at that point. Great workout, I love Taebo, it keeps me motivated. Cant wait to get my new DVD.
on July 30, 2017
I love taebo. This is one of my favorites. I love that he keeps you moving. I would definitely recommend adding this to your taebo collection.
on February 2, 2014
I used to do TaeBo ages ago. I had the very first set in VHS. I had also stopped doing it a long time ago, gained lots of weight and was just slothful for a while. In 2010 I was in a friend's wedding. When I saw the wedding photos, I was devastated. I hardly recognized myself. Those pictures incited me to get myself together. I joined weight watchers, started exercising and generally trying to live a better life. I started a blog for some catharsis and support ([...]), and since the wedding, have lost 33 pounds. This is an honest review, but is obviously just my opinion.

Stats: I've been weight training and running for a few years now. I'm 46 years old -- just turned in January. I have no readily apparent health problems. Presently, I weight train twice a week with a trainer and those workout include 45-50 minutes of weights and another 40 minutes of cardio. I also run or do some other form of cardio on my own 2-3 times a week.

I recently had to ease up on the running and was looking for something less abusive of the body. And I remembered how much I used to enjoy TaeBo. I ordered "This is TaeBo," "Ripped Extreme" and "Cardio Explosion." This review concerns only This is TaeBo.

To me, this is NOT a workout for beginners, as some of the other posts say. This workout kicks my ass, and I get similar calorie burn numbers as I get from a 3-mile run, which takes me about 47 minutes with warm up and cool down (I'm slow!). This might be easy for people who regularly do other TaeBo workouts, but this is a different kind of cardio from running and walking, so it can still be great for people, like me, who do that. I like that it doesn't have any floor work, and I like that it is virtually non-stop. There are slower parts where the moves are demonstrated, then burst of speed and power. For me, these were welcomed breaks and did nothing to break my stride or interrupt my flow. When I workout, even on my own, I go full on, all the time. Because of that, even during the shorter periods of slower activity, my heart racing and I was sweating balls. In fact, I started sweating about seven minutes in and never stopped.

As to the video itself, I agree with everyone else that the counting is annoying as all hell, and I absolutely DESPISE Shelly, the blond woman who counts the loudest, shouts "Woo-sah," or some such other nonsense, inadvertently and for no apparent reason, or shouts "Fire! Fire!" If I could edit her out of the video, I would've done it after the first time I watched it.

That said, if you can ignore her -- which I grant you will take a large amount of will -- I think this video is a great buy.
on April 25, 2017
I love how you work everything. I have to take a few breaks as I am over 50. Doesn't hurt my hips.
on March 28, 2015
This workout is NOT for TaeBo beginners! It is very fast paced and Billy moves through it as if you already know the basics. I find Billy and his crew to be very motivating. I have read some reviews saying that he is distracting and talks too much; personally, I like that he is constantly after you to use correct form and to keep going, even if you mess up or if you are tired. It feels as if he is in the room with me, reminding me to breathe and challenging me to kick higher! The last few minutes where he talks while everyone meditates is a nice time to stretch and reflect on your accomplishments.
on May 5, 2017
Tae Bo workouts were always fun for me. High energy.
on November 15, 2010
I admit I am new to Tae Bo but not new to kickboxing. I loved this workout, it gives a non-stop cardio workout and that is what I was looking for, and I don't mind the constant counting. He does talk a bit to much and it does have a few lapses...working one side more than the other...starting a new movement in the middle of the count for the previous one...but all in all I think this is a great workout if you want to get your heart rate up for a sustaned 45 minute period. There is not much of a cooldown, but that is ok with me as I generally do yoga after all my workouts. The moves are basic and the pace is fast. I found that I am not constantly looking at the clock to see when the workout will be over, and that is a big deal for me as calorie burn is my prime objective.
I recommend the workout to those who just want to burn a lot of calories and are not so concerned with what the people are doing in the background.
on March 21, 2012
I have been doing martial arts/dance cardio workouts for a while now, in my opinion this dvd in particular is not great for beginners. But dont get me wrong, I really enjoy doing this dvd!
There is an brief instructional section in the dvd menu and I definitely recommend checking it out first. It will give you a great base to start from, but when the moves get fast-paced some of the combos feel awkward to me. Especially the kicking ones. Im sure if I stick with it that the awkwardness will go away.
In my opinion working out with incorrect form is the #1 reason for post workout aches and pains. Thats a subject that goes untouched in this workout in particular. If youre a beginner your not going to know how to tuck your tailbone, tighten your abs or flatten your back to avoid hurting yourself. Even I catch myself slacking a bit sometimes..
on January 10, 2012
"This is tae-bo" is intense and really good. I have used several tae-bo workouts in the past, and this is quite intense! Lots of kicks, which stretch the thigh muscles. This is great for an intermediary person because you really do sweat it out!!! I think it's too intense for a beginner though and beginners should look for earlier versions for beginners. One downside is Billy's narration of how he started tae-bo etc ... that should have been in a different portion because you don't want to listen to Billy do the same narration everytime you're working out! I have come to stop when he starts narrating at the end. Other than that, it's a great workout, and well worth the purchase!
on June 8, 2013
This is Taebo...LOVE IT !!!! Billy does it again. Fab workout for people like myself going back to Taebo. Taebo never fails to get me back in the best shape. Did taebo when it first came out and pleased to see the results that it always gives me. Billy is right when he says that there are similar workouts to his - check out the infomercials and you'll see for yourself it's the same moves as Taebo. You will definitely work up a sweat with this workout.