Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Chlorhexidine Solution gallon
Amazon Vehicles Fall Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Britney Spears Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Shop now Amazon Cash Back Offer conj2 conj2 conj2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now STEM

Price:$12.59+ $10.19 shipping

on February 10, 2014
I purchased this for my dogs skin conditions and it is GREAT. Getting the dilution correctly took time and research. 1oz to 48oz of water is a safe mix for cleaning and sterilizing equipment and animal and human wounds. (I chose this mix from a veterinarian recommendation.)

Chlorhexidine is used in mouthwash, body wash, surgical wash, dog shampoo and my favorite is Ear wash for dogs. I spent a lot of money treating chronic ear infections in my field spaniel and this is the active ingredient in OtiClens Ear Cleaner. My German Shepherd Dog actually enjoys being rubbed down head to toe with the diluted mix. My Alaska Husky is old and she gets washed between her legs and and under her tail with this.
My mother is under going Chemotherapy uses it to clean her wounds and disinfect her house.
My cleaning supplies are a gallon Chlorexhexidine for bacteria and infections and a gallon of Apple Cider Vinegar for fungus (ringworm on dogs, cats and humans, jock itch, athletes foot, carpet and window cleaning.)
Ensure the product is diluted! Full strength will cause stains.
on January 21, 2016
I bought this for my allergy prone Bulldogs.

Over the years I've generally used wipes and sprays that contain Chlorhexidine (Douxo, Triz-Chlor). The cost adds up quick when you have two Bulldogs with skin issues.

One gallon of this stuff lasts forever. You only need a little, dilute with water and you have a soak for their paws.
I also use round cosmetic pads that I let soak in a jar of diluted solution to wipe my boys down quickly when needed (the chin and such).

Works just as good as any of the other products that contain Chlorhexidine to kill yeast and disinfect.
review image
on November 27, 2009
As the title says, this is a much less expensive alternative to Novalsan. The concentrate makes 128 gallons of vet-grade disinfectant for pocket change. Keep plenty on hand if you deal with reptiles or sick animals.
on September 19, 2007
Our dog has been battling a staph infection in her armpits and on her belly. It started out looking like bug bites. Once we got this under control with antibiotics and a steriod powder, she told us to use this in the dog's swimming pool. I've also made a solution to dab her problem areas once or twice a day. What a difference! There's no more algae growing in her pool. Biggest drawback is that the pool now attracts a variety of bugs and flies...easily enough removed but it is a nusiance.
on January 31, 2014
The reason chlorhexidine gloconate is, as one reviewer stated, "the gold standard" in skin disinfectants is because it is the ONLY active ingredient that can do all the things it does:

- kill all persistent skin-borne microorganisms (not just bacteria)

- keep killing for a period of time

- do so without interacting with other products or body fluids (you don't have to wash dirt or blood away first for it to work)

- creates no antibiotic resistance

- MOST IMPORTANTLY, does no damage to healthy skin cells

This is the active ingredient in Hibicleanz.

When I say that it saved my life I am not exaggerating.
I was born with a rare skin condition that left me with skin that was not intact (looked like I had been burned). All the fancy doctors from Stanford, UCSF, UCLA, etc. could tell my poor mother was to bathe me in a mild dilution of Hibicleanz everyday. The alternative was an endless series of infections. I was on antibiotics every 2-3 months. The baths stopped all that. That was when I was just over a year old. I am now 35 (and my skin has gradually healed and improved).

Hibicleanz is a truly great product, but also truly expensive. This product is the alternative.

Bottom line: for those of you out there who have skin infection concerns, there is no better active ingredient. This version just makes it a little less costly.
on December 8, 2014
I use this diluted (it's just as effective) 3 parts water to one part solution in these spray bottles: Soft 'n Style 8 oz. Spray Bottle Set / 3 Piece Set (B28SET) I use it at home and at work on every surface when someone gets sick. I also bath with it - its better than deodorant. I keep some in a much smaller 2 oz spray bottle for when traveling and spray on my hands for protection from germs for up to 6 hours. This stuff should be EVERYWHERE - I don't know why it is a secret. Stop using dangerous chemicals and just get this!!!!
on December 25, 2013
this stuff is amazing. 1st it came on time :), and the product was exactly what it was supposed to be. the product itself is a wonderful thing to have if you have pets. if one of them get a cut, gash, whatever you mix this solution with water until it is baby blue./ then you squirt it on the wound. it helps healing because it kills fungi, bacteria, all kinds of bad things!
on October 30, 2011
I have been using chlohexidine based products for my dogs for a little bit over a year now. This product is simply amazing for use as an anti-bacterial and anti-fungal.
I used the flush for post-surgery wound cleaning, to treat a puppy's stomache acne, and to treat/clean paw pads.
I used the spray to treat a lab's reoccurring skin problems. Dogs will lick and scratch a spot open. This product works great to treat those spots. The spray is also good for paw pads, but I found I get quicker and better coverage with the flush.
I bought another brand here on Amazon. This was the first time I bought the gallon bottle. With this, I've been able to make my own flush and refill the spray bottle, following the diluting directions of 2 tsp per gallon. For the price of the flush and spray, I was able to buy an entire gallon. I've already made two containers of flush and one spray bottle, and it barely made a dent in the gallon. Even though the shipping on this product is higher than one would want, the overall value can't be beat.
I added a cup of it to the lab's bathwater and let him soak, further treating his skin condition.
I am thinking I can add some of this to the dog's shampoo, making my own chlorhexidine based shampoo for the skin conditions. Vet Solutions is my favorite shampoo and does a good job on it's own. Can it not be better with chlorhexidine for better control of skin afflictions? I have to research if there may be problems with mixing ingredients. The amount added would be minimal. If I go that route, I will update this review with the results. Even if not, I still can use as a rinse and soak.
I have not used this as a dental product. If I do, I will update this review with the results.

In summary, get a gallon of this, read all the various uses the reviewers have noted, and reap the benefits and savings.
55 comments| 18 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 17, 2013
3 weeks ago my dog was diagnosed with an antibiotic resistant staph infection all over his skin,so needless to say, he can not take antibiotics to clear this nasty thing up. I received a small bottle of this item from my dogs dermatologist and told to mix 1:4 (1/4 cup to 2 cups of water) and spray on his body (all over his body as the sores are everywhere) I do this 2 times a day and the lesions are clearing up ( thank god !!!)..needless to say, the small bottle did not even last me a week, so I purchased a gallon because we go through a lot of this stuff
( did I mention my dog is large and weighs 68 lbs ?)
If you have an animal that has a staph infection or any kind of skin problem, I highly recommend this product !
on December 10, 2009
I am very satisfied with this merchant. This product is often sold by veterinarians for a lot more. It's highly concentrated, so after diluting to desired concentration you actually get a lot more for your money that you initially expected.