Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 62 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 65 reviews
on January 5, 2014
The field of vision is not that big- I suppose it is what it says it is but just for reference- I was in the middle of the upper balcony and felt I was seeing the stage too close to be useful. If you want to look at details it is probably fine if they are not moving. But I found it hard to have two characters in view at any one time. I ended up using a friend's pair of binnoculars with a wider field of vision next time I went to the theater and it worked much better.

But all that said, these binoculars are very stylish, they seem solid enough, they do focus in, they arrived very quickly. The leather bag smells a bit- perhaps it is the dye they used? Don't know- the bag needed to air out a bit- initially it made everything around it smell like chemicals. After it aired out it was fine. I ended up giving mine away as a gift as I didn't see myself using them again.
on February 22, 2016
These look nice and are fun to use (we take them to the symphony), but they really aren't the best in terms of overall usability. The zoom level is minimal – seats beyond middle orchestra at our large venue would be stretching their usability. The eyes are a bit too close together as well, and looking through these feels more like looking through a microscope tube than a binocular. I have a set of mini binoculars that are significantly better to bring to the theatre, but these are more stylish and the extending arm for holding the glasses does give more stability than I get with my small binoculars. Would be great for kids, or best used as decoration.
on August 5, 2013
These are great little binoculars and very attention grabbing. I used these when a broadway musical came through town. They worked great and I had lots of compliments and questions on where I got them.
on January 15, 2016
I couldn't read the clock on my wall (medical difficulties) or see the birds outside my window as well as I wanted. These are perfect and make me feel elegant, too!
on October 22, 2014
with these it's like being right up front.. i got these to see wicked.. my girlfriend commented that we had great seats, and after she told me that she hadn't had a theater experience like that before, that the glasses made her feel like we were right up front.
on February 5, 2014
Given the price the Opera Glasses perform as expected. My girlfriend had a bit of a hard time get the focus right, and ultimately watched the majority of the performance with out the glasses. However in one scene of "The Passenger" she used them quite effectively to determine which prisoner was singing. The staging obscured the performers faces making it difficult to determine. All in all they are worth the price.
on August 23, 2013
Compact, discreet and attractive; easy to use and carry. In the dark of the Opera House, I felt comfortable removing it from the carrying bag and putting it away after use. I would recommend this.
on August 27, 2015
The perfect accessory for a lady's Steampunk costume! The opera glasses are a bit heavier than expected, but sturdy and well-made. The eyepieces are adjustable, and the handle extends and retracts. Comes with a soft leatherette pouch.
on June 7, 2011
They're a little hard to focus and secure in position, but once you get the hang of it things are fine. It's really nice to be able to zoom in on the principles when you want too. And the price is pretty good.
on July 22, 2011
This is an item out of my comfort zone. I may know a few things about electronic gadgets, since I enjoy reading about them and of course buying them as funds permit, but I haven't bought any binoculars for theater events before this. I have to say, these binoculars were everything we wanted and more! I think it's an excellent gift or even a personal purchase if you have tickets to an event and you want to ensure a great view from any seats.

They looked good too - of course, not that I have a lot of experience, but for my tastes (simple, elegant, and color preferences), this hit on all points. I'm not actually a fan of the gold color as much sometimes, but the gift recipient is so it worked out well. Great purchase and seems like a great deal here as well.

By the way, for those complaining about magnification, they clearly list 3x magnification which is exactly what is delivered. That is plenty for this purpose, and I think it's typical. Anyway it's as advertised, so there should be no complaints. Also included adjustments for focus according to the recipient (I didn't try it myself).