BioBrite Sunrise Clock Advanced Model Charcoal
- Gradual sunrise wakes you up gently and naturally
- Gradual sunset gives your body the signal to wind down, helping you to fall asleep sleep
- Optional backup beeper and power failure backup for reassurance
- Dimmable bedside lamp for reading or soft lighting
- Intelligent LCD display fades to very low level when you want to sleep
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and different information than what is shown on our website. We recommend that you do not rely solely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product. Please see our full disclaimer below.
Top Customer Reviews
My only quibble is the quality of this lamp/clock. When we first got it, the light would flicker or strobe unexpectedly. Time and tinkering seemed to fix it. The white noise function barely works. It only comes on when the light is on, if I screw around with it, and goes off when the light does. There's no separate control for it, nor a volume control. I wish that were separate. Is it just me, or doesn't it seem counter-intuitive to have the white noise only run when the light is ON? It doesn't come back on when the sunrise function begins, either.
The clock also runs consistently fast. Every few weeks I have to adjust it as the time grows ten or more minutes ahead.
We like it a lot, but there are a lot of foibles to contend with for the price.
1. Low quality design and construction. As soon as you take it out of the box you wonder why you paid so much for it. It looks like it was spray painted by a child and the buttons are flimsy.
2. It is tedious to use. There are only 3 buttoms to use all of the features(not including the alarm on/off button). Just to set the time, you have to go through a menu with one button until you get to the time set mode and then you can only increment/decrement one minute at a time (no hour incrementing). Major pain in the ass.
3. It doesn't work. I was really excited about having this clock. I was so sick of waking up to the beep-beep-beep of my old alarm clock, and this seemed like it was going to make my whole day better. Unfortunately, the "sunrise" hasn't woken me up once, and I still wake up to the beep-beep-beep of it's backup alarm everyday. And I'm a very light sleeper.
I wish I had something good to say about this, but I don't. For me it was a lot of money for something that works no better than the cheap alarm clock I've had for 10 years. At least on the old one I could set the time very easily.
I contacted customer service and the woman asked me (in a rude manner) if I had held in the Program button while I was plugging in the light. I told her of course not. She told me I should have. This was not in the manual anywhere! I tried doing that and was woken up again the next day at 4:30am to immediate full light. I waited 3 days to hear back from the company via email about what to do with this product. They said I could ship it to them (at my expense) and have it serviced.
Thankfully, we bought it from Amazon, and not the company, or we would have had difficulty returning it for a working model. We have since received a new one, and this one works fine. As long as you don't get a defective clock, it is a nice thing to have, but save yourself the hassle and buy it from Amazon, rather than Biobrite.
* Dimmable bedside light for reading or soft lighting
* Security option so light comes on at random intervals from 4-11pm as if the house is occupied
* Nightlight option
* LCD display fades to low level when it is in night mode
I have the one with white noise and it is wonderful.
Besides the price part, it works fine and really does help the person I gave it to sleep earlier and better.
Another potential issue might be that the bulb does not have a standard socket size- not sure how much Biobrite will charge to replace it, or if it will be available in a regular store.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I've had this clock for 7 years now and its still going. Love the sound and the gradual rise to day light. I haven't yet had to replace the light.Published 1 month ago by SJ
I am on my 3rd one in 15 years. The longevity could be better, but I am absolutely enamored with being awakened by light rather than jolted awake by some obnoxious alarm. Read morePublished 10 months ago by Long Time Dog Rescuer
This is the greatest way to wake up. On work days I have to get up well before the sun. I hate being jolted awake by an alarm in a dark room. Read morePublished 13 months ago by David Garick
I've had my sunrise clock for years and haven't had any issues with it.......until I had to replace the glass globe. Read morePublished 15 months ago by Rae W.
Piece of junk. Worked10 minutes then quit. Threw it away.Published 16 months ago by Michael McFarland
not as bright as I would have liked. It is still a great product.Published 16 months ago by Amazon Customer
Love this! Totally changed my life! I am productive again:)Published 16 months ago by Nancy Johnston
This dawn simulator alarm clock has exceeded my expectations. No more jarring noise to wake me up, an occasional headaches or slow starts to the day. Read morePublished 18 months ago by jcwink