Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by Nothing More PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating PSFF17_gno

Customer reviews

Showing 1-10 of 30 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 33 reviews
on February 24, 2010
Just got this little guy in the mail today and am very pleased. NECA did a great job with this one. I have to hand it to them for going out on a limb and making such a cool and unique tie-in product from the new game.

The good:
* All the detail - from sepia tone paint washes that make the doll feel dirty and lived in, to the suede leather string that makes it feel pretty durable for a collectable - the toy is pretty well crafted.

* Little touches - the plush is a great design with all it's found object style, the thumbtacks in it's head, the baseball, wine opener and bottle cap on it's backpack. All these touches make it an enjoyable collectable for fans of the game.

* Articulation - from the pictures I saw I had no idea the doll was articulated. At it's head and leg region the toy has stable joints and this allows you to place the figure in a seated position on your shelf.

The bad:
* Not really bad, but the least convincing portion of the plush was the aging application on the baseball head. It just looks like paint rather than an old baseball.

* Size, again not bad, just more of a surprise - the plush is small at 6 inches, which makes perfect sense this little guy is carried around in the game by a little girl.

* Packaging - nothing special here, not even a clear box window to see the doll within. It has the same game art you have seen. You probably won't display this in the box...

A nice addition to the shelf....
on August 27, 2013
Since the annual Comic Con was rolling around, my friends and I decided to complete our Bioshock ensemble with one of these dolls for the Little Sister in our group.

As a collector's item, I would have totally saved this doll forever on a shelf in my room, but several people were eyeing this doll at the convention. I ultimately sold it to someone in line, but I can say that when I bought it for the original lower price of $25 it was well worth it because it was everything I imagined it to be from the video game. Now that it's worth so much more, I slightly regret not keeping it to myself, but I also would not have bought it considering how pricey it has become. Just ask yourself, is the price worth it?
on March 4, 2010
This doll is really cool and looks just like the one you see the Little Sisters carrying around in the game.

The materials it's made of appear fairly accurate, but aren't exactly what they appear. The "baseball" as the head is solid plastic, painted (well); the "rubber bands" are some sort of leather-ish material sewn into place so they don't move around; the "thimble" is molded plastic. On the other hand, the corkscrew is metal, and while it doesn't have a sharp point on it, you probably wouldn't give it to a kid.

When you get the doll and pull it out of the box, you need to manually position the wires (which are actual wire) in front of the face. Not a big deal, but somewhat "assembly required."

The doll isn't very big; if you look at the doll's head and think it's actually the size of a baseball, the doll is about the size of two baseballs. I know this sounds obvious, but I was sort of surprised at how small it is when I pulled it out of the box. I don't count it against the item; it was just unexpected.

The head and legs are articulated so you can turn the doll's head or place the doll nicely in a sitting position. Coupled with the NECA Bioshock 2 EVE Hypo Syringe Prop Replica, it makes a pretty cool bit of BioShock for display.
on March 18, 2011
When I recieved my Big Daddy plush doll, I was a bit surprised. The little fella was a lot smaller than I imagined but then again this is in perspective of the Little Sisters. Now I can see why it's so small. As I took my little fella out of his box, I was a bit disappointed by the paper clip wiring. It was all smashed up-probably because of the packadging, so I fixed it up. Good thing it was flexible! The next day, I took it to class and boy, did I recieve a lot of attention. Most of the attention was "It's Big Daddy!" "How adorable!" "Mr. B!" and I also recieved "Ewww!" "This thing is disturbing." "What in the world?". I knew that they have never played Bioshock to understand that the Little Sisters made this toy after their loving protector. They had to work with whatever was lying around in the ruins of Rapture. Don't expect a small girl to do a exceptional job on her dolly. Anyways, I love my Mr. Bubbles. I believe it's something every fan should have if they are a collector. :D
on March 14, 2010
I have decided to begin collecting action figures and the like from games that I collect and love as well. This Big Daddy Plush doll is a wonderful addition to my collection. This thing is made from durable materials and is very detailed. This doll matches everything the doll in the game has, right down to the little paperclip on the rubber band around the torso. Most of the material on the doll is modeled after it's real material which makes the doll very light, for example; the rubber band is actually made from red felt and the baseball head is really a plastic molding made to look like a beaten, weathered, old baseball. This would not be a good "toy" for a child as there are many small and sharp pieces, but this makes a great collectors item and a wonderful piece to freak out your friends.
on March 9, 2010
Bought this after I beat the first Bioshock. Game had me hooked and I wanted a figure to add to my collection at work. It's really well made and just as creepy as it looks in the photos. It's definitely not a toy though as it has a real cork screw with point on one of it's hands. Plenty of small pieces as well make it dangerous for a kid. Great for a fan of the game though.

The only issue I have seen with this figure is the red and blue string that is wrapped around the doll aren't glued into place so if you play with them enough they might move around. I haven't had them fall off on me so I think you will be OK. Hope everyone likes it as much as I do!

There really is no educational value to this toy unless you count getting you more involved with the story of Bioshock.
on March 13, 2010
I'm a sucker for in-game merchandise, so this "plush" doll immediately caught my attention. This model of Big Daddy doll is not actually shown in BioShock 2 (it IS in the first game, though). Regardless, "Mr. Bubbles" is a wonderful item for fans of the franchise. It's important to note that the doll is not actually made of the items that appear in the game: the push-pin eyes, baseball head, and paper-clip wires are all made of plastic. The drill was not sharp on my doll, but I would still suggest the doll to teens and older. The only "plush" part is the actual body. Still, this is a wonderful way to get further into the wonderfully terrifying world of Rapture. Would you kindly consider buying one?
on February 17, 2010
first off size of this doll is about as big as the Bioshock 2 NECA figures and it is well made. head is plastic, wires are bendable to your liking, body is cloth, drill is metal, and the legs are on joints so he can sit down, tank is i think plastic not sure and yes it has a nail and bottle cap for the valve. over all good detail and quality if your a Bioshock fan i recommend it
on September 24, 2013
It really is a well made product and it looks just like the doll from the game, really great companion to have next to your computer. However when I got it out of it's package I noticed that the leg joints that should enable the doll to sit down was mounted backwards, his legs bent the wrong way which was really annoying. Through brute force I was able to make the legs bend correctly so I am happy now.
on August 26, 2011
I ordered this toy because I'm a HUGE Bioshock fan and I have a series of collectible toys on my shelf, this is easily the best of the bunch I have (next to my Fallout 3 bobblehead and Marvel Squad She-Hulk >.<). The detail is great and the size is PERFECT! It was more of a joy to have than what I was expecting, as an everyday guy with a love for the Bioshock universe, this is really, really great. I recommend this for any big Bioshock fan, how can you not have it?! And it's adorable.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.