Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held GNO Tailgating ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 695 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 905 reviews
on March 12, 2017
I have mixed feelings about this game. Let me start with the good. Amazing graphics, 10 on a10 point scale. It is pure eye candy. Voice actors are good. The storyline was compelling and kept my attention until the end. The ending is somewhat flak Gamepla becomes repetitive. At first it is a challenge, but it is the same thing again and again, it became boring to me. Replaybility is almost zilch, there is no deviations and no alternative choices. Graphics are the best part of the game.
on August 5, 2014
3/4 of way through game now. No glitches that I notice other than Elizabeth occasionally floating, but it's so infrequent that I pay no mind to it. Runs great on my PC which has 8GB ram, solid state hard drive, quad processor. Have only had very little problems with lag in the game. The story, sounds, world, everything, it's amazing. Elizabeth's AI makes me feel like I'm taking this adventure with another living person. Can she see me through the TV screen? She's that real.

I'm not a FPS person. I don't like FPS games. I suck at aiming. But this game I love. I don't know why, but I LOVE it.

INTERNET WARNING: don't have internet? Don't buy this PC game. It requires that you download steam and have a Steam account, which requires internet. When you install the game your game registration code that comes with your copy will be permanently linked to your Steam account, so don't lose your Steam Account information. You must be able to log in with your Steam account to play the game.

If the internet thing is no problem for you, then I absolutely recommend this game. Thinking back, I don't think there was a moment in this game that I did not enjoy. Except maybe that it's odd that you can find more money in trash cans than in purses. Haha!
on April 28, 2016
A very engrossing game but a bit too complicated for it's own good. The "tears"(shifts in time) are so many, you are not sure where(or when) you are and the ending is more of a postscript (again overly complicated) that you can skip although is does reveal who Elizabeth is. The "vigors" are superpowers that give you specific abilities but I found I use only about half of them(shockjockey, an electrocution bolt of electricity, is my favorite). I also wish you could carry more than 2 weapons. The battle scenes are challenging but sometimes feel like they were just added for the sake of another fight. Finding hidden stuff along the way is very fun and money is picked up so you can buy upgrades to your vigors and weapons. Salts power your vigors, you have a "shield" that wears down in battle but regenerates if you are not being hit and your health which suffers once your "shield" is broken. The obviously right wing political world you are fighting in is overturned with you(Booker Dewitt)` and Elizabeth leading the way using these "tears" in time. Your mission of rescuing Elizabeth to bring her back to New York to wipe away your gambling debts becomes more of a mission to help the right wing run world free itself as you become more involved in Columbia, this floating world above the earth where Elizabeth is held captive.
on December 27, 2014
This is my favourite game of the Bioshock trilogy. The graphics are gorgeous. The world of Columbia is presented in vivid, living colour, departing from the dull colours of the last two games (no brown filter, thank goodness). The sound is crisp and clear. My favourite part of the game is when Booker sat down to play a guitar and sing along with his partner Elizabeth in order to comfort a lost child.

I cannot express in adequate language how deeply moving that scene was. You can find it on Youtube. It was art.

The gameplay itself is very fast-paced and fluid in comparison to the last two games. The combat is incredibly well-done. Your new gimmick is the Skyhook (no, not the ones that move the Glass Elevator in Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory) and it is a huge amount of fun just to use the Skyhook and glide along the rails. It is also very fun to glide along the rails during combat, making combat far, far more exciting and innovative.

Second only to the Skyhook is Elizabeth herself. Thanks to her, you DO NOT NEED TO HUNT FOR RESOURCES! This is unprecedented as far as RPG's go. You do not need to hunt down every dollar or bullet to advance the plot. You can get all your resources from Elizabeth, who does all the hunting for you! This contributes greatly to the fluidity of the gameplay.

This game is very well-done.
on October 18, 2016
Although a minority of fans of Bioshock and Bioshock 2 sometimes detract from the third in the series, the majority of people, myself included, find this game to be one of the best FPS games on PC, with an intriguing storyline (which can only be fully appreciated after a second or third playthrough), likable characters, and fast paced gameplay. The game is delivered via the Steam platform, which brings with it major benefits: cloud synchronization, a games library accessible via any computer (Mac, Linux, Windows, Steam Machine) DLC, achievements, and excellent customer support. The price (at the time of my purchase in September 2016) was excellent, and I fully recommend this purchase.
on January 30, 2017
When I first saw the game, I was hesitant to pay even as little as $6 for it (I'm cheap), but caved and bought it anyway.
Guess who has a new favorite game?
Everything and I mean everything about this game, is breathtaking. The level design. The textures. The dark themes this game is not afraid to explore. The characters. Even the sad and confusing ending blew me away. It is a shooter, but the story takes center stage. It's not hard, but it gives you the thrill of a hard game.

Listen to me when I say this: BioShock Infinite is an absolute masterpiece. No Steam library should be without it.
on June 8, 2013
I have not yet completed this game, but I felt that the game was a little on the easy side. The game play was definitely fun for the first few hours playing, but then it felt kind of repetitive. The graphics and world are really nice and the story line is fun to follow. I found the weapons in the game to be strange to say the least. I really only used 1 or 2 weapons even though I came across many others. It almost feels like the weapons are useless and do not effect your game play.

Overall I really enjoyed playing the game, but felt that it could have been made better with some changes.
on March 10, 2014
Going to start with cons, because it'll be short.

Cons:
1. Imbalanced game play. Discourages the use of unique powers by making them completely useless in a fight.
2. Uninspiring combat (final boss fight not included). Re-uses the same mechanics for 98% of the fights, cranking up the difficulty just changes the bullet damage.

Pros:
1. Immersive and unique environment. Very easy to feel like your actually there.
2. Complex and enthralling story. While not an entirely original story, the writers put a unique polish on the story that carried through to the end.
3. Inspirational character acting. While the majority of the acting was confined to cut-scene-esque moments, it was convincing and entertaining.
4. Sky rails. While I believe they could have used these quite a bit more to diversify the combat, they were an entertaining addition.

I definitely would (and do) recommend this to anyone who enjoys story driven games.
on May 4, 2013
Infinite's story/gameplay far surpasses that of its predecessors I feel in practically every way. The story is at times straightforward but quickly deepens and by the end of the game I found myself breathless with the story overall! I found the story refreshing and looking back it plays out more like a well crafted movie or a book, which in my opinion, solidifies my belief that video games are quickly becoming the premiere scene for storytelling. The city of Columbia is a beautiful and dynamic environment for the games events to unfold. The combination of abilities and weapons will be familiar to BioShock fans but also different enough to keep the player on their toes. The addition of skylines are a fun gameplay element that keeps the action high and challenging. Elizabeth as an AI companion adds excitement to both the story and the gameplay. Elizabeth has the ability to open "tears" that aid you in combat in different ways. Often times there are a large number of tears that can be opened which come in handy as you zip around on the skylines. The enemies in the game provide unique challenges, especially among the "boss" enemies which typically are easier to defeat using a specific combination of weapons or abilities.

I don't want to delve into too much detail because of how much richer the experience is the less you know about BioShock Infinite's story from the get go (don't let your friends drop any spoilers or subtle hints!) but if you loved exploring Rapture in BioShock or BioShock 2, BioShock Infinite is a must play.
on January 14, 2014
I enjoyed the game. The plot twists weren't entirely unpredictable, but I really enjoyed the attention to detail, and the reflective foreshadowing is nearly perfect. It's a well written story which appealed to my sci-fi sensibilities. The plot is well crafted for the interactive medium. Many games try to tell a cinematic story, ignoring the interactive elements. Bioshock Infinite successfully uses the agency the player is provided with to create and compelling narrative, and ensures that when our agency is removed, it is for good reason, and flows with the story. It's an incredible example of how to create a narrative in which interaction is used as a true part of the story, rather than as a ludic crutch or gimmick. The first two Bioshock games did this as well, but neither quite as nicely as Infinite has done.

I thought the mechanics of the game were among the best designed I've ever encountered. The weapon variety and scarcity was great, and though it occasionally annoyed, it was a really great choice to limit the player to two weapons at a time. It really made me think about which weapons I really needed, and it occasionally forced me to go long stretches without my preferred weapon, when I had to drop it, and use something else due to a lack of ammo. It took me out of my comfort zone for long stretches, and kept me searching. I kept a Carbine and a Sniper rifle for most of the game, but I once had to go for nearly an hour with a repeater and a hand cannon, fruitlessly searching for the weapons I wanted. My sense of relief upon locating each of them was tremendous, "Now I can fight properly again!".

I was a little annoyed occasionally by the lack of a save-anywhere, since it occasionally meant I had to lose progress when I wanted to stop playing, but hadn't reached an auto-save point recently, but the death penalties are set up well the way they are. Loosing $50 to respawn was just enough penalty to make me really not want to die, but not so much that dying made me want to go all the way back to the last auto-save

I'm glad that I saw an article before playing which warned to start one's first playthrough on 'Hard'. I usually play on 'normal' assuming that this is the 'intended' gameplay level, but I can see that playing on normal, I would not have needed any sky-hook combat, nor had to worry about any cover (and since those are major, fun mechanics, I would have missed out on a lot). As it was, I only had to lower the difficulty for one fight.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.