Truck Reviews Beauty Spring Reading Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

BioShock Infinite - Xbox 360
Format: Video Game|Change

on June 27, 2017
Bioshock Infinite, the third in the Bioshock series albeit nothing to do with the original two Bioshock games-- with an exception for the ending.

I'll preface this review that the game has had many issues since I pre-ordered it on release day of March 26, 2013. The first time around playing the game, I made it through an hour of the game with absolutely NOTHING saved and didn't want to go back to go through all the work of getting Elizabeth again. I just picked up the game a couple of weeks ago, and it "Autosaved" once, when I got past the several timeline changes. I then made it all the way to Comstock house (towards the end of the game) saying it was "Autosaving" and "Loading" numerous times, and exited out of the game at a good point. Lo and behold another several hours down the drain as I'm taken back to the original point it saved before.

So there is no actual Save feature, so if you're looking for a pick up and play then this isn't the game. It has a very immersive steampunk feel to the game, and for a first-person shooter it's very nice, following the previous Bioshock games (mostly the first game). The game has a never heard of before concept of the NPC taking care of herself, and she actually helps you out with items!

Overall, a great game. I'm marking it down due to the very mediocre "Autosave" feature instead of enabling a player-use save. Also due to the glitchiness of the games at times, especially during fights.

Thank you!
on August 28, 2016
With the other BioShock games I had this desire to play it again. Not so with BioShock Infinite and I'm not really sure why. It's a great game.....really it is, but I have absolutely no desire to play it again

Maybe it has to do with the ending which I won't spoil.....for the Amish who haven't played this game

You're Booker DeWitt sent to the sky city of Columbia to erase a debt. You're there to look for Elizabeth and take her back to New York.

Elizabeth is the bright spot in this game as she's actually useful and tosses you ammo and health items on occasion.

Columbia looks amazing and it's very different from Rapture.

The ending........no, no. I'm not gonna spoil it.

I would recommend it if you liked the other games.

It's a good game but has a lackluster ending
on May 28, 2013
This is a creepy game, but AWESOME to play. No other video game I have ever played is as twisted as this, or riveting to play. The very first Max Payne on the original Xbox was pretty warped, but Bioshock Infinite sets new milestones in the "What the F Department!" I've been a gamer for a long time, but not a complete Vidiot, so if I don't please hardcore gamer's with this review then I apologize. I have really really enjoyed playing this game and would recommend it to anyone who is a first person shooter junkie, drama/sci-fi/horror film appreciator, and deep thinker. This is a home run! Everything from the graphics to the story line is impeccably done. I feel this game has set standards for games to come, and has raised the bar significantly. Huge kudos to Irrational and 2K games.
5 people found this helpful
on February 4, 2016
Great first person shooter game, but none of the cool style of the original Bioshock or Bioshock 2. Basically, imagine Bioshock 2 without anything that made Bioshock special. Sure, the combat is slicker & the graphics are nicer, but that's it. Elizabeth is kinda like Eleanor. There are no weird, interesting weapons. There's no hacking. No bots. There's nothing like Adam, everything just uses money. Nothing like Big Daddies or Little Sisters. Yes, there's the bird, but you never get to fight it. You only get to make 2 "choices" in the game and they have absolutely no impact on anything.

If you haven't played it yet, then at least buy the Ultimate edition, which includes the DLC. The DLC still costs like 20 or 30 bucks on Xbox live, but the Ultimate edition costs less than 15 on Amazon.
on April 27, 2016
I can see why this game won 80+ awards!! This is my first time playing any game in the Bioshock series & I'm absolutely blown away 😮! I don't even know where to begin... The first person gaming style, the graphics, the early 1900's setting, the storyline, the **VIGORS**...I can go on & on. I have never seen or played such a fantastical game!!! And I bought it on a whim..what luck! I highly recommended this game to any type of gamer. Before this I played a lot of Silent Hill, Dishonored, Lollipop Chainsaw, American McGees Alice & Madness Returns, the 3 new Batman games, etc & I must say Bioshock Infinite has the best of all those games all rolled into one. Don't second guess yourself..Buy This Game Now! You won't regret it. I'm planning on buying the first two Bioshock games next. To the makers of Bioshock Infinite: you ROCK! More games like this please!!! 😀
2 people found this helpful
on July 8, 2015
Delivery was early, and shipping was accurate. New game, no damage. As for the review of the game, oh my god. I bought this game a couple months after release and I gotta say it's up there with Red Dead Redemption in my favorite video games of all time. One thing they both have in common is an unbelievable story. Movie material guys, the ending will roundhouse kick you right in the teeth. It's a great first person shooter, took me a couple days to beat so length isn't an issue. Replay ability is good but not great, after two or three times it'll get old due to the enemies normal in any game. Overall best game released since Red Dead in 2010, Even The Last of Us doesn't beat out this game, its story is just too good. No game released after this one has been better or equal to this game since this current date. (7-8-15) It'll probably be Fallout 4, but till then a champion of best game for the past two years.
on March 7, 2014
And when I say I hated the ending, I say that from the perspective of a non-hardcore gamer who typically plays every Xbox game on the easiest level. I'm much more interested in games with good story telling as well as good shooting. Since I can't spend 12 hours a day gaming, I will never reach the level of advanced gamers, and if I can't get past a particular level after 5 or 6 tries, then the game usually gets turned off and never finished.

I've played and enjoyed all the Bioshock games, but I'm stuck on the final level here. Even watching the walkthrough videos and following the advice, I cannot finish the game. So I know how it ends, but cannot get to the final satisfaction of completing it myself. So I've moved on.

The game gets the full 5 stars for storytelling and action; I won't penalize the rating just because of my incompetence as a player!
on February 11, 2015
This game was a lot of fun and a nice change of pace from the originals, which felt very claustrophobic. The story is engaging and interesting, and the gameplay itself is smooth but lacks a lot of the technicality you may find in similar games (pro or con depending on what you enjoy). I will admit that combat, while pretty epic, was also pretty generic and repetitious by the end of the game. For myself, I quickly settled into a few favorite weapons and felt very little need to change that up. The upgrade system for weapons and gear was really nice and added a lot as you progressed through the game, but also served to keep you using your core set of gear, instead of 'unimproved' alternatives. The only real replayability (in my opinion) would be to focus on other gear/fighting styles as there is very little choice or arch (that I can remember).
on December 27, 2013
Bioshock is easily my favorite video game franchise hands down. This addition into the franchise was SO perfect. I really hope they continue to make these. The storyline was really something you could get into easily and the ending, without giving any spoilers, definitely leaves you with a good amount of thinking to do. BUT IN A GOOD WAY.

The gameplay is a lot of fun. I have only played through once on the normal setting but it was enjoyably challenging and definitely going to worth playing a few more times to try to get all the small knick knacks.

If you've never played the other Bioshocks, there is only a few small things that you'll miss BUT no matter what, this is a game you should play. It's right up on my list with Bioshock as one of the best games ever made.
on June 29, 2013
Wow... What else can I say?! First of all, the detail in this game is beyond explanation. How the designers, put so much into every corner and facet of the game is amazing. The detail is not just in the characters and the story, but also in and around every corner of the virtual world that you're playing in. I'd bought BioShock for my son, but found that he and I both spent equal time playing (and frankly, I was probably on it even more than he was).

The game is addictive. Once you get pulled into the story line, there's really no way to stop playing until you get to the end. The game has different levels of difficulty, and a ton of badges that can be won by accomplishing different "games within the game," and I'll most definitely be starting over on a harder level, once I've caught up on all the work I missed from playing this the first time around.

If you like first person adventure games, OR if you've never done one, but are curious, I'd recommend that you play BioShock. Infinite. You'll love it!
|0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.