Industrial Deals Beauty Oprah's Book Club STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 174 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 189 reviews
on March 3, 2017
I played Bioshock 1 when a friend brought it over back in 2011-12. I didn't really get too into it since admittedly, I thought it was pretty creepy (especially at night in an empty apartment). It did leave a great impression on me though and I never forgotten about it. Fast forward to present day and I'm thinking about the series again. Boy am I glad I picked it up now! The storyline, gameplay and graphics still hold up to this day. I'll break down each part in this review.

Storyline: I'm going to avoid spoilers and try and condense both stories (1 & 2) in this. First and foremost, I loved Bioshock 1's storyline. The concept at the time was fresh and there's some significant plot twists that really makes you immerse yourself in the game. Bioshock 2? It's decent. It's still pretty good but definitely did not leave a lasting impact like 1. There's some nice little twists in the end but nothing too out of the ordinary. Although I will admit, 2 definitely was fun since you're playing as a Big Daddy.

Gameplay: The gameplay on 1 is pretty good but I'm not the biggest fan of the inventory menu. Constantly switching to the right Plasmid and gun can get a little frustrating especially in the heat of battle. I kind of wish that you were allowed to change the order for fast-switching your weapons and Plasmids. This is also true in Bioshock 2, however it's more streamlined and better handled. In Bioshock 2, you have numerous tonic slots/plasmid slots, etc. and can really power your character since you're a Big Daddy. You never get the feeling that you're overpowered though since the enemies provide a good balance for you at all times. I absolutely love the atmosphere and the way the splicers (Adam addicted citizens) interact with each other and the environment. When you leave an area and come back, even if you cleared all the enemies, more will come around, search for food, talk, sing to themselves, etc. It really makes you feel like the city of Rapture is alive and has countless citizens inhabiting it.

Graphics: For "older" last-gen games, their graphics hold up pretty well. I'm a little more lenient with graphics because as long as it's clear and looks decent (minimal screen tears, frame drops, etc.), I'm pretty happy. Graphics definitely complement the game and can enhance the experience so it's still a very important factor. Bioshock 1 & 2 don't disappoint in that respect. The graphics are a little dated, there's remastered versions for the PS4 which makes the character models look clearer, sharper and overall better texture detailed but the PS3 version holds up fine.

So in closing, I highly recommend this series and I'm probably going to pick up Infinite sometime in the future to finish up everything.
on July 5, 2016
Back a few years ago I heard about the bioshock series and was really interested by it. I was a little late to get a ps3 so I hadn't played these games yet and thankfully nothing had been spoiled for me. First off I will say these are two of the best games ever created in my personal opinion. The world of Bioshock is unlike anything else that had been seen in a video game, and is still very unique compared to past and modern games. Yes this is a FPS, but believe me it is totally different than anything else out there. The combat is super fun, the game mechanics are awesome, and the story is really what sets these games apart. I remember the first time I played the original Bioshock my jaw hit the floor because of the amazement I got from thsee games. After I beat the 1st game I immediately wanted to start it right over, even without playing the 2nd one yet. Not many games do that to me at all. Well after I did play the 2nd game I felt the same way. Even though alot of people disliked the 2nd game I really cannot see why at all! It improved upon the 1st games mechanics in almost every way, and whats not to love about playing as a big daddy! Also of course there is also alot of dlc that comes with these games, and that alone is really great. The Minervas Den dlc from the 2nd was my personal favorite. Anyways I bought this bundle back when it was only $20 which was an absolute steal, but even if I had to pay $50(how much it is at this moment) it would still be totally worth it. I really stepped out on a limb buying these games and I dont regret it for a single second. One thing to keep in mind is that a ps4/xone/pc remaster collection is coming out in spetember which has all 3 games and all dlc. If by chance you don't have a next Gen console buy this bundle! I will admit Bioshock is a strange game and not something everyone will like, but its definitely worth a try. The Bioshock series is absolutely amazing, and I am so glad that I had the chance to play these AMAZING games!
on January 19, 2013
First off, these games are amazing, and with all the DLC included (on disc, no codes included), this bundle is a steal.

Now, both games and the DLC are all on one disc ( a dual layered Blu-ray disc to be precise). Once you insert the disc, two icons will appear, one for "Bioshock" and one for "Bioshock and Bioshock 2 Additional Content". When you start Bioshock 1, the only thing you have to install is game data, which is about 5GB. When you choose the "Bioshock and Bioshock 2 Additional Content" icon, Bioshock 2 and all the DLC for both games will be listed. Unlike Bioshock 1, Bioshock 2 (the entire game) has to be completely installed, which amounts to 9.4 GB of space. The DLC has to be installed as well, which is about 5.6GB all together.

Adding all three totals together, it's really 20GB instead of 22GB, but it's still a lot.

Despite all that, this is a great bundle, and at $30, it's one that should not be missed
on June 19, 2013
Bioshock was arguably one of the finest games of this generation when it was released in 2007. Now, it and Bioshock 2, w/ all their DLC, come in this greatly priced package. Perfect, right? Well not quite.
My only gripe with the game is that it's one of those games where you have to install practically the ENTIRE digital version of the game, but still need the disc to play it. This results in some major punishment for your harddrive if it's running low on space, a whopping 22GB total as mentioned on the back of the box. For example, other games that did this were Assassin's Creed: Ezio Trilogy and Journey: Collector's Edition. I don't know much about game programming, but games like God of War HD Collection and the God of War Origins Collection compiled their games onto one blu ray without having to install jack.

Other than that, two great games and their DLC at a list price of half a normal retail game price is a good buy
on May 4, 2015
what an incredible series of games, I really can't even put it in words how much I've enjoyed all of the Bioshock games over the past 5 years or so. The first game has this creepy ambiance, minimalistic but period correct music just adds to the eerie feeling, hunting down splicers while being hunted down by Ryan and Atlas. Such a great story and lore that makes it almost believable that there was a city built underwater in the 1940s. So many quotable characters, great gameplay that was only improved with Bioshock 2 (seriously, to be able to fire a weapon or plasmid rather than having to switch from one to the other is such a great improvement in itself) The DLC also makes it such a good value, and I'll continue replaying these games once a year or so, for as long as I can
VINE VOICEon April 27, 2013
I played BioShock 1 first to get the basic idea. One thing I noticed is that I was always broke, injured or out of ammo for most of the earlier part of the game even on casual.

I play these games very thoroughly and search everywhere to collect items and money. I got stuck for good when I used quest items to craft something. There simply weren't anymore no matter where I searched so on to BioShock 2.

In BioShock 2, your character is a Big Daddy. They moved the regenerate health button to the right arrow instead of "O" on the PS3.

As a Big Daddy, every footstep pounds as you plod along. There's basically two types of weapons: The kind that shoot (or drill) are held in your right hand and the kind that use mental powers (like fire bolt) are held in your left hand called Plasmids. Each weapon or Plasmid has upgrades. The weapons that fire also have 3 types of ammo.

The plot of the story is for you to harvest Adam which is the soul of the Little Sister. Each Little Sister is protected by a Big Daddy so you need to kill him first.

The story is somewhat repetitious because a lot of the scenery looks the same. Basically, you kill people, you search them and their surroundings, hack stuff, avoid detection by security cameras, kill Big Daddies/Big Sisters and harvest Little Sisters' Adam. There are quests that you have to complete on each level. If you just do the quests and harvest Little Sisters, there will be part of the map left unexplored. I could get to some of these areas but not others.

I'm not crazy about the controller layout but all things considered I had fun playing BioShock 1 and 2.

I just played the games and did not review any of the optional content.

Next up, BioShock Infinite.
on June 9, 2014
I had wanted this game for a long time but, my husband didn't think it looked very interesting. I was excited to see that it was at an awesome price for both games so I bought it for myself for fun. One night after our Girls went to bed, I strapped on my goggles and stuck it in the playstation. Right away I was spellbound. I loved the steampunkish setting, the creepy music and background noises, The story was a good one for both games, I liked how you had to have a moral compass for the endings..I got the good ones on both, I really liked the little sisters and I loved getting to be a Big Daddy smacking the snot out of splicers with my giant drill. I was also glad to see that in the second one, you were able to figure out where the timeline was from it compared to the first one. I also thought it was neat that seriously for both games I thought I was at the end and it turned out that I was only half way through the adventure! I would definitely give these games 5 stars and I think my husband who ended up playing them after me would too ;) On a side note though, I did buy Infinite after it went down in price thinking it would somehow connect with the end of 2 and I was very disappointed, and it ended totally depressing.
on December 8, 2013
Bioshock is one of the coolest video games ever made. I'm serious, it's that good. And when you throw in the extras that they include on this DVD, it's like the best deal since.... well.... since ever!

Advice - Install the extras before you actually start playing the game. If you start playing the game and then install the extras, you will lose your progress. And that ain't cool. But it's ok, I'm your buddy and I wouldn't let that happen to you.
on October 25, 2014
I purchased bioshock ifinite from the Playstation Store and after a few minutes of play time, decided I needed to play the first, good thing I did! Bioshock is a fantastic game series with a well thought out, designed, and interesting atmosphere. The gameplay is basic first person shooter, but the shooter aspect is not it's focus, the story-telling is. The series is rated M, I do not advise younger audiences. The game has blood, strong language (f-word), violence, and some creepy/scary images or experiences. I would play these before playing infinite, the story lines very much relate to each other.
Bioshock is now one of my favorite series'.
on March 1, 2013
Bioshock is one of the greatest games of all time, simply put. If your into games and haven't played this, now is the time to catch up with the series.

I played both Bioshock 1 and Bioshock 2 when they were first released. There where a few trophies (achievements) i still wanted to go back and get, so I decided to pick this split pack up at a very affordable price.

I fell in love all over again with the terrifc gameplay and story, i can't believe I ever traded these in the first time.

a must buy for any serious gamer, even if they have played it before. Fall in love with rapture all over again.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.