About the Product
- Made with the Best Quality Material with your child in mind.
- Top Quality Children's Item.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
First, the games. BioShock needs no introduction. It's my all time favorite game of all time alongside System Shock 2, and it's one of those games that absolutely deserves its rankings amongst the top of any "Best of...." list. It's also the game that made me realize what Video Games are. As a former film buff who once turned my nose up at video games, BioShock was the game that made me realize I can't ignore video games; in fact, BioShock made me momentarily forget about film entirely. BioShock isn't all that perfect (as one knows, the endings are terrible, and the final boss battle lacks the emotional climax the game needed), but the end impact of the game makes little niggling story issues near vapid once you factor in the whole experience. That experience, rich with meaning, beauty, humor, horror, and so much more. I wouldn't trade it for the world. If any game proves that video games are an amazing art form, BioShock is one of those games.
Game play has always been a controversial part of the series. Some people love the game play, some people couldn't get into it, and some people hate it. Personally, I grew up on the mechanics (I've been a fan of the franchise ever since its inception, and I still play BioShock), and I've always loved the combat in this game over just about any other FPS, much more than Halo, COD, and even other sandbox shooters like Crysis (though I love all of those franchises, don't get me wrong.Read more ›
What I loved:
- Morality, this is what sets Bioshock apart from other shooters in my opinion, you have a choice when it comes to certain aspects, will you do what benefits your life but is so wrong, or will you be a savior doing what is right, but it makes it harder on you? What you do has big time effects on the whole game, so pick what you stand for. It really makes you think beyond mindlessly blasting away. It is emotionally gripping, heartbreaking, beautiful, and incredibly happy in just one instance.
- The environment and the idea of an underwater utopia gone wrong is so freaking unique, I don't know where these people come up with this stuff! The steampunk-esque environment that has really started to fall apart is beautiful, you get a sense of what was, what is, and what is becoming of rapture.
- The storyline is......heart breaking, emotionally charged, morally driven, and just incredible. The way it develops, the twists and turns, and the outcomes are incredible.
- The gameplay is some of the funnest I've ever experienced. The thought of being able to shoot electricity, flames, insects, tornadoes, ect. out of your hands and they blast off someones head with a shotgun is SO FUN! Also, using an industrial strenght drill to dismember people in 2 is the most fun I've had destroying enemies in any game. It's an absolute blast.
- It is very challenging at times, but doable.Read more ›
The Bioshock series has been one of my favorites of the past few years and even though you can enjoy the latest installment of the series, Bioshock Infinite, without having played the first two games, it was great to relive the adventures of Jack and Subject Delta before jumping into Bioshock Infinite. Rapture, with it's cold, stark environment is not just the background, but a character of its own.
Whether you are new to the series or looking to play old favorites, for under $30, you cannot go wrong with Bioshock Ultimate Rapture Edition!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Great purchase. Was bought as a gift. Shipped very quickly!Published 2 months ago by Amazon Customer
The game itself is great. But when my package came. The box was damaged and the disk wasn't set properly inside. Read morePublished 2 months ago by Amazon Customer
Love the bundle. Unfortunately my bio shock 2 disc is a bad copy but it's brand new?Published 5 months ago by Ross