Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping.
Ship it to us for free.
We are unable to process your trade-in order.
About the product
- Biologically mod your body with plasmids - genetic augmentations that empower you with dozens of fantastic abilities
- Take control of your world by hacking devices and systems
- Upgrade your weapons at Fire-For-Effect stations located through Rapture
- Pick up materials in the city to modify them at U-Invent kiosks
- Explore an incredible and unique art deco world hidden deep under the ocean, vividly illustrated with realistic water effects
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
BioShock lets you do the impossible as you explore a mysterious underwater city. When your plane crashes, you discover Rapture - an underwater Utopia torn apart by civil war. Caught between powerful forces and hunted down by genetically modified "splicers" and deadly security systems, you have to come to grips with a deadly, mysterious world filled with powerful technology and fascinating characters. As little girls loot the dead, and biologically mutated citizens ambush you at every turn. Now you're trapped, caught in the middle of a genetic war that will challenge both your capacity to survive and your moral allegiance to your own humanity. Make meaningful and mature decisions that culminate in the grand question - do you exploit the innocent survivors of Rapture to save yourself - or risk all to become their savior?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
On another note, I really appreciate the fact that one can re-download the game from Amazon's game storage system if need be. It can be one of the most frustrating things to get a new computer and loose all of your games !
However, as good a game as it is, it took me five days following Bioshock's arrival at my house to get it to install. There was just one problem: the automatic updater requires that ALL firewalls be shut down during the installation; unfortunately, it doesn't say this outright and the installer quits if it can't update Bioshock. I was aware that many other people had this serious problem, so I wanted to see if I can spread the word better on how to install Bioshock without interruptions. To get Bioshock installed, here's what you must do:
1. You have to have a wireless connection. Make it a strong one so you don't leave anything to chance.
2. After the initial Bioshock files have been installed, this is where I had trouble. You must make sure that ALL FIREWALLS ARE SHUT DOWN. This includes Windows Firewalls, Norton or McAfee scanners/firewalls, and even built-in firewalls for modem-based security (i.e: OpenDNS. Fortunately these kinds of firewalls aren't that common.)
3. Install and enjoy the game! Be sure to turn all firewalls back on for your own security. On a final note, DON'T INSTALL THE "v.1.1" UPDATE FOR THE RETAIL VERSION OF BIOSHOCK!!! It just crashes the game on the loading screens and you have to wait another hour doing a clean re-installation of the program. As far as I can tell, the game works fine without the 1.1 patch; however, if you're picky about it, I recommend buying Bioshock from Steam (but you'll get it cheaper on Amazon, and there's not much difference between the 1.0 and 1.1 Bioshocks.) Hope this helps!
I had no problems installing (note: an internet connection is required to install), and I bought from a vendor who advertised that the code key was included. I did have an issue with the sound cutting out (hence 4 stars), but an online search took me quickly to information showing that I needed to change a setting in my Device Manager. Once that was addressed I had no issues playing the game.
The game itself was a blast. Beautiful graphics, but the sounds and voice acting are what really made this game so enjoyably creepy.