Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Biochemistry. Jeremy M. Berg, John L. Tymoczko, Lubert Stryer 7th revised international ed Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
Best Books of the Year So Far in fiction, nonfiction, mysteries, children's books, and much more.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
- Table of Contents
- student companion web site
- instructor resources (overhead transparencies, CD-ROM; matching ISBN's)
^ the similarities were enough for me to feel comfortable purchasing the book despite the differences outlined below.
- listed publisher (WH Freeman for non-international, WH Freeman and Palgrave Macmillan for international)
- cover (International version is labeled as such and indicated further by a light gray border, and a note on cover that says, "This edition is for use outside the USA and Canada")
- student companion book (different ISBN's, different # of pages claimed)
- # of pages -- the Amazon listing and publisher website for the International version both claim that the book has 1,026 pages. That is not exactly true. The international version here in front of me has 1,098 pages of text devoted to the content outlined by the Table of Contents. To be fair, they might have omitted from that count all pages that pertain to end-of-chapter problems (mathematically that would make sense); but they have also omitted a page count for introductory text (32 pages), Appendix A (30 pages of problem answers), Appendix B (48 page index), blank (8 pages), and the back inside cover is also printed with tables for Acidity Constants and Standard Bond Lengths. All of this to say that you cannot make a valid comparison based on claimed page numbers alone. The Amazon listing and publisher website for the non-international version claims 1,120 pages. Draw your own conclusions.Read more ›
Is a nice book that is fairly clear, but the diagrams are far more helpful than the text.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Brand new book!!! So excited to get the latest version of Stryer - cost less than the other version but the same material!!!!!!Published 23 months ago by D_ed_So
Was very useful for my bio chemistry class.i would recommend the item. it has good exercises and info. quite heavy though :)Published on November 10, 2013 by soraya009
Text is exactly what I was needing. The international version has no differences that I have noticed. The book was in perfect condition.Published on September 30, 2013 by April