Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Customer reviews

Format: VHS Tape|Change
Price:$9.49+ $3.99 shipping

Showing 1-5 of 5 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 10 reviews
on February 9, 2015
Mahatma Gandhi was a very spiritual man who did his very best for his people. I wish there were more men like him today. He was a man with a huge magnificent soul. People like him can help change the wold.
on April 6, 2015
Good job.
on December 17, 2014
Good and informative video
on August 16, 2001
I consider myself a serious student of the life of Mahatma Gandhi, and to some extent, a formal researcher... I loved Attenborough's movie -- though sentimental in spots, I believe it captured the essence of Gandhi, based on everything else I have studied about him. This documentary seemed a bit obsessed with the "journalistic" need to balance out their overview of Gandhi by outlining semi-deprecating hearsay alongside accolades. Gandhi wasn't perfect -- but please, be sure your facts are straight when reporting! For instance, Gandhi is alleged to have "slept naked with young Hindu girls" later in life to test his commitment to celibacy. Personally, I don't care who or what Gandhi slept (or whatever) with, or didn't (and I believe it was "didn't", per his celibacy vow), so I don't see this as a "slur" per se -- it's just as far as I know, it's simply inaccurate. In several other well-known volumes on Gandhi, his true nature of complete asexuality was expressed both by himself and close associates, and based on his entire life, it's unlikely he would "test" himself in this manner. Still, if you are unfamiliar with Gandhi, this could be a good introduction -- but again, I recommend the movie by Attenborough as being much better, and ironically (for a studio release) more accurate!!
on February 8, 2007
When I finally opened this to watch it, with my Mom, we were amazed when we found out he died on January 30th, bacause we were watching it on January 30th, 49 years after his passing. Isn't it amazing how these things happen??? We loved it and his life.