- Paperback: 600 pages
- Publisher: W. H. Freeman; Updated edition (December 16, 2013)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0716798972
- ISBN-13: 978-0716798972
- Product Dimensions: 7.5 x 1.3 x 9.2 inches
- Shipping Weight: 2.4 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 19 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #537,154 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Biological Physics: with New Art by David Goodsell Updated Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
- Highlight, take notes, and search in the book
- Page numbers are just like the physical edition
- Create digital flashcards instantly
- Use X-Ray to get the most important concepts Learn more
The Amazon Book Review
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more. Read it now
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
About the Author
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
(11 December 2007)
The book helpfully connects abstract theory with experiments, particularly extending derivations to the the point of reaching experimentally measurable quantities, as for example in relating dissipation and fluctuations. These discussions show how statistical physics applies to biological machines described qualitatively in more introductory books such as Cats' Paws and Catapults: Mechanical Worlds of Nature and People.
The publisher web site for the book, including errata, is only available to instructors. This limits independent study with the book. There is some nonstandard notation and definition, such as for chemical potential and avoiding partial derivatives. While these are mentioned in the text when first introduced, they could be confusing to readers who skip to later chapters.
Most recent customer reviews
The book is well written, with good explanations, and absolutely no proper physics.Read more
It is a second hand book which was stated "as new". The interior of the book is indeed pristine and as a new one.Read more