- Hardcover: 400 pages
- Publisher: Academic Press; 3 edition (August 12, 2002)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0126887217
- ISBN-13: 978-0126887211
- Product Dimensions: 6 x 1.1 x 9 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.8 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: Be the first to review this item
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #13,282,901 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Biotechnology and Safety Assessment 3rd Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
"This book is a valuable update for those wishing to keep abreast of the potential of food biotechnology and also to construct safety evaluation and assurance programs for the derived food products." --TRENDS IN FOOD SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY, May 2003
"The book is a treasure trove of useful information...Thomas and Fuchs provide a useful, fact-filled handbook of biotechnology biosafety data. ...If you have only one source of biosafety data, this is for you." --NATURE BIOTECHNOLOGY, October 2002
"...should be of interest to toxicologists, pharmacologists, nutritionists, and those responsible for assessing risk/benefits, environmental impact and safety of GM products." --SCITECH BOOK NEWS, December 2002
From the Back Cover
This expanded, updated 3rd edition of Biotechnology and Safety Assessment includes a comprehensive contemporary review of two major areas of biotechnology ― agribiotechnology and biotherapeutics. Topics covered include the safety assessment of genetically modified (GM) foods, their risk assessment, environmental impact and post-marketing surveillance. The area of biotherapeutics includes the pre-clinical safety assessment of interferons, cytokines, and new vaccines. Written by internationally recognized molecular biologists, plant agronomists, microbiologists, toxicologists, nutritionists and regulatory authorities, this book provides well-rounded coverage of the topic. This updated 3rd Edition is an excellent comprehensive and authoritative addition to any biomedical library or agricultural technical resource center.
* Provides timely coverage on topics of agribiotechnology and biotherapeutics
* Describes the recent progress in genetically modified crops and their safety
* Presents an update of the newer developments in therapeutic agents
* Discusses role of genetically modified microorganisms in the development of new food products
* Outlines various global regulatory issues relating to GM crops
* Addresses environmental and ecological topics related to GM crops
Try the Kindle edition and experience these great reading features:
No customer reviews
|5 star (0%)|
|4 star (0%)|
|3 star (0%)|
|2 star (0%)|
|1 star (0%)|