The Bird - Your Bluetooth Portable Scrolling Bright Red LED Light Sign: Perfect for Rideshare and Limo Drivers or Any Car or Vehicle - Designed and Built in The USA
- High-resolution 64×16 bright red LED Display (1024 dots); scroll well-crafted fonts and simple graphics/emojis; powered by either 3 AA batteries or micro USB power port; 4+ continuous hours full brightness on standard alkaline AAs!
- Scroll 20 programmable and reprogrammable messages up to 260,000 total characters; two fonts to choose from: "Thick" or "Tall Skinny";
- Running The Bird app on your Android/Apple device, quickly input and program your messages; use your device’s built-in keyboard or utilize the voice-to-text; select and display any of the nearly 200 supported emojis, straight from your device's keyboard!
- Bluetooth Low Energy for fast and effortless wireless programming and control; 16 levels of brightness; readable up to 90 feet in bright sunlight using The Bird's visor; 32 scrolling speeds; Banner Mode scrolls and freezes your message or rideshare logo!
- Suction cup mount with standard 1/4-20 threads and sun visor included. Vehicle Power Kit and Quick Release Mount sold as accessories; rechargeable version of The Bird available at https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07GC5WMR8
Featured items you may like
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
The Bird LED sign allows you to quickly customize up to 20 Bluetooth-programmable messages, including emojis, such as: “Rideshare for Mr. Johnstone 🚗”, “Don't ride my bumper! 😠", “Come tailgate with us! 🏈”, “I love my 🐶”, or “Your beer is in the fridge! 🍺”
• Perfect for rideshare drivers for the effortless pickup!
• As easy as typing text messages, The Bird's customizable messages can be input using The Bird app, available for free from the Apple App Store and Google Play.
• Powered by 3 AA alkaline or rechargeable batteries or through the micro USB port, The Bird is small and compact, making it easy for users to pick it up, put it in their pocket, and travel with it to different locations.
• From the rear or front car windshield to your office desk, you can take The Bird anywhere!
• Check out https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07GC5WMR8 for the rechargeable version of this product.
PLEASE NOTE: The Bird does not charge rechargeable AA batteries. A separate charger is required.
Do not expose to temperatures greater than 150F.
Check local traffic laws before using The Bird in a moving vehicle. Do not attempt to program or control The Bird while driving.
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Oh... while I do see they have a 'Baby Bird', honestly the only difference is a lower-resolution and a lower price as a result, but it's otherwise identically sized/weighted, but I feel that with 4x the resolution in this one, this is by far a better deal. Why? Because when you want to use the middle-finger emoji for the aforementioned tailpipe-hugger, it'll be much clearer to them you'd prefer they didn't. But that's just me! :)
Bonus it's designed and manufactured here in the states by a really cool guy with a fascination around blue crows and arduinos! Buy it! You won't regret it!
It could not be any easier to use. The app is super simple to use. It’s obvious how to program messages and change settings. One of the questions I had when considering this was is there an on/off button? I was concerned about having to go into my backseat every time I want to use it to turn it on and off. Good news is that’s not necessary. There is no switch rather it just turns on when you select one of your 20 messages on the app. When you click “stop” on the app the unit turns off. If your at all hesitant Download the app before ordering and play with it.
Love everything about this. Can easily see through my window tint. The suction cup mount works perfect. The one thing I did notice is that the brightness doesn’t seem to change at all when I adjust the setting in the app. This perfect for the trolls out there lol!!!!!!!!!!!!
In terms of operation, the app is super simple. Download it, auto-connect via bluetooth (BLE) and you're set. You create some predefined messages, upload them, and then fire a desired message off when needed. There are options to control display (scroll) speed, font size, brightness, mirror imaging (for those rear-view mirror messages you want seen!), mode of operation (1x, 2x, 3x, continuous or looping), and number of times to display a message. You can upload up to 20 messages, and each line of text can include a ton of different supported emojis (your device has a list of supported emojis in the online manual). Within 20 minutes, I was already designing new ideas and messages for our team, including displaying scores, time left, inning, encouraging "go team!" messages and more. The red LED display is imminently readable. I wish it had other colors, but I understand the Blue Corvus design team choices to stick with something extremely readable, and keep costs down.
The unit comes with a suction cup mount, a standard photography screw-in mount point (for tripods or other similar screw-in standard objects), and a shade that helps make the display more readable in sunlight. It's super bright as it is, but if you're getting washed out, the shade definitely helps. The battery life appears to be awesome (based on the specs they sent me), and since I put in the fresh batteries, I haven't seen a single drop in voltage despite several days of use here and there. I'll probably use NiMH batteries for now (I expect it to get a lot of use over a weekend), but it's also nice to see that they thoughtfully included a micro USB port so I could plug in a portable phone battery/charger pack, if needed. I'm sure it was intended for use in vehicles, but in my instance, I'll just use it to supplement batteries if needed.
I'm very happy with The Bird at this point. I've got grand ideas for the future, and plan to work on some mods (assuming they publish some of their tech specs in the future) specifically for my sports-related intended use. Until that time, this does everything I could hope for, at a great price, and with great quality.
My fellow drivers laughed at me.
My passengers love it.
I had what I thought was a problem with it and the manufacturer went above and beyond to solve my issue.
I went to my local PDs and sheriffs' office to make sure the device and its intended use didn't violate any laws. The head sheriff at my local airport applauded the idea and thought it would speed up traffic flow at the arrivals curbside.
I have preprogrammed several messages which I can easily edit and update to the Bird as needed.
Note: I do not put my passenger's name on the display. This way I don't give out free rides.
I've had lots of positive feedback both in my driving and from people interested in the device itself.
Edit: Just wanted to add that the company owner/support team is incredible. I sent an email with some feature requests and Michael very politely informed me that they would look into their software options and passed along some information about their referral system.
Michael (if you see this), thank you.