Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Month Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. STEM $34.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Last Minute Gifts Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Star Wars movies on sale for Prime members Star Wars movies on sale for Prime members Star Wars movies on sale for Prime members  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite Assassin's Creed Origins Shop Now HTL17_gno

on December 27, 2016
This is a very nice looking feeder. However, it doesn't have enough access holes in it and the birds pretty much ignored it when we first got it. I drilled more holes (roughly tripling the original number) and now they use it all the time. It still isn't as popular as another one we have that has a mesh construction. This one is well made, easy to fill and clean.
on February 20, 2017
I have just had this for one week, but it appears to be well made and to work as well as it appears it would. I do not have a lot of finches, so far, in my yard, but I have seen a goldfinch visit the feeder a few times in the past two days. I hope this means he will invite his friends to join him. So far, no other birds have tried to eat out of the feeder, such as sparrows, which happened with my last feeder. Those suckers can eat a lot of seed, meaning that none is left for the birds I am trying to attract. Hopefully that problem has been solved with this feeder. It appears so.
on February 22, 2016
I wanted to wait before the first rain storm before reviewing since this always seems to be the Achilles heal of bird feeders in general. There were a few drops in the top part and small amount on the bottom but nothing came into the main part of the seed area so it was easy to clean and get back into operation.

Since putting it up I've had a strong gathering of goldfinches, with the feeder managing four comfortably. The weakest part of the construction appears to be the nuts on the top and bottom holding the metal wiring in place. For some reason neither of the nuts felt like they were using the teeth where they're supposed to screw in. If you apply any basic pressure they come right out like they were too large to actually screw in so it looks to me like a design flaw on that part which I hope they fix in the future. So be prepared to lose them in the ground cover when you clean or refill the feeder. On the positive side there is enough tension and a metal crimp on the opposite side that keeps the wire in place so it's less of an issue.

I think it's a great feeder and could be even better if they fixed that one flaw.
on April 21, 2017
It took my little birds a grand total of an hour to find this unit and now I have Goldfinches along with my Chickadees! On a busy day they do some serious munching!
on April 11, 2017
Our birds love this feeder. We have up to six species trying to use the feeder at one time. We removed the tray we bought to catch dropped seeds, because mourning doves and collared doves take over the entire feeder. This feeder has given us so much joy, we are buying another.
on December 3, 2012
Be forewarned: "squirrel-proof" in not mentioned in the description and this feeder is definitely NOT squirrel-proof.

It looks pretty and once the finches find it they do like the spiral perch...but once the squirrels figured how to maneuver between the perch and the plastic--which they did by hanging upside-down--that was it. They gradually ripped away the plastic to get at the seed.

Another negative point: the seed that the squirrels left behind was water-logged and bluish-green which no bird would bother with. This feeder is now in the garbage after less than six months of service.

Buy only if you like buying pretty but disposable feeders--or if you happen to live somewhere squirrels don't and it never rains (which I believe would place you in the Sahara Desert or Antarctica).
on July 5, 2016
This item was only on my parents shepherds hook for 2 months and it fell apart. I was very embarrassed. I could not send it back as they threw it away. It was an expensive mistake. Terrible Terrible quality. 😢 Bad Christmas gift choice. They did not put it out until March and by the first week of May it was thrown out😡
on November 2, 2015
This feeder is very nice, and doesn't dump the expensive seed all over the ground. If I had a design suggestion, it would be to change the bottom of the feeder to a flat shape; it is round and won't stand on its own while being filled.
on June 16, 2014
I bought 2 of these and we have to fill them frequently. The finches flock to them. One of my most successful purchases for my feathered entertainers. They are easy to fill and easy to clean. They look nice in the trees. Perhaps we just have smart finches in Louisville--they had no difficulty figuring how to perch on the spiral perches as some reviewers commented. I bought the Woodlink copper weather shields to protect the birds from rain and snow and they are feeding daily come rain or shine, snow or whatever nature has in store.
on October 31, 2017
Sturdy. Nice and bright. Birds are enjoying it!