BCA Month Beauty Fall Reading Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon curbpremiere curbpremiere curbpremiere  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition $79.99. Limited-time offer. All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

Customer reviews

Birdie's Big-Girl Dress (Birdie Series)
Format: Hardcover|Change

on September 8, 2011
I love the way the story is simple---my granddaughter should be able to read it to herself pretty soon-- but it has sweet lessons imbued in it as you go along:

* How a child with a creative mind (future designer) dreams of ideas.

* How it was no big deal to her Mom whether or not Birdie finds a dress... If it doesn't feel right...wait.

* How when Birdie put together her creation in the attic, it felt right---and that was what was important.

The illustrations are of course gorgeous--because they are Sujean's! I study each page for all the patterns and colors and find all kinds of little surprises and delights.

When I read the book out loud to my granddaughters, 4 and 2, they laugh out loud at Birdie's dog, Monster, as he conspires with Birdie in all kinds of silly little ways.

My favorite part is how Charlie, Sujean's son, appears in a cameo. His sense of humor--and fashion sense--comes through by the way he wears two birthday hats at once!

Beautiful Sujean Rim once again writes and illustrates a beautiful children's book: Birdie's Big Girl Dress!
on April 24, 2014
My daughter is obsessed with these books. I wasn't sure this one would be as good as Birdie's Big-Girl Shoes, but we actually both like it better! Great illustrations of course, and a charming story line about finding the perfect dress for her birthday party (and it's not what you'd expect).
on April 23, 2015
Really liked the big girl shoes! Dress was a little far fetched with being able to wear her grandparents clothes at what 5?
The story and characters are sweet though.
on April 8, 2015
A wonderful, beautiful book about a little girl looking for a perfect dress! My daughter loves to wear dresses so this book is perfect for her and any girls who love dresses!
on April 28, 2016
Love this series of books and so does my 3 year old daughter. Highly recommend!!!
on May 17, 2014
My daughter is six, and she loves the Birdie books. The illustrations are adorable. I would recommend this book for all the little fashionistas out there.
on August 2, 2015
Very cute story and wonderful illustrations.
on October 30, 2013
My daughter received Birdie's Big Girl Shoes as a gift and loved it, so when I saw this book I had to get it for her too. Pictures are artistic and beautiful!
on November 15, 2012
I love these "Birdie" books. My daughter loves it too. Easy to read and easy to folloe along with. My daughter has started to read it on her own too. It was shipped quickly and here in no time.
on June 11, 2015